OFFICIAL! Son of Beast Will NOT Operate in 2010

BoddaH1994

hmm... not shooting down the idea, but could someone just be confusing the area back by the greenhouses (where land was filled in for Diamondback support/track holding area) for new cleared land?

Honestly, thats exactly what I thought when I first read that. Who knows. I need to get up there soon and check it out.

I think all of this speculation is useless. For better or worse, the company that owns Son of Beast is not at its financial best right now. It's all they can do to add rides to their parks. The idea that they would do anything with the Son of Beast land before they had to is silly. It would be an awful idea for them to try to re-open Son of Beast for 2011 after any sort of re-construction. They don't have the cash to do so right now, after we just got a new ride in 2009. That being said, it makes even less sense for them to demolish the ride. Demolition will come with a hefty pricetag, and even if it has been officially decided that Son of Beast will never operate again, there's simply no good reason to demolish it at this point in time with finances the way they are.

In other words, in my opinion, if they've got a contract ready for someone to help re-configure the ride, it likely won't be a project aimed for a 2011 opening. If they have the ride's demolition down as the solution, there's probably no rush. Either way, I can't see any action near Son of Beast happening at this particular time.

I think all of this speculation is useless. For better or worse, the company that owns Son of Beast is not at its financial best right now. It's all they can do to add rides to their parks. The idea that they would do anything with the Son of Beast land before they had to is silly. It would be an awful idea for them to try to re-open Son of Beast for 2011 after any sort of re-construction. They don't have the cash to do so right now, after we just got a new ride in 2009. That being said, it makes even less sense for them to demolish the ride. Demolition will come with a hefty pricetag, and even if it has been officially decided that Son of Beast will never operate again, there's simply no good reason to demolish it at this point in time with finances the way they are.

In other words, in my opinion, if they've got a contract ready for someone to help re-configure the ride, it likely won't be a project aimed for a 2011 opening. If they have the ride's demolition down as the solution, there's probably no rush. Either way, I can't see any action near Son of Beast happening at this particular time.

Very well put. I agree. Son of Beast in my opinion will rot before the demolish it. Spending all that money to get rid of an attraction is pointless. Especially for a ride of that magnitude.

hmm... not shooting down the idea, but could someone just be confusing the area back by the greenhouses (where land was filled in for Diamondback support/track holding area) for new cleared land?

Honestly, that's exactly what I thought when I first read that. Who knows. I need to get up there soon and check it out.

Also, there is a lot of space around SoB that could be used for development, with some areas having enough space to fit multiple Firehawks. Of course, what defines "behind SoB?" It is the world's second longest woodie (behind yours truly), after all. There are many areas that could be called behind the ride, depending on one's point of view.

Anyway, the Ride Warrior Nation site has removed SoB from the deck as well as the other sites. Demolition is nigh, methinks.:wacko: This is regardless of what the Screamscape people are looking at.

My coaster dreams will be lost...I'll end up going to Home Depot, buying a new pitchfork, and using it to run the those who still have dreams out of town. Good riddance, dreamer! (Isn't it strange I use a Spongebob reference one year after the rights expired and things were converted to Snoopy?).

BTW, why link to I305? Is this some sort of rumor that we will get an I305 here? I hope not, considering the Cedar Point has Millennium Force and I really want something more original at KI...maybe when they decide to scrap Freestyle Music Park for good, we can get something from that.

[Off topic]

The Ride Warrior Nation site is still being updated? For who, the five people who look at it? Is The Crypt still an unspecified ride type with a 0 foot height, 0mph speed, 0 inversions, and photos of Kings Dominion's Crypt?

GYK, who thinks that the Ride Warrior marketing was one of the smarter chain-wide marketing schemes he's seen, and doesn't know why or how the Ride Warrior Nation website became such a drag and died so young

[/Off topic]

Demolition will come with a hefty pricetag, and even if it has been officially decided that Son of Beast will never operate again, there's simply no good reason to demolish it at this point in time with finances the way they are.

I don't think SoB is being taken down this year or next year but here are a few thoughts:

I would be shocked if there was not some sort of insurance premium on SoB SBNO.

The cost of that premium? I have no idea. It could be cheap. But if it's not, leaving SoB SBNO is throwing money out the window.

Taxes could also be a cost. OH may be different than PA, but there have been numerous factories that have removed unused structures in PA to keep their taxes down.

Also, I am going to assume wink.gif that maintenance expenses for SoB were figured into KI's 2010 operating costs. Since the ride is SBNO, that money is not being used and could very well be used for deconstruction costs.

^ Thanks for the pictures. I'll be at the park next week and will do some snooping around.

Seeing the shot of the coaster made me do some thinking......

1) That's a massive amount of wood to just throw away.

2) In this day and age isn't there anybody who could correct this machine's problems?

3) A good friend of mine got hurt on this coaster and I don't want anyone else to get injured.

As we say in Toledo's Polish Village, "That's a couple of too bads"

Okay, I think that that could throw our Texas Giant Treatment out. Because why would they need to clear land at all if it was going to add a steel structure? Maybe this could be something bigger?

Another thing that comes to mind is SonOfBeast.com. Why would it direct to the i305 site? Everything that has been going on as of late seems pretty peculiar if you ask me.