Freestyle Music Park: Does It Have A Future?

Signs of life being seen lately at Freestyle Music Park....Mainly to do with the Time Machine roller coaster...

People taking pictures of the coaster.....? An American flag hanging at the top of the coaster?....

More Here.....

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23457177/lights-on-but-no-one-home-at-freestyle-music-park

Owners claim that it is routine maintenance......

But is it really....? Probably so.... Or maybe not?...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I was browsing Kentucky Kingdom's FaceBook page looking for updates or any new information and didn't find much new. I then decided to look at the comments people have posted supporting the re-opening of the park.........But one comment from yesterday was where someone had found that the "Time Machine" at Freestyle Music Park is now for sale.....

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1793

• Like 1

As I have said before and will say again. Location, Location, Location. HRP failed mainly because of Location and Price. KK failed once and I am doubting their future success. Ironic the though of relocating a ride or rides from a park that failed to a newish park that has failed and is more than likely to fail again.

There is a reason that new theme parks aren't appearing every year and no if you build it they will not always come.

• Like 5

FMP is too far from the beach to survive. When the Pavilion was torn down to build a new hotel, that was one of the dumbest decisions ever made. They did that right when the market tanked, and the land the Pavilion was on is still sitting empty. They need to sell off the rides and move on. Went to it both as HRP and FMP. Good rides, fun, but just wasn't built in the right place. I think I still have a Hard Rock Park T Shirt somewhere here.

KK didn't fail, its corporate owners did. Six Flags drove their entire business into the ground. You cannot dispute the facts. Someone who cared and continued to work on the park and it would likely never have closed.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mr. Hart basically use Six Flags as a "golden parachute" of his own to escape the financial black hole of Kentucky Kingdom only to turn around and talk a lot about how much better the park would be if he still owned it?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My family had a good time at Freestyle Music Park, but I can see why Hard Rock Park didn't work at a $50 price point. It was not worth that price, and the market was just not there. Myrtle Beach has always been a relatively cheap beach/golf vacation. It was well worth the cost of admission we paid though... 2 for $17.76 BEFORE 4!

• Like 1