2010 Kings Island -- VEGETARIAN Menu

selective

Yes, you could be totally wrong...as could that list be...

Many items that appear to be vegetarian really are not...

I'm not even going to start talking about Jell-O.

Oops.

Jell-O - Gelatin - Protein -

organs/intestines/bones of hogs/pigs/horses/cattle

And I may be wrong about this but for a "true" vegetarian/vegan meal it must not even touch possible animal byproducts? I'm willing to guess dimes to dollars that many of the items in the original menu are not prepared in their own kitchen with a staff who has sterilized and retreated everything to avoid "contamination" from the animal products.

Thanks for the correction... Jello has been removed from the menu

I gave up caffeine about two years ago. Doesn't leave much for me to drink but I know all Root Beer is caffeine free.

Sprite is also caffeine free and widely available - as is the fruit punch if you don't mind the sugar high.

I forgot to mention I can't stand the taste of Sprite. It's like drinking carbonated water. Also, I don't like to drink the fruit punch drinks cause of the artificial coloring.

Root Beer even is very nasty if you let it get warm, but as long as it's cold with ice it's sufficient.

My first options would be fruit juices like orange juice or apple juice, but I don't like getting those tiny little juice boxes and paying a high price for them.

Also, it is NOT true that no commercial root beer has caffeine. Barq's does, about two thirds as much as a Coke. Oddly, the diet does not:

http://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

http://www.paisleyne...r/caffeine.html

http://thebarqsman.com/?p=43

Note that caffeine is sometimes added to carbonated beverages...it is not just incidental to the cola flavor...

...Does root beer have caffeine?

Unlike tea, coffee and chocolate, root beer does not naturally contain caffeine. In recent years, many brands advertised "caffeine-free" prominently on packaging to avoid comparison with colas, which normally contain caffeine. However, at least 2 currently available brands, Coca-Cola's Barq's and Skeleteen Beverage's Rat Bast*** have added caffeine....

http://www.root-beer.org/questions.htm

And, oh yeah...what root beer is served at Kings Island (and then only in Rivertown?). Barq's. WITH caffeine.

In a few areas, Barq's is available without caffeine...Utah comes immediately to mind...

wow..... thanks for the Root Beer info. hahaha I guess SOMEONE has been slipping me some caffeine. hahaha

Bargs has about 23%

Mug has 0%

A&W has 0%

If I drink any at home it's usually Mug or A&W, but I haven't had any Root Beer for over 6 months now so I'm good. I'll make sure to stay away from Bargs

I'll just settle for a cup of water.

well.... the copy and paste was harder than it sounds.

The way the menu items are on their web site, the copy and paste feature messed it all up in "MS Word", and then they just had everything thrown in a list so I had to organize everything to make it easy for the eye to see. I didn't have to type any words, but for the most part I ended up copying and pasting word by word.

I just want to know why in the heck would someone be Vegetarian....really meat ain't that bad, healthy really, if not eaten crazly!!!!

Research shows meat isn't as healthy as one might think. On average, vegetarians live longer, healthier lives. People are under the impression meat is great because of protein, but really protein can be found in other sources. Also meat can be high in bad things such as cholesterol, and getting a large order of fries with that burger really doesn't help the cause, for example.

As for why switch to vegetarian, visit a factory farm or slaughterhouse or ride on a transportation truck or train and see how billions of animals every year in the U.S. face their death; things certainty aren't a walk in the park for them. There are sympathetic/empathetic people out there, for instance, Michael Jackson was, who do not believe in the unethical aspects from raising to slaughtering animals. Also people are vegetarians for the health benefits and to help the environment. In South America, rain forests are being cut down in part to build grazing areas for cattle.

And some vegetarians wear leather shoes and/or fur coats...some will not....

wow..... thanks for the Root Beer info. hahaha I guess SOMEONE has been slipping me some caffeine. hahaha

Bargs has about 23%...

No, it does not. No way. Nowhere near 23 parts of every 100 parts of Barq's Root Beer are caffeine.

• Like 1

Especially the stuff known as imitation soft serve ice cream...some versions of which are vegetarian, most of which are not. Then again, Kings Island still lists imitation soft serve as "ice cream" on its website:

http://www.visitking...l.cfm?ai_id=623

http://www.visitking...l.cfm?ai_id=627

Legally, this is factually incorrect.

It goes without saying that many versions of what IS ice cream contain eggs...

I wonder if we'll have the same problem when animal cloning is perfected. For those that don't know, certain companies are working on ways to clone meat. (Not alive animals, meat in the literal sense) Sometime in the future, certain meat companies might never be in contact with animals... only the DNA.

