OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

I've come to the conclusion that they are building a Super Wal-Mart.

Hey Yeah, Ya Know there really isnt one close to KI. It'd be a nice alternative to spending a stupid amount of money in the gift shops. :) And think about the marketing. "Kings Island, The Only AMusement park so massive, We put a Wal Mart in it. Kings Island, Always, the Fun and Only" biggrin.gif

My grandparents have been to KI by themselves twice this year. They tell me how interesting everything is. They just love to watch the roller coasters. Not only that, but on most days, a non rider could do all of these things:

1. Shop

2.eat

3.Boo blasters

4.Carousel

5.wave pool

6.Woodstock Wirley Birds

7.Snoopy Rocks:on ice

8.Charlie Brown's Hoedown

9.Way Too Much T.V

10. Down Home Country

11.Sign Sealed Delivered

12.Don't Stop The Music

13.Arcade

14.Train

15.Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular

16.Fireworks

17.Eiffel Tower

18. Lazy River

That's all I can think of, I bet there is more.

If my grandparents were still alive... take out arcade, Boo Blasters, Woodstock Wirley Birdies and lazy river.. would have been fine with them. They would have loved the attempt with the shows most of all..to which they never got to see, my grandma tho heard the stories from me. Grandpa was your average stubborn WW2 vet, no nonsense kind of man with bit of an iron fist(some of which rubbed off on me as seen by Haunt employees I worked with), and very vocal man when it came to customer service good and bad at KI, CP and most certainly towards Disney. lol..Disney.

Its funny how we go from SOB to something about a totally different subject you guys crack me up :D :D :D :D

I prefer being at forums that do stuff like this.

There is a Super Wal Mart at the exit before (northbound) Kings Island's. That is only a couple of miles away.

Yep. In Lebanon. There was actually suppose to be one in South Lebanon, they cleared everything, and expanded the road for it. But then the economy hit and it was put on hold.

Sigh.

Son of Beast Status - Closed Until Further Notice - (8/2/10) The new land clearing behind Son of Beast is real it seems, and can be seen from the tower’s observation deck if you look through the gap where the loop used to be to the land beyond. Even more interesting are the reports from those riding Flight Deck who claim to have seen workers pounding/sawing away at stuff in the SOB station, along with the sound of power tools. I’ve got to wonder, are they working on something in the station for the ride… or planning to turn the station into a Halloween Haunt?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

I thought we were all joking about sending Lance B.S. news?

Sigh.

Son of Beast Status - Closed Until Further Notice - (8/2/10) The new land clearing behind Son of Beast is real it seems, and can be seen from the tower's observation deck if you look through the gap where the loop used to be to the land beyond. Even more interesting are the reports from those riding Flight Deck who claim to have seen workers pounding/sawing away at stuff in the SOB station, along with the sound of power tools. I've got to wonder, are they working on something in the station for the ride… or planning to turn the station into a Halloween Haunt?

http://www.screamsca...ings_island.htm

I thought we were all joking about sending Lance B.S. news?

I don't know what ScreamScape's sources are, but as I posted in the other thread yesterday here was my findings last Friday. Not saying this has not changed or I am wrong, but here is what I observed.

I was there last Friday. I looked very hard while ridding FD, I rode 1-1 specifically to look at SOB, looked at the exit queue for FD, and up in the ET. I saw no work being done at all on SOB, I could not see much of SOB at all on FD or in FD's station/ exit queue, the trees have really grown up over there and block most anything to be seen and was rather disappointing. I did not ride DT to get the best view of the ride, but it was my concluding that there is dirt in the questioned area that may or may not be related to any type of SOB construction. I saw no evidence (workers, saws, hammering, cranes, dozers, etc.) that any work was being done to SOB on Friday mid afternoon. In fact it seemed quite peaceful over there.

I was there on Thursday and didn't see a thing. The dirt looks minor if anything. There was nothing going on in the station, I looked from Flight Deck's ride, queue, and Drop Tower.

That's what makes me question Lance's sources. And why I made the joke about us pulling his leg. ;)

I was there a couple days ago, and there was plywood in the station leaning up against a railing, and I heard from other people that a couple days before that, they could hear people working only in the station of Son of Beast...

It was one small piece of plywood, so I wouldn't get your hope up. I am also just pointing out that it was there. I am in no way saying that people actually heard work going on over there, that is just what someone told me.

If I built a theme park, I would absolutely stand outside each evening, and morning, interacting with guests. And I would be absolutely adamant that any and all future managers do the same after my time... You wonder if the same can be said of Kings Island's origins, and that that practice has been lost in time?

That looks good on paper, but it hardly ever turns out that way.

The opening & closing of a business are two of the most stressful times a business has. To dedicate your time to interact with guests is fantastic, but you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Many, MANY times your attention as a manager/ owner is needed to be be directed elsewhere.

And yes, the trams were very convenient. They also were a huge liability since guests had to climb up to get in. Unfortunately, like many things, cost vs. benefit came into play. Cost won again.

A N.I.K.E base,, there used to be one outside of Wilmington next to Cowan lake State Park.

When I joined the Army in 74, I was assigned to a NIKE base in Germany. Did you also know it could handle a nuclear warhead also? Maybe besides the Red air force it was designed to shoot down, it could be aimed at SOB? (Just to keep the topic going) But it gave way to the HAWK.