Season Pass Processing

CrashOverRided

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you have a season pass? It markets itself that you can get into the park as many times as you desire during the regular season... What would the point of the 'Hand Stamp' policy, besides provoking the customer...?

Cedar Fair (and many other parks) has this policy in place to prevent the same season pass or ticket being used by more than one person. Yes, season passes have photos, but that doesn't mean that the ticket taker is looking.

But you have a season pass? It markets itself that you can get into the park as many times as you desire during the regular season... What would the point of the 'Hand Stamp' policy, besides provoking the customer...?

Cedar Fair (and many other parks) has this policy in place to prevent the same season pass or ticket being used by more than one person. Yes, season passes have photos, but that doesn't mean that the ticket taker is looking.

I would think it would have to do with attendance figures also. With a season pass, that same person's pass would be scanned in multiple times during the day resulting in inflated attendance numbers. With each specific bar code being scanned it might not count it as another person, but you never know.

As I believe was pointed out earlier in this thread, in the switch to the new website, the page listing season pass processing hours seems to have have pulled a Son of Beast-Park map and vanished.

Anyone here happen to know what the pass processing hours are for tomorrow? It's quite a drive, and I'd hate to arrive before/after processing hours.

Here you go.

Quoted from: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/visit/today/index.cfm

SEASON PASS PROCESSING

This season, beat the rush! Don't wait until opening weekend to process your 2010 Season Pass. For your convenience, the Season Pass Processing Centre will open at the front gate through April 16 and we strongly encourage all guests to process their passes early, in order to beat the rush when the park is open! This is a great opportunity to purchase or pick up your Season Pass and get your photo taken before the park opens.

Monday - Friday: 4pm - 8pm

Saturdays & Sundays: 11am - 7pm

Here you go.

Quoted from: http://www.visitking...today/index.cfm

SEASON PASS PROCESSING

This season, beat the rush! Don't wait until opening weekend to process your 2010 Season Pass. For your convenience, the Season Pass Processing Centre will open at the front gate through April 16 and we strongly encourage all guests to process their passes early, in order to beat the rush when the park is open! This is a great opportunity to purchase or pick up your Season Pass and get your photo taken before the park opens.

Monday - Friday: 4pm - 8pm

Saturdays & Sundays: 11am - 7pm

Thanks i edited the link hopefully it will stay the same

Quick Question.... A few Friends, My Brother and I are Getting the 4 Pack Platinum Pass :D My question is when we go to get them processed do we ALL HAVE to be there?? 3 of us were gonna get the processed on the 16th but One of us has to work so he was just gonna wait till the first time he goes to get his processed... Can we do this or do we all have to be there??

Yeah....processed Kings Island Platinum Passes guarantee entry to any Cedar Fair park on any public operating day.*

*Except Carowinds...if you were there the day before...sometimes. Isn't it grand the privileges and the special treatment you get from Cedar Fair when you pay for their most expensive pass? At least some Kings Island Platinum Passes also require you to visit guest relations at Kings Dominion in order to gain entry...and do not scan in the parking lot..at least as recently as April 9, 2010...

And today's 5@5 confirmed that except in very rare cases, only processed passes will get you into the park:

...Tanner Burns - Quick Question.... A few Friends, My Brother and I are Getting the 4 Pack Platinum Pass... My question is when we go to get them processed do we ALL HAVE to be there?? 3 of us were gonna get the processed on the 16th but One of us has to work so he was just gonna wait till the first time he goes to get his processed... Can we do this or do we all have to be there??

You do not all need to be present to have your photo ID cards processed. Come when it works for you. But you should do it before you plan to enter the park. Only in extremely rare cases have we allowed guests to enter with an unprocessed pass. Early morning is the best time to process. It seems everyone always arrives at the same time!...

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20850&st=930&gopid=372332entry372332

Just got my sweet platinum pass on Saturday. I got the one with all the rides on the front. New background for my phone!

I got to the counter inside where you get your photo taken and the young lady working started to hand me one with the Delirium looking ride on the front of it. I politely asked if there was any way I could get one with all the rides on it and Kings Island in the lower corner, she gladly accepted.

I got to the counter inside where you get your photo taken and the young lady working started to hand me one with the Delirium looking ride on the front of it. I politely asked if there was any way I could get one with all the rides on it and Kings Island in the lower corner, she gladly accepted.

