Shaggy VS. the New Guy!

Coney Islander

I'm hoping he's not the only "human" character in the whole ride. I would imagine there's a whole family of tourists in there that you have to rescue from the evil clutches of Boocifer...who I'm going to call Boo Boo.

On a side note, I wasted a good two hours of today just giggling over the name Boo Blasters on Boo Hill and, in effect, Boo Boo.

....hang on.

We should call That New Guy YOGI! ;)

Like Zoinks! Jinkeez... I thought I was being set up for a brawl LOL

Not sure how I feel about KI dropping Scooby and Shaggy from the park. Time marches on I guess... but it just doesn't seem right for KI to not have the characters present in some form.

Believe it or not, I have never been a huge adult fan of Scooby Doo. It was my favorite cartoon as a kid, but I don't regularly follow it. I do not care for the newer Scooby Doo cartoons at all. I loved the originals, and they could still hold my attention. However I completely lost interest once they introduced Scrappy Doo in the late 1970s-early 1980s. Scooby Doo completely jumped the shark and suffered from cousin oliver syndrome with that one.

As far as this new ride theme... it's fine. Kids will still love it :-)

Shaggy

Honestly, when I saw this thread, I thought immediately that it was a debate between Shaggy and a new poster (the Shaggy on the forums, not Shaggy on the turntable...)

As for a name, I say we go with Richard Shaggy McPhearson. Why Richard Shaggy McPhearson? Why not?

Honestly, when I saw this thread, I thought immediately that it was a debate between Shaggy and a new poster (the Shaggy on the forums, not Shaggy on the turntable...)

As for a name, I say we go with Richard Shaggy McPhearson. Why Richard Shaggy McPhearson? Why not?

Done deal. Everyone should now refer to this character as Richard Shaggy McPhearson.

I had to vote for Shaggy. That Shaggy and werewolf were probably the best props in the whole ride. If only all the characters in that ride had been that quality instead of wooden cutouts... I do like the look of the new guy, but Shaggy edged him out because... well, you know, it's Shaggy!

Believe it or not, I have never been a huge adult fan of Scooby Doo. It was my favorite cartoon as a kid, but I don't regularly follow it. I do not care for the newer Scooby Doo cartoons at all. I loved the originals, and they could still hold my attention. However I completely lost interest once they introduced Scrappy Doo in the late 1970s-early 1980s. Scooby Doo completely jumped the shark and suffered from cousin oliver syndrome with that one.

I agree with you about Scrappy Doo. I've always said he and his constant "Puppy Power!" ruined a good thing, and that's why I loved that he turned out to be the villain in the first live action film. I still watched it when he was on the show, but didn't like it quite as much as the originals. But even Scrappy was better than A Pup Named Scooby Doo, which my daughter has recently discovered.

Done deal. Everyone should now refer to this character as Richard Shaggy McPhearson.

I say we call him Norville. A couple of people have commented that he looks like an older version of Shaggy (which I kind of agree with). And as Shaggy got older, wouldn't he drop the nickname and go by his real name, which is Norville Rogers? laugh.gif

I say we call him Norville. A couple of people have commented that he looks like an older version of Shaggy (which I kind of agree with). And as Shaggy got older, wouldn't he drop the nickname and go by his real name, which is Norville Rogers? laugh.gif

Hah. I really want to make a separate poll for naming him, but I don't think it would last long.