Hotels Near KI

04PJ

Hey guys, first time poster in a bit of a pickle.

A couple of friends and plan to make a trip to Kings Island April 24th, stay overnight and go the 25th also. I reserved a room at a Hotel called Hampton Inn Cincinatti. I thought all was well.

Until, I realized I may not be of age to get the room. I'm the oldest and I'll be 20 at the time of the trip.

Do any of you fine folks know of a hotel that'll let a 20 year old get a room? I know there's only a couple here in Louisville, KY, but I can't seem to find a place near KI that'll let me rent a room.

Thanks guys,

PJ.

For what it's worth, I'm 18 and have never had a problem getting a hotel.. Not in Ohio, not in Florida, not in Virginia. I usually call ahead and ask if it will be a problem, and no one's ever said it would be, and I've never had an issue. In fact, when I came to Kings Island for my 18th birthday, I checked in to the Days Inn in Mason with no trouble, and I was 17 at the time... I'll be there the same weekend you're going for my 19th birthday, and I'm staying at the Baymont Inn next to The Beach...

I'm not expecting any problems... famous last words :P

If you decide you do want to stay, honestly try the Days Inn. It's like, $35 a night, and yes, it's crap, but it's great for teenagers and trust me, we have a lot of fun memories based just on the room. Nothing awful, of course, but lot's of funny things you'd expect to see in a cheaper hotel (the continental breakfast was about five bagels set out the night before; we asked for extra towels and were told they didn't have any, then we asked for blankets and the blankets they sent would've passed for towels, but were a little too starchy; the pool was overrun by a pair of very angry geese...)

We always stay at the Super 8 which is just down the road from Kings Island. The prices that we've come across range from 40-55 dollars a night. And it really is not a bad hotel! We have never had a problem with it, never found any bugs in the room, beds clean, shower clean, everything is great and it's super cheap for a clean hotel! [at least, we haven't had problems yet *knock on wood*] I'm not sure how old you have to be to book a hotel room, but I assume that 20 should be fine, but I don't know for sure. I've booked hotel rooms when I was only 18.

I know this is a fairly trusting site, but I probably wouldn't post my phone number on an open forum. I would send it in a PM.

Thanks for the head's up,but that is the phone number to the motel but i see you saw the address to.

I got a real good rate there but im sure once the season gets into full swing, the rates will go up bit.

If you decide you do want to stay, honestly try the Days Inn. It's like, $35 a night, and yes, it's crap, but it's great for teenagers and trust me, we have a lot of fun memories based just on the room. Nothing awful, of course, but lot's of funny things you'd expect to see in a cheaper hotel (the continental breakfast was about five bagels set out the night before; we asked for extra towels and were told they didn't have any, then we asked for blankets and the blankets they sent would've passed for towels, but were a little too starchy; the pool was overrun by a pair of very angry geese...)

I was able to book a room with double beds at Days Inn for $32 plus tax last August. I believe the hotel is closed--either temporarily or permanently--because I cannot locate rooms on any websites. I do agree you get what you pay for here, but I too have such great memories. Both ice machines were broken (review websites showed they were many weeks before and after my trip). When my sister went for answers, the manager waved a dollar in her face as he suggested she go to the gas station. After this incident, we made it a point to set our alarms to get breakfast as soon as it opened. I remember showing up and items were near extinct and pastries were already hard. We just laughed because all we cared about was KI.

I would like the best deal on a room with a Queen Bed, a mini-fridge and a microwave, any suggestions? Do any of the motel 8's or $50 hotels offer that???

I did a little research for you. There are two hotels close to KI which offer similar amenities at a fairly reasonable rate:

Comfort Suites on Kings Center Drive (right up the road from KI just past the Harley store) - everything except the microwave for around $60 a night for one person

Hyatt Cincinnati-Northeast on Natorp Boulevard (half a mile north of I-71 off of Mason-Montgomery Road [1 exit south of KI]) - king bed and everything except the microwave for around $80 a night for one person

Comfort Suites would probably be your best bet - it's really close to KI and it's cheaper than the Hyatt.

