OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

As far as the "Cleared land" behind Son of Beast, almost all of it is hidden when you're on Eiffel Tower. If you ride Drop Tower you can clearly see all of it, but it still isn't too impressive.

I would trust Don on that one. Can you think of all the things that need to go into running Kings Island? Now try and put Son of Beast on that. I can see how they don't want to deal with it.

They sued Roller Coaster Corporation of America and its Ohio subsidiary, obtained a judgment, but collected not a dime. They then attempted to sue their own insurance company for the loss, but lost...

If they could just think of someone else to sue...you know what they say "Third times a charm". smile.gif

I think we need some common sense and reasoning here...

If the mods would go ahead and close this thread, someone can begin the appropriate "Large Area of Dirt Next To Son of Beast That We're Assuming Is A New Kings Island Attraction" thread... ;)

Guest rcfreak339

If they were to tear it down, I would love to see them replace with a coaster with the exact same layout, lol. but thats just me.

to me Son of Beast was never THAT rough to begin with, at least not as people make it out to be. I mean it's wood! of course it not gonna be super smooth.

Roughness is one of the main reasons wooden caster are still being made. Thats the point of it.

If someone doesn't like it, they shouldn't get on.

I think people just want something to complain about and agree with. It was the tallest wooden coaster, of curse it's gonna be rougher than normal.

Pretty soon, people are gonna start saying "Kingda is too fast!". Well of course it fast, thats the point!. LOL

this post wasn't made to offend anyone, just saying how I feel.

I would love to see it re-opened though. Or at least give it a few "going-away runs ".

No roller coaster should feel as if your chest was imploding. No coaster should ever make it feel like your head is going to explode. Son of Beasts problem was never roughness...it was forces.

Guest Millennium

i never said they went to roller coaster corp. of america first, stop putting words in my mouth.

i'd be shocked if they were the first ones that were asked, all i said was that for the right price they most likely would have done it.

did you ever think their price tag (either cci, or gci), wasn't in the parks budget. there is more that goes into a parks decision of who to have build something than whether or not the company wants to.

Again, when I'm trying to have a conversation, you turn it into a debate. Not new.

Today at the lunch for Coasting For Kids Don mentioned Son of Beast. He said not to pay attention to ANYTHING being said on any fansite, etc cause they are all just rumors.

If I heard him correctly, he said the park hasn't even discussed the ride in a long time and do not plan on it. Something about perhaps they will know what they are doing with it by NEXT fall.

This could mean many things:

1. They decided SOBs fate long ago, and there has been no need for further discussion

2. The discussions are taking place in Sandusky and those in Mason are not privy to what is being discussed

3. They really don't have a clue

4. They have no plans to close Geauga La-- Uh, oh......

If they were to tear it down, I would love to see them replace with a coaster with the exact same layout, lol. but thats just me.

to me Son of Beast was never THAT rough to begin with, at least not as people make it out to be. I mean it's wood! of course it not gonna be super smooth.

Roughness is one of the main reasons wooden caster are still being made.  Thats the point of it.

If someone doesn't like it, they shouldn't get on.

I think people just want something to complain about and agree with.  It was the tallest wooden coaster, of curse it's gonna be rougher than normal.  

Pretty soon, people are gonna start saying "Kingda is too fast!". Well of course it fast,  thats the point!. LOL

this post wasn't made to offend anyone, just saying how I feel.

I would love to see it re-opened though. Or at least give it a few "going-away runs ".

No roller coaster should feel as if your chest was imploding. No coaster should ever make it feel like your head is going to explode. Son of Beasts problem was never roughness...it was forces.

It was both the roughness and the forces. Son of Beast only pulled 4.5 G's there are a lot of steel coasters that pull almost 6 G's. Son of Beasts problems was how the rose bowl shaped, the previous premier trains weighed A LOT, the "newer" trains were modified big time to fit it's larger track gauge and that both just destroyed up the track. Not so sure if I remember but that rose bowl pulled almost no lats (not saying it didn't) turns with no lats do tear up the track. The roughness came from both the track and the forces.

i never said they went to roller coaster corp. of america first, stop putting words in my mouth.

i'd be shocked if they were the first ones that were asked, all i said was that for the right price they most likely would have done it.

did you ever think their price tag (either cci, or gci), wasn't in the parks budget. there is more that goes into a parks decision of who to have build something than whether or not the company wants to.

Again, when I'm trying to have a conversation, you turn it into a debate. Not new.

And you come in and start complaining about what he said and that makes the problem grow so either ignore it or PM him and talk about it there.  :)

all i did was do the exact same thing you did, i posted my ideas and beliefs, just because they are different from yours does not make it an argument, it makes it a discussion (something that happens in a discussion forum), for you to think it's an argument makes me think you want it to be one.

Guest Millennium

PurpleHaze is mad that I won't add him on Facebook..sigh. I am just not comfortable with adding you, sorry! Hitting the ignore button now.

FeartheFour, can you show me WHERE I was complaining about anything? Please? Thank you!

Back on topic, the ride was still pleasant in 07 when I rode it. I am hoping it stays open.

Guest Millennium

I never added you on facebook and if I did I must have done it thinking you was someone else. Why would I have you added to my facebook when i have you blocked on here?

You can still read and reply to what I say even though you have blocked me? Hmm!

PurpleHaze is mad that I won't add him on Facebook..sigh. I am just not comfortable with adding you, sorry! Hitting the ignore button now.

FeartheFour, can you show me WHERE I was complaining about anything? Please? Thank you!

Back on topic, the ride was still pleasant in 07 when I rode it. I am hoping it stays open.

Don't feed the troll...

And don't feed this Millennium guy. (Also a troll).

In other news...

I feel as if this is not just playing around in the dirt, dirt. ;) I think something is going down. ;) And it ain't no shed.

It was both the roughness and the forces. Son of Beast only pulled 4.5 G's there are a lot of steel coasters that pull almost 6 G's. Son of Beasts problems was how the rose bowl shaped, the previous premier trains weighed A LOT, the "newer" trains were modified big time to fit it's larger track gauge and that both just destroyed up the track. Not so sure if I remember but that rose bowl pulled almost no lats (not saying it didn't) turns with no lats do tear up the track. The roughness came from both the track and the forces.

Exactly. When you get a train that doesn't fit plus those forces. It ends in disaster. It needs re tracked plus new trains, or put to death. It has simply ran its course.