I wonder why they offer both designs? My only thought is it would save money for the parks not to issue new passes to people renewing, which harldy seems reasonable.unsure.gif

The real problem is that there's simply no consistency to the pass-processing.

My wife and I made the near-three hour round-trip on Saturday afternoon to renew and process our 2010 Platinum Passes so that we could avoid the typically long lines that are present early in the season.

Sure enough, we were able to walk right up to the Season Pass Purchase window and purchase two 2010 renewals of our platinum passes. We were handed a receipt, and two tickets that said "Season Pass Renewal Purchase".

We took these two tickets and our passes from 2009 to the processing center, and after 20 minutes of confusion and questions, finally had our passes processed. At first, the attendant thought that we were supposed to have large white forms that we had been given at purchase and filled out with our personal information. A supervisor finally cleared the issue up, saying the scan-tickets were enough since we were a renewing customer.

That started the actual renewal process, which, oddly enough, got us new actual passes (even though I know other renewals kept there same card from the year before). My wife got the black and white design with all the rides on it, I got a new pass with the same design that was used last year (with the person on Delirium). And for some reason, we weren't required to take new pictures when everyone else was having their photo taken. Neither my wife and I look any different than we did when we had our photos taken last year, but the whole process seemed inconsistent.

-Some people were given forms to fill out at the purchase window, others weren't

-Some renewals were told to keep their old pass. Other renewals were given brand-new passes

-Some people are getting version A of platinum passes. Others are getting version B

-Some people are having their photo ID updated. Others are not

I've kept my receipt just in case. From here, its just keeping the fingers crossed and hoping the passes work (everywhere they are intended to) on the first and all subsequent visits this summer.

Certainly, Cedar Fair has some serious issues to settle in their pass processing, and it would likely help, as a starting point, to develop of specific policy and use it in the processing of all passes.

I wonder why they offer both designs? My only thought is it would save money for the parks not to issue new passes to people renewing, which harldy seems reasonable.unsure.gif

Frisbeefan, here is my take on the situation. If you noticed the advertisements for Platinum Passes in the past, they all had the same design on them, the one I mentioned with the Delirium looking ride on it. My thought is that these are passes they have accumulated over the years and they are trying to get rid of them and usher in the new designs on the passes, the ones with all the rides on them and the park logo in the bottom corner.

Frisbeefan, here is my take on the situation. If you noticed the advertisements for Platinum Passes in the past, they all had the same design on them, the one I mentioned with the Delirium looking ride on it. My thought is that these are passes they have accumulated over the years and they are trying to get rid of them and usher in the new designs on the passes, the ones with all the rides on them and the park logo in the bottom corner.

That makes sense, but it's still puzzling as to why some people get the new design without asking, like I received, and others get the old design. I would think if they are trying to push out the old design they would issue those passes unless specifically asked otherwise. Just my thought.

What time can we get in on saturday with a Plat Pass???

From the latest newsletter:

PARK HOURS

10am - 10pm

7:30AM

- Parking lot opens

- Season Pass Processing & Sales Opens

9:00AM

- Gold Pass early rides on Diamondback, Beast, Planet Snoopy & Boo Blasters on Boo Hill

10:00AM

- Park open to the public

12PM, 1PM, 2PM, 3:30PM & 4:30PM

- Charlie Brown's Hoedown in PEANUTS Playhouse

1PM, 2PM, 3PM, 4:30PM & 6PM

- Way Too Much TV in FESTHAUS

10:00PM

- Fireworks

What time can we get in on saturday with a Plat Pass???

From the latest newsletter:

PARK HOURS

10am - 10pm

- Parking lot opens

- Season Pass Processing & Sales Opens

9:00AM

- Gold Pass early rides on Diamondback, Beast, Planet Snoopy & Boo Blasters on Boo Hill

10:00AM

- Park open to the public

12PM, 1PM, 2PM, 3:30PM & 4:30PM

- Charlie Brown's Hoedown in PEANUTS Playhouse

1PM, 2PM, 3PM, 4:30PM & 6PM

- Way Too Much TV in FESTHAUS

10:00PM

- Fireworks

I shot Don an e-mail asking him about what time processing opened Saturday because my friend needs to get his processed still and he told me 8:30. Looks like I am gonna be leaving a little earlier than planned because we all want to ride together when the ERT happens.