OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

Very good post, Mr. Bombay, but I will quibble with one little part:

...Is Son of Beast going to be open ever again: Those who know aren't going to post it on a fan site....

Yes, they will. When it's time. And not before.

And if someone stupidly does before it's time, they will almost never know anything else before it's time again...

That's the way the business works...as it must. It is, after all, a business.

To newer readers...note what is said by whom...and perhaps more importantly, what is not said.

Learning to interpret is at least half of winning the battles of everyday life, in this or any other business, and in life in general...

Finally, this particular coaster ended up throwing the careers of many associated with it for a loop...it's been quite the thorny wicket.

Guest rcfreak339

It's just funny, this topic can be a good one and last a while. Remember the mystery construction topic back in 2008? It was very fun and I had a good time posting. Now, if people would just shut up and drop the arguing, whining, and complaining about other members I could see this topic turning out the same. If you want to argue do it else where and not here. There is no reason why this topic should close.

Everyone has an opinion rcfreak doesn't mean anyones personal opinion is right or wrong, welcome to america:)

You have to remember when you get people together from all walks of life these things happen. It is a forum and a topic that has lasted this long usually does get out of hand because people start leaving the realm of this could happen to this is what will happen. As speculation grows so does tempers and such, just the way it is. Some sees a dirt pile and everyone goes into a non-factual frenzy.

Gonna be a long winter ahead.

Guest rcfreak339

^That post is what I meant about starting arguments.

I am not postng again, in fear I will start arguing. I'm going to just walk away.

KIC isn't really a democracy...The mods will tell you that. What they say goes and thats the way it should be.

I agree windshawne, there are so many more things to worry about and fix before new rides are brought in. But most do not see that. They are the ones who do a trip report and complain cause they had to drive and walk through pot holes to the entrance of the park or because there is not appropriate theming on the rides and the list goes on.

Instead of worrying about whether that pos of a coaster ever reopens, I would rather see the parking lot completely repaved-now that would be a sensible investment. Some of the holes are big enough to swallow my forester.

I've been saying that for a long time! :lol: This last off season if anyone noticed they did repave the front entrance with blacktop near the old station for the trams. Oh how I miss the trams :(

And if you think that the park's lack of parking lot trams, sky ride, and in-park transportation are not deal-breakers for many, you are sadly mistaken. There was a time when my family could bring our grandmothers to the park on our big family outings. They were content to have a ride up to International Street and spend the day sitting by the fountains talking, with occasional trips to the International Street stores. That is no longer the case, and whether CFHQ care or not, we no longer take big "immediately family" trips to Kings Island because of it...

Think of The Magic Kingdom - grandparents and non-riders can happily ride the train though the day, visit exhibits, stroll through gardens, and ride a half-dozen gentle dark rides. Imagine yourself as a non-rider - what do you do at Kings Island? The train to Boomerang Bay, devoid of scenery? stroll through the Tower "Gardens"? ride Boo Blasters (which is fun, but certainly not grandma-appropriate to a degree)? ride the sky ride (oh, wait)?

And again I must stress, the loss of parking lot transportation is far more serious than most of us here care to think about. For many, the first question when planning a family trip is, "Is there a way for grandma or grandpa to get around easily, and plenty to do once they're inside?" In the case of Kings Island, there simply is not.

And if you think that the park's lack of parking lot trams, sky ride, and in-park transportation are not deal-breakers for many, you are sadly mistaken. There was a time when my family could bring our grandmothers to the park on our big family outings. They were content to have a ride up to International Street and spend the day sitting by the fountains talking, with occasional trips to the International Street stores. That is no longer the case, and whether CFHQ care or not, we no longer take big "immediately family" trips to Kings Island because of it...

Think of The Magic Kingdom - grandparents and non-riders can happily ride the train though the day, visit exhibits, stroll through gardens, and ride a half-dozen gentle dark rides. Imagine yourself as a non-rider - what do you do at Kings Island? The train to Boomerang Bay, devoid of scenery? stroll through the Tower "Gardens"? ride Boo Blasters (which is fun, but certainly not grandma-appropriate to a degree)? ride the sky ride (oh, wait)?

And again I must stress, the loss of parking lot transportation is far more serious than most of us here care to think about. For many, the first question when planning a family trip is, "Is there a way for grandma or grandpa to get around easily, and plenty to do once they're inside?" In the case of Kings Island, there simply is not.

Have to agree with ya there. Even for us relatively young uns, it is exhausting to be on the feet for 8 hours working, and then having to walk to boomerang bay from the front gate. It's to the point I am having trouble, personally.

Imagine yourself as a non-rider - what do you do at Kings Island? The train to Boomerang Bay, devoid of scenery? stroll through the Tower "Gardens"? ride Boo Blasters (which is fun, but certainly not grandma-appropriate to a degree)? ride the sky ride (oh, wait)?

See some shows, go up the Eiffel Tower, ride the Carousel (if need be, in one of the non moving seats), Maybe even the Action F/X theater's non-motion seats...

Not completely disagreeing, but there is more there than you give credit for. Unfortunately, one of the best "for the whole family" rides was removed for the eyesore, Backlot Stunt Coaster.

^ Agreed. Taking out the cars was one of the things that old and new could ride together. Coasters are great but if you have a small child or an older adult you can not take them on Diamondback or Beast. The shows are getting better. For a while (a few seasons ago) it felt like it was nothing but the "b" cast. Now its starting to get a bit better. But again I think the point is that there is not enough at the park for families to do, as compared to years back when there was....

After being at the park yesterday and trying to see if there is anything going on I came to the conclusion that there is nothing going on over there except for a little dirt piles being made. I could be wrong, but that was my feeling after investigating.

Taking out the Antique cars were an epic fail! I like BLSC, but honestly Kings Island is not landlocked what-so-ever, so there was NO reason to take out such a popular attraction to put it in. I'm just sayin, my mom even liked the cars. She wouldn't ride anything, but she loved the cars! They could of put BLSC somewhere else. But hey that was Paramount's thing. Kudos to Cedar Fair for not removing any rides to put Diamondback in!

Guest rcfreak339

^Yes! Thank you for apologizing, it really does show the kind of person you are. It wasn't just you and many others need to step up and apologize.

Do you think sob is tall enough to topple into fd if proper lumberjacks were brought in?

It does look kinda rickety and one good wind and whamo its gone...lol

That is a good question. Wonder how many supports would have to be taken out for it to fall. I do know though it is more stable than it looks..

Guest rcfreak339

Yeah SOB is a ton more stable then it looks. Even if you take out sections of it's supports the track will most likely stay, maybe not safely but it probably would.

Taking out the Antique cars were an epic fail! I like BLSC, but honestly Kings Island is not landlocked what-so-ever, so there was NO reason to take out such a popular attraction to put it in. I'm just sayin, my mom even liked the cars. She wouldn't ride anything, but she loved the cars! They could of put BLSC somewhere else. But hey that was Paramount's thing. Kudos to Cedar Fair for not removing any rides to put Diamondback in!

You said what I would say. My mom only rode the antique cars when we went as a family so many years ago. So many I don't remember a thing, really. I also think BLSC could have been placed somewhere towards the back-ish of the park.

Yeah SOB is a ton more stable then it looks. Even if you take out sections of it's supports the track will most likely stay, maybe not safely but it probably would.

Have you ever looked at it close from AZ? I did the other day I was like wow looks like it was made from tooth picks..lol Kinda like a card house , breathe the wrong way and it topples.