I305 Commercial

Is it just me, or does the type of camera that was used make it seem like the ride is EXTREMELY shaky? If you look at the povs on CedarPointVideos' channel on Youtube, you can tell that it's the same type of camera. Dragster looks less shaky than I305 with the type of camera they used.

I'm sure that the shakiness comes from the raw speed. With Top Thrill Dragster, the camera displays that same kind of shakiness but to a lesser extent because it's straight forward into the wind. Intimidator has the camera being knocked around from side to side, plus the speed... If you were a camera, you'd be shaky too (no offense...)! Hahah.

Why didn't they use Maverick in the commercial? They look similar enough for a video...

Maybe because they're not advertising Maverick.

Then why did CF use Behemoth to advertise Diamondback?

Because they're really somewhat alike. Plus, they only showed rider footage on the train. I suppose Maverick train footage would work, but I think seeing riders on Maverick would differ a lot considering it is built next to a lake, which you could probably see in the background.

Is it just me, or does the type of camera that was used make it seem like the ride is EXTREMELY shaky? If you look at the povs on CedarPointVideos' channel on Youtube, you can tell that it's the same type of camera. Dragster looks less shaky than I305 with the type of camera they used.

I think it is more how they mounted the camera than the actual camera. If they used a very stable mounting system and it was that shaky I am a little concerned about the ride experience. If it was mounted on someone's arm then that was not bad.

^^

Yeah, the actual ride looks great, but right now I'd say its like an Apple Pie sitting in a mud patch.

The actual pie looks so good, but the mud around it has such a negative appeal, and you must sit down for a serious contemplation: Do you dare to take a bite?

Brandon, looking into certain things a bit too much... wink.gif

I am really glad that the transitions on the ride don't look nearly as sharp as the animation originally suggested. All in all it looks like a fun ride.

I am, however, still worried that this still might be a front few rows ride only ala Maverick. It also looks like that trim on the second big airtime hill is pretty harsh. I wonder if that is there to not necessarily take all of the air out of that hill but to slow down the ride going into that wicked looking transition at the end of the ride. I'm curious to see how the OTSRs affect the ride, if at all.

In the 3rd video she is talking to Ken. I meet him last year and he gave us a great tour of BGW. What an ambassador for the parks and for coaster enthusiasts.

It looks like they have a ton of landscaping that needs to be done, but the ride is running with passengers. Cant wait for tomorrow.

Still doesn't look like it could top Millie, but definitely a top 10 or even top 5 coaster. Transitions look nice and smooth, fast, maybe even some airtime here and there. Looks pretty fun!

Well according to rob from tpr it "eats millennium force and craps it all over Cedar Point". Ill post my official comments tommorow after I ride it.

No. I love airtime. This has probably 2 seconds of airtime. I never said it didn't look fun; I'd surely ride this and love it. But compared to other bigger roller coasters like that, such as Millie, Diamondback, etc., it doesn't look that amazing.