OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

The things written there are things that have been brainstormed and discussed on this site - more than likely, whoever wrote that section of Wikipedia simply wrote it based on the collective speculation going on here. Don't believe it.

Fixed link

Look at the "2009" section. I could see it happening... but it needs a source to be credible.

That story was pretty much spammed on every video about SoB on Youtube. Well, one comment per video but still... Also, the person also said it was definate, which it obviously isn't. When I asked him where he heard it he said Wiki and I just sighed and facepalmed.

Speaking of Son of Beast testing, yesterday on Adventure Express, some kid said "Look Son of Beast is testing, I thought it was closed" I looked up, nothing. The train went into a tunnel so I could not see anything, then into the station. For the rest of the day, I kept looking up to see if it was testing, ran into a trashcan and a sign. I guess I was too hopeful.

I don’t know Cedar Fair has reconsidered or not, but for some reason a new rumor has popped up claiming that Son of Beast is under consideration for the Texas Giant treatment… having it’s layout reprofiled and wooden track system replaced with steel track. It could just be a fanboy dream for 2012… but you never know. Maybe there is still hope.

http://screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

I would love to see a re-tracking with massive airtime hills, however, I doubt that will happen. Especially with not a single credible source to back up his statement. I am just going to sit back, enjoy the my times at Kings Island and hope for a press release sometime during the off-season.

I would love to see a re-tracking with massive airtime hills, however, I doubt that will happen. Especially with not a single credible source to back up his statement. I am just going to sit back, enjoy the my times at Kings Island and hope for a press release sometime during the off-season.

Good. :) This is exactly what I'm doing. Enjoying my summer and not worrying about every little thing at the island.

I would love to see a re-tracking with massive airtime hills, however, I doubt that will happen. Especially with not a single credible source to back up his statement.

It's Screamscape. Does Lance ever have a legitimately "credible" source except when it's on the local news or on a coaster fansite?

I realize that sounds overly critical, but I don't mean for it to be. But it's just that Lance always has his "anonymous readers" and "couple sources".

I was at KI today. Around 11:30am my buddy and me decided to ride FD and notice work being done at the SOB station. There was men there with levels, they were walking the track and I could hear tools being used around the station for SOB. No clue as to what was going on.

I don't know Cedar Fair has reconsidered or not, but for some reason a new rumor has popped up claiming that Son of Beast is under consideration for the Texas Giant treatment… having it's layout reprofiled and wooden track system replaced with steel track. It could just be a fanboy dream for 2012… but you never know. Maybe there is still hope.

http://screamscape.c...ings_island.htm

How ironic.

The day after "rumored" work gets posted here and on Wiki, it shows up on ScreamScape.

Take a step back and think about this. If SoB was having some sort of TG renovation done, wouldn't the amount of construction vehicles add up to more than one?

Unless they're just doing primary "diagnosis" and a few key representatives are casually observing the track of the ride.

GYK, who doesn't think it's happening, but also believes it would be reasonable that, if it were, something low-key would be the start of it. We wouldn't have inactivity, inactivity, inactivity, and then a shipment of steel beams, after all...

Very true. If there were construction happening, I would attirbute it to A) altering or dismantling the current ride station (perhaps to retrofit it for new trains, but that's a far-cry), or B) general maintenence and upkeep to keep the ride from falling apart from sitting idly for a year. Though they may not know if they plan to keep it, they certainly need to do at least occasional work to check the track, keep things bolted, keep screws from rusting, etc.

I was on the Eiffel Tower today and I used one of the of things to zoom into things at the park (forget what there caled lol) and I noticed there were red pieces of metal from ledger to ledger on the track. I'm guessing if they are actually there they are used to keep the track at the width it's supposed to be at. So they are probably keeping care of it and checking on it every now and then.

Very true. If there were construction happening, I would attirbute it to A) altering or dismantling the current ride station (perhaps to retrofit it for new trains, but that's a far-cry), or B) general maintenence and upkeep to keep the ride from falling apart from sitting idly for a year. Though they may not know if they plan to keep it, they certainly need to do at least occasional work to check the track, keep things bolted, keep screws from rusting, etc.

The reasons for maint. to be on the platform (which is still speculation) can be attributed to many things other than track repair/ modification.

They could be using the platform as a staging area for building Halloween Haunt sets or other projects.

They could be removing platform parts to be used in other parts of the park.

As far as the "red pieces" seen on the track- those could be used as a bridge to get from one side of the platform to another as it is unsafe to jump across the track.

Yall are so over critical of Scream Scape. He actually, and mostly hits the nail on the head with his "rumors" He posted the 2009 park map, here all of you said, yeah right thats not it..balh blah blah..and what did it turn out to be? the 2008 park map. He posted about a 2009 Roller Coaster where Swan Lake is/was, and what did yall do? Oh thats a rumor, I don't believe him, theres no way a coaster could fit there...and what happened? we have our new baby DB. I think yall should be a little bit more open to what he says, because the last few times I have looked at his sight, and I back log, he turns out to be right most of the time..

Cobra Just Sayin. Ducks for cover.

^^ I really don't think you understand our point.

Every rumor from many enthusiast sites (including Wiki) gets posted to ScreamScape with zero credible sources. Of all the rumors posted, one will eventually be correct.

Then when the official announcement is made, all the other rumors get deleted except for the one that was correct.

Other sites have actually set ScreamScape up and purposely started an outlandish rumor just to see how long it would take for it to pop up. The "sources" ScreamScape uses are usually sites like KIC.

Before Maverick was announced, it was announced on ScreamScape that the ride would be an Aquatrax. Then, when it was quite apparent it was not an Aquatrax, that post disappeared.

Even here: http://www.KICentral...opic=11507&st=0

It was rumored that a steel coaster was to be removed at CP before 2010. Did it ever happen?

Even when DB was rumored, ScreamScape posted that there was concern that the atmosphere of Beast would be compromised. Obviously that didn't happen. Also, it was posted that DB would have a first drop of 210', 2nd drop of 170', and 3rd drop would be 240' using the terrain. Even when ScreamScape announced that Swan lake was drained, according to their "sources", it was first announced here. Why not just come out and say the truth?

http://www.KICentral...c=11233&st=1170

I won't even get into the unethical posts ScreamScape has drummed up.

As far as the "red pieces" seen on the track- those could be used as a bridge to get from one side of the platform to another as it is unsafe to jump across the track.

I don't think they are used for that. They were no bigger then a tie on the track.

And how large of a board does a person need to walk over the track?