OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

wow, it's been a while since someone has posted in this, almost two months!!

anyway, i found this on facebook, take it for what it's worth.

Son of Beast Update from the KI park staff - Park Staff and Managers that worked on SOB have not been told anything different than we have besides a few things about the ride that hasn't been released to the public and I couldn't get told the information! But I got some info about the ride during its SBNO (standing but no operating) season(s) . SOB trains are being stored underneath the operating station where they have been kept for almost 2 seasons now after the accident in June of 2009. Son of Beast is slowly getting repaired , re-structured and smoothed out during this off season to reduce the sharp turns and bumpiness of the ride. If that fails to work there is a "Plan B" supposedly to fix the ride, If that fails its future is unknown for the ride. Kings Island has lately been staying on the positive side with the ride that it has no irregularities and has been safe since the 06 accident (with the occasion of people with previous medical conditions getting on the ride.) SOB signs and the big box that have been gone now have been moved to storage on the Son of Beast lot in a small building or in storage near Planet Snoopy that is unknown at this point. If I get ahold of any more info I will post it asap!

Plan B?

I would have figured they would have already been through all Plans A through Z and have started on the double letter plans like "Plan BB".

But Plan: Bulldoze, Big crane, Blast it to kingdom come, Burn it down, Bring the rain, all have intresting rings to them. Yet, if the decision is to repair it yet again, it could be plan Bankruptcy.

wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth (likely, very little...) a poster on Kings Island Extreme is reporting that Son of Beast was testing on Friday, the 16th. Assuming it won't open this year, why would they bother testing it until the park resumes weekend-only operation? And on top of that, why on a busy Friday? Not to mention that, certainly someone here was at the park on Friday and would've noticed, or it would be floating around Screamscape and Theme Park Review forums?

Take it for a grain of salt.

^ Right, absolutely. If it got to the point that the only realistic option to keep the ride Son of Beast was to demolish the entire current roller coaster and rebuild it, even with slight modifications, all of us would at that point say, "How about instead you build an Intamin pre-fab, a GCI terrain coaster, retheme the Crypt, and put paver bricks in the entire park, instead?" Realistically, all of that could happen for the cost of demolishing and rebuilding a wooden coaster of that size... That's not even taking into account what it's cost already.

Scroll about 2/3 the way down the page and see what you see here:

http://actualidad.rt...ssue_11268.html

Interesting? No?

Going back to this... Why is it interesting? Haha... I mean, I'm just confused. It just shows the ride and says a bit about it, listing it as one of the "Scariest Rides in the World." Is it interesting because it lists Son of Beast even though it's closed? Or am I missing something?

I was at KI today. Around 11:30am my buddy and me decided to ride FD and notice work being done at the SOB station. There was men there with levels, they were walking the track and I could hear tools being used around the station for SOB. No clue as to what was going on.