OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

I would guess that the walls are to enclose the area for a staging or work center for any possible construction being done to SOB, or just to help keep the weather elements out during winter work to the coaster. Just a speculation. Another thought could be is if it is for a haunt then it's good to say SOB is coming down. Why would they do all this work erecting walls and modifying the station for a coaster this is going to reopen?

I would guess that the walls are to enclose the area for a staging or work center for any possible construction being done to SOB, or just to help keep the weather elements out during winter work to the coaster. Just a speculation. Another thought could be is if it is for a haunt then it's good to say SOB is coming down. Why would they do all this work erecting walls and modifying the station for a coaster this is going to reopen?

:)

HTCO, trying to be like Terpy...

lol, i don't pick up on hints like that usually, but searching through some of his quotes, i came across this one:

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."

one that a lot of us on here, including myself, sometimes have difficulty understanding.

I know you didn't mean this one, but:

Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.

Walt Disney

I could write a book based on that quote....

Seems like a very bittersweet way to say the coaster is not returning next season by installing a Haunt inside its station. Though it may not be permanent and the maze could move to another location the following year (see Cut-Throat Cove and CarnEVIL).

Or it could be disassembled after the event, like most of the haunted houses... I don't know if or what this could mean for the ride's future. But I do know what it says about the rides present, and its operation through the rest of the 2010 season - it won't be operating. Not today, and not in October. Is that really news to anyone?

The station is not in use through the rest of the 2010 season. Why not utilize it?

It could easily be taken down at the end of Haunt. I mean, look what they did with Stunt Crew Grill last year.They built an entire maze through the outdoor eating section! Many people thought that they would leave those walls up, and SCG wouldn't reopen this season. Well, the walls got taken down and SCG reopened...

If you want the public to stop being scared of SOB (which many seem to be after the incidents) it's not the brightest idea to turn the station into Haunt. It would be cool though if they themed it after an abandoned park...

maybe they are doing some serious p.r. they are prob doing some kind of haunt based on The Beast getting loose and you trying to run away from it. then at the end of the maze they say....see the re-caging of The Beast in 2011.

would be nice. :)

Well, we went and checked out the SoB station today (August 8, 2010).

100_1421.jpg

The side of the station nearest the brake run is completely boarded up.

100_1423.jpg

There are two openings on the side of the station facing FD, however, one of them is blocked by a fence.

100_1424.jpg

100_1425.jpg

There is a third opening near the operators booth, but it is also blocked by a fence. The opening in the plywood wall at the top of the queue ramps appears to be the only way in or out of the station. It also appeared that there is at least a partial plywood wall in the middle of the station. I did not see any switchback rails in the station.