Thanks man! I plan on coming down with my wife, I'm going to jot down a bunch of numbers for all of these hotels and just make reservations that Friday (23rd) while we drive down.

You don't think there's any chance that, on that Friday, everyone of the 5 or 6 aforementioned hotels/motels are booked full, do you?

I've been staying at the red roof for years. Its cheap.. they don't care about age at least they didn't three years ago when I was 20 lol. They are pretty good people there. There have been a few times that they have given me a free night there when i've been staying two =] (especially in october when they had seen me ALL season long lol).

Red Roof - Kings Island

no no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't search for Hotel

Search For Motel

Motels are built like the building in the movie Psycho.

When I travel I always stay in these and they are dirt cheap. Usually $20 - $35 dollars a night and includes full kitchen, full restroom, t.v. and one or two beds. Also, they don't mind how many people are staying, so they just charge for the room.

I'll do some searching for you and see what I can find.

ok, this is sad....

The cheapest and best place I knew of was torn down a few years ago to build a storage rental business. Well, I hope the storage rental business goes out of business. They destroyed a place for travelers to sleep.

I'll keep looking

Well, I wouldn`t say that the storage place destroyed the place for travelers to stay. More likely, the motel in question was beginning to loose business as newer options opened around it. As such, it couldn`t compete with those newer venues, and as a result, it appears the owners decided to sell the property to someone who had a different use in mind for the property.

If you book two weeks before your stay, a queen suite (sofa, fridge, microwave) at Microtel will cost $63.99 per night (for that particular weekend). However, there is no pool or exercise room and the breakfast is said to be skimpy.

How far is Microtel from Kings Island? I know there's mapquest, but the REAL drive, with traffic.

*EDIT* Nevermind, my gameplan all along has been to book the day of, because if it's going to rain I don't want to come down. But thanks for looking. Now, Selective, are there any other of these "motels" you speak of? :) I really like the idea of a fridge and microwave. I could store my breakfast and lunch (cooking b-fast in the microwave) for the three days and easily pay for the hotel/motel in money saved.

Not to mention that the more advance that you book your room, generally the cheaper the rate you can secure. And I know that at least some Holiday Inn Expresses have a fridge and microwave in the room. At least the one I stayed in down in Charlotte while at Carowinds had that amenity.

Just some feedback for everyone. I called Microtel in Mason to book and wanted the standard Queen room, she told me it was going to be $65 a night for two nights with tax for a total of $130. I told her that online it said $39.99 a night. She then (and only then) told me "oh yeah, but that's only online".

So basically, by just going online, booking and getting a confirmation number (which I called her back and she confirmed I was good to go), I paid $89 with tax instead of $130. Quickest way to save almost 33% for anyone interested.

:)

I chalk this one up to the help I received at KIC.com man, otherwise I would have just booked unknowingly.

Just some feedback for everyone. I called Microtel in Mason to book and wanted the standard Queen room, she told me it was going to be $65 a night for two nights with tax for a total of $130. I told her that online it said $39.99 a night. She then (and only then) told me "oh yeah, but that's only online".

So basically, by just going online, booking and getting a confirmation number (which I called her back and she confirmed I was good to go), I paid $89 with tax instead of $130. Quickest way to save almost 33% for anyone interested.

:)

I chalk this one up to the help I received at KIC.com man, otherwise I would have just booked unknowingly.

I am going the same weekend as you, and I just double checked hotel prices to make sure my hotel and rate was one of the better ones. Anyway, that 39.99 one queen bed room at Microtel went up to 49.99 after the 20% off promo expired. Today that room is going for 79.99/night. I was watching a 2 queen bed room for 54ish with 20% off promo (tax included?) and it now runs 99.99/night. Yes, I am still referring to the same website, and this is why I book in advance!