OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

Guest Millennium

Bragging rights that there is clearing for new storage buildings? You know some of the current buildings are old and need replaced and have for sometime. I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet :)

Is it necessary to make an obnoxious comment like that? He was 1) kidding, and 2) if it leads to something, he should be proud of.

Guest Millennium

Do we need more pictures? Everyone saw the other ones already...dirt isn't exactly the best thing to photograph.

^Huh? Do you mean "you might see through SOB's structure?"

That sounded rude.

as has been pointed out, there is more going on than what can be seen from the Eiffel Tower replica's viewing platforms, if someone were to be able to get a picture of something that showed something more going on, i'd love to see it.

and besides, when the park opened at the start of the 2008 season, all there was of proof of Diamondback was a small pond, that was filled in with dirt, and a lot of people on here were ecstatic to see pictures of that.

Bragging rights that there is clearing for new storage buildings? You know some of the current buildings are old and need replaced and have for sometime. I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet :)

Is it necessary to make an obnoxious comment like that? He was 1) kidding, and 2) if it leads to something, he should be proud of.

Obnoxious? If you have nothing nice to say about my posts then do not comment at all! If you think my posts are bad I suggest you go back and read some of yours!

Guest Millennium

Obnoxious? If you have nothing nice to say about my posts then do not comment at all! If you think my posts are bad I suggest you go back and read some of yours!

....My point exactly. :)

Guest Millennium

Maybe the park is waiting to see how the Texas Giant redo works..and then consider it for SOB? I wish the park could have told us SOMETHING... it has been over a year! That's weird to think..

My post is not obnoxious in any way. I would appreciate you not even comment to any of my posts.

Then I would suggest to not make a rude comment like you did in the first place. Then we wouldn't have a problem, would we?

Geez Louise.

that your posts are bad? or Obnoxious?

Cobra running (very fast) for the door!

I guess you are already out the door, so I won't even clarify! LOL!

So if all of the attempts to fix Son of Beast in the past have failed, and the reputation of the ride has been tottaly trashed, and if it costs less to demolish Son of Beast then to repair it (without even being guarrenteed that it will work in the long run.) Why wouldn't they just demolish it and start out fresh?

I too took a trip to the park tonight. The land clearing does indeed extend to the right of the area shown in HTCO's pictures. I even used the telescope on the tower and ould see that the area has been cleared and leveled as far as I could see through the structure of the ride while looking toward the Rose Bowl.

I really hope they destroy the giant rose bowl, and make it something less forceful. Maybe bring in some more technologically advanced trains so it's not as rough. And if they REALLY want to be nice, make the area with the rose bowl, a newer and bigger loop. Ha, I need to think realistically.

So if all of the attempts to fix Son of Beast in the past have failed, and the reputation of the ride has been tottaly trashed, and if it costs less to demolish Son of Beast then to repair it (without even being guarrenteed that it will work in the long run.) Why wouldn't they just demolish it and start out fresh?

Let's say the ride has cost $30 million so far. Let's also say that the Iron Horse re-do might cost $12 million, and demolition could be $8 million. Your options are a $42 million chance at success, or a $38 million dollar empty field. At some point, you have to look at that sort of big picture and say, "It might be worth it to at least try." If it costs $8 million to demolish, that isn't "starting over fresh." It'll cost $8 million just to get back to an empty field... Then another $20 million for another big addition...