Camden Park: NEW RIDE! And New Waterless Urinals!

I've never understood the reason to Demon's removal... I guess the track needed refurbishment and they didn't want to pay for it?

Removal from where? Kings Island?

Or as Thunderbolt Express at Camden Park?

Kings Island...the owners wanted to refurbish that area and go with something completely different.

Camden Park...the ride suffered greatly under that park's former owners, who did not properly maintain it...and the ride literally rusted away...

• 1 month later...

So, what is the new ride?

http://www.camdenpark.com/new.html

A Zamperla Rocking Tug.

Other items:

* Not a single food price went up...not even a nickel.

* The men's room has acquired waterless urinals. The toilets are still the same forlorn ones as before, with the mostly busted nickel pay toilet entries. Sensor faucets have been installed in the lavatories though.

* The ticket booth in front of the Dodgems has finally been removed.

* Skydiver did not operate opening day, and word is it may not again.

The park looked better than it has for quite some time. A large crowd was present opening day...but Sunday was a near wash-out, by all accounts.

So, what is the new ride?

http://www.camdenpark.com/new.html

A Zamperla Rocking Tug.

Other items:

* Not a single food price went up...not even a nickel.

* The men's room has acquired waterless urinals. The toilets are still the same forlorn ones as before, with the mostly busted nickel pay toilet entries. Sensor faucets have been installed in the lavatories though.

* The ticket booth in front of the Dodgems has finally been removed.

* Skydiver did not operate opening day, and word is it may not again.

The park looked better than it has for quite some time. A large crowd was present opening day...but Sunday was a near wash-out, by all accounts.

This is my hometown. Camden Park preped me for the big boy parks. The Big Dipper was my very first coaster. In junior high school, we went to a spring trip. $5.00 admission tickets and the sky was the limit. I rode the Big Dipper 12 times in a row. Fun time were had. I take my son, who is now 9yrs old and "dad" is passing down the thrills. He is not up for the DIPPER yet, but I hope he comes around. I am not pushing him to do something he's not ready for. Maybe he'll come around soon. (I hope)

• Like 1

This is my hometown. Camden Park preped me for the big boy parks. The Big Dipper was my very first coaster. In junior high school, we went to a spring trip. $5.00 admission tickets and the sky was the limit. I rode the Big Dipper 12 times in a row. Fun time were had. I take my son, who is now 9yrs old and "dad" is passing down the thrills. He is not up for the DIPPER yet, but I hope he comes around. I am not pushing him to do something he's not ready for. Maybe one day.

Yeah, the last time I was at Camden Park a couple of years ago, the Sky Divier was the only ride in the park that day not in operation. Hopefully it will get removed quickly and not allowed to sit and rot like the Thunderbolt Express did.

And to throw in a bit of Coney trivia, Coney had a Skydiver ride at one point too. I believe it may have still been at the park its final season in 1971. The ride was NOT relocated to Kings Island though. Sad to see a classic flat ride be removed, although I`ve never ridden a Skydiver ride. How does it compare to a Rock O Plane ride?

• Like 1

myself living 20 min from camden in ironton i was wondering does the ski lift at camden still work because last time i was there i got stuck on it for 45 min having to use the bathroom the gear stripped and i havent seen it working or hearing of it working but if skydiver is removed that will be 3 attractions in the last 10 or so years in that area so just throwing this out there altough i highly doubt it will there be something new there or will that just be empty space im thinkin another shuttle loop lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We made our first visit to Camden on Saturday Night. Sorry folks, I was not impressed. The park was dirty and the employees didn't seem to care about anything including themselves.

The two highlights were the Whip and the Haunted House. The whip actually whipped you around the course and had some force. The haunted house is a great dark ride that IMO is a coaster. It has a lift chain and is gravity powered. The breaks on this ride are literally a guy standing in front of the ride car wearing out the soles of his sneakers.

• Like 1