Boo Blasters On Boo Hill

KIMonster14

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the newsletter:spacer.gif BOO BLASTERS ON BOO HILL NEW FOR 2010

Visitors to Kings Island will have an opportunity to experience an all-new interactive family ride in 2010, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. The animated adventure begins when guests enter the attraction through the front gates of a haunted castle. Be careful! Those who dare enter must battle Boocifer, the meanest Ghost of all. But don't be scared. You have a secret weapon called a Boo Blaster to zap Boocifer and all the Ghosts away as you travel through ghastly graveyards, creepy corridors, and down into dingy dungeons. If you collect enough points, you'll rid this castle of Boocifer and his Ghosts. Guests can choose to enhance their ride experience on Boo Blasters on Boo Hill with 3-D glasses. "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill features special effects and a variety of ghostly gags which makes each ride a different experience," said Greg Scheid, vice president and general manager of Kings Island. "This is a ride kids, parents, and grandparents can do together and will enjoy riding over and over again." As previously announced, also new this year is Planet Snoopy, as the park's nine-time, award-winning "Best Kids' Area in the World" receives a fresh new look with a timeless classic, and four new live stage shows: Way Too Much TV, Signed, Sealed, Delivered!, Charlie Brown's Hoedown and Snoopy Rocks on Ice! Kings Island opens for weekends beginning Saturday, April 17 for the 2010 season (the park is closed Sunday, April 18, but re-opens Friday, April 23). Daily operation begins Friday, May 21.

Photos:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=1047

Not a fan of the name, but it's certainly better than other names they've come up with in recent years. I'm curious as to what, if any, remodeling they'll do to the facade of the building, seeing as it's already in the theme of a haunted castle.

3D, One can only hope that it won't be as awful as Garfield's Nightmare at Kennywood, I don't like the name, I may like the ride better than it was before though, I always thought it was too much about Scooby Doo, And not enough about being a haunted house.

Got the text from KIC here at work and immediatly got on here to see what everyone was saying. Well at first I didn't know what to think, until I saw the photos. This ride looks like it has potential to be pretty spooky, I am looking forward to riding I opening day. I still think it should have been Phantom Blasters in the Phantom Theater.

Posted from my iPhone!!

3D, One can only hope that it won't be as awful as Garfield's Nightmare at Kennywood, I don't like the name, I may like the ride better than it was before though, I always thought it was too much about Scooby Doo, And not enough about being a haunted house.

They could convert that building into a warehouse and it would still be better than Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

Having ridden Boo Blasters on Boo Hill at Carowinds this past weekend, I`m hoping that Kings Island`s version gets a special effect that was added to the Carowinds version. I won`t reveal what it was as to leave it as a surprise, but it was a really cool effect. An effect that I was not expecting to see, and it took me off guard.

This ride could make a great addition to Haunt as an attraction. When Planet Snoopy is closed for the night, screamsters could invade Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. While I am preoccupied shooting my gun, a screamster could leap out and unexpectedly scare me. Plus it would be cool to ride through a haunt instead of walk. There is no need for adding scenery, and it would not be difficult to warn guests this is a scare zone. When it is morning, the ride can reopen as normal. Just visioning.

Having ridden Boo Blasters on Boo Hill at Carowinds this past weekend, I`m hoping that Kings Island`s version gets a special effect that was added to the Carowinds version. I won`t reveal what it was as to leave it as a surprise, but it was a really cool effect. An effect that I was not expecting to see, and it took me off guard.

*giggles* there could be 2 things, but i'm pretty sure i know effect you're talking about.. it totally took me a back lol

Got the text from KIC here at work and immediatly got on here to see what everyone was saying. Well at first I didn't know what to think, until I saw the photos. This ride looks like it has potential to be pretty spooky, I am looking forward to riding I opening day. I still think it should have been Phantom Blasters in the Phantom Theater.

Posted from my iPhone!!

I agree.

Even PhantomBlasters and the haunted castle - something that is a nod to the history of the park.

This ride could make a great addition to Haunt as an attraction. When Planet Snoopy is closed for the night, screamsters could invade Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. While I am preoccupied shooting my gun, a screamster could leap out and unexpectedly scare me. Plus it would be cool to ride through a haunt instead of walk. There is no need for adding scenery, and it would not be difficult to warn guests this is a scare zone. When it is morning, the ride can reopen as normal. Just visioning.

This did happen for Paramount's FearFest - Phantom Theater era, of course - "scarier" heads were placed on the animatronics (strange that there was ever a time when that building house really-for-real animatronics) and a few live actors were scattered throughout. I only rode Phantom Theater once, kicking, screaming, and crying the whole time - I can't imagine it (or any ride) with live actors within. I wouldn't do it, period.

img_enews_boohill_more.jpg

To me, it looks like the "on Boo Hill" was an afterthought. Most anyone with an education in graphic design would probably scold whoever made this - there are two completely separate entities, they're not connected, or related at all. Different colors, different shapes, different fonts, and not even remotely touching or overlapping. Perhaps "Boo Blasters" was the original name and for one reason or another, they needed to staple on "on Boo Hill." Also, those ghosts are mean looking... Haha!

Guest IceCream329

I would much rather like to have Boo Blasters......I don't like the on boo hill.....sounds a little corny and without that it would be great!!