OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

Was there an opining in the wall for were the train exits the stations like the one were the train enters the station?

The spot where the train entered the station is blocked by plywood and a fence. Couldn't see the side of the station where the trains left.

Thanks. I had a crazy theory that they were hiding a new train for testing in there, but I really doubt it

The rails (switchbacks) in the station are gone except for the gates (I believe). Stalkerchick, Coasterkid and a few others observed that the day of coasting for kids from Drop Tower. Still confirms nothing... but reguardless something is going on, but we just have to wait. I hope for something good...

Screamscape almost surely heard it from someone here. Screamscape is, in essence, the Wikipedia of the amusement park world. He frequents amusement park fansites like this one and reposts what he finds interesting. So, it's all of our speculation being considered, but he is the only one entering information onto the site. It's like Wikipedia in that it is fun to read, often speculative, a first-stop for many seeking information, but not always factual.

I would not call it winning although I am sure it will be settled before the court date like most of them do. I think people are greedy in these things even if the park was responsible. These things make insurance premiums and admission, food everything go up! If it was found the park was at fault I could see them paying medical bills and such but as I said most people are looking for a payday, period!

I agree!

This just stops the ride from opening even more...

I'm sickened by how sue-happy society has gotten as well, but if this injury was caused by SOB, and required surgery, then I think they deserve more than just medical bill compensation. Surgery is a significant life interruption. Don't be so quick to call people money hungry... you might have a different outlook if you were the one on the operating table. Just sayin'...

^ couldnt agree more. If the kid needed surgery in 06 (hes 21 now) that would have put him at 17 at the time. Kid could have been an athlete and a shoulder injury is devastating. Not to mention the growth plates dont stop growing till a male hits 24(ish). So if he was injured and needed surgery to fix it would be worth the lawsuit. Plus lawyers always sue for more hoping to settle anyways.

We all need to remember the ride broke and failed to do what it was intended to do and that was keep riders safe. KI was responsible because it is there ride....