Popular Science is an awesome magazine. cool.gif

The ones that claim to be ice cream...are. Tiny beads, cryogenically frozen:

http://www.dippindot...m/company/faqs/

There are competitors that offer similar or even superior products for less money. Notably Mini Melts...Dippin' Dots sued them...and lost...

http://www.inc.com/e....php?kilcoyne29

http://www.minimelts...sa/usindex.html

A VERY interesting video:

http://www.minimelts.com/usa/demo.html

I just want to know why in the heck would someone be Vegetarian....really meat ain't that bad, healthy really, if not eaten crazly!!!!

Research shows meat isn't as healthy as one might think. On average, vegetarians live longer, healthier lives. People are under the impression meat is great because of protein, but really protein can be found in other sources. Also meat can be high in bad things such as cholesterol, and getting a large order of fries with that burger really doesn't help the cause, for example.

As for why switch to vegetarian, visit a factory farm or slaughterhouse or ride on a transportation truck or train and see how billions of animals every year in the U.S. face their death; things certainty aren't a walk in the park for them. There are sympathetic/empathetic people out there, for instance, Michael Jackson was, who do not believe in the unethical aspects from raising to slaughtering animals. Also people are vegetarians for the health benefits and to help the environment. In South America, rain forests are being cut down in part to build grazing areas for cattle.

Well eating meat is considered a healthy diet option. Adding french fries and a burger are not healthy. To be correct a playing card size of meat is actually beneficial to the human body. Red Meat contains zinc/iron/protein/"good fats"/b vitamins/can promote weight loss. however like anything else if you are eating a 14 oz steak for dinner and had a Double Cheese Burger for lunch then you run an increased risk for diseases such as: Alzheimers, bowel cancer, high cholesterol. Pork is the healthiest red meat while beef the most nutritious. Cutting out meat from a diet can be very detrimental if you do not actively change your entire diet. The body needs certain proteins to stay alive. Many of these proteins are found in meat. Proteins are responsible for duplicating DNA to building muscle. If you are to adopt a vegetarian/vegan life style one must be willing to find the important proteins elsewhere. If you are going totally vegan then you must, may i reiterate, you MUST MUST MUST research healthy living from reputable nutritionists, not just a website on the internet. Talk to a nutritionist and they will tell you what sort of foods and vitamins you will need to keep your body healthy..... In defense of the health part though many non-vegetarian or meat eaters are also just as healthy as vegetarians. Becoming vegetarian does not make you healthy. Eating the right foods in proportion with exercise makes you healthy. To be truthful, I am an animal lover btw, but a factory butcher shop does not bother me. If it was not for the factory I would have to raise my own cattle and slaughter/clean/package my own meat. As long as they dont destroy the environment pollution/forest clearing/etc I have no qualms about it. I understand animals have feelings, but so do I and if I need to eat to keep my self alive then I will do that.....

Especially the stuff known as imitation soft serve ice cream...some versions of which are vegetarian, most of which are not. Then again, Kings Island still lists imitation soft serve as "ice cream" on its website:

http://www.visitking...l.cfm?ai_id=623

http://www.visitking...l.cfm?ai_id=627

Legally, this is factually incorrect.

It goes without saying that many versions of what IS ice cream contain eggs...

In high school I worked at a softserve ice cream mini golf course (that may or may not be next to a bowling alley on the west side) and

the "ice cream" came in 1 gallon jugs of liquid. We poured it into the machine and out came the soft serve.

It was not ice cream but it did taste good. I didnt know you could make frozen cream (from animals) and make it vegetarian/vegan friendly.... who knew.... and from working there for all those years I can not eat soft serve anymore. Too much deliciousness becomes blah

I wonder if we'll have the same problem when animal cloning is perfected. For those that don't know, certain companies are working on ways to clone meat. (Not alive animals, meat in the literal sense) Sometime in the future, certain meat companies might never be in contact with animals... only the DNA.

Popular Science is an awesome magazine. cool.gif

How do they clone meat? If I am not mistake doesn't cloning require an egg to be fertilized? Like the egg begins to develop and somewhere in the early stages of division (well before division) the insides are cleaned out and the cloned DNA is inserted? Thus cause the division of the egg to proceed and create the cloned animal. To create a cloned object (since meat is not alive) wouldnt they be able to create any inanimate object? Just like Urkel did in Family Matters.....

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, the article said they can clone hundreds of dead pieces of meat from the same live animal, but right now it is too expensive to do large scale. They expect that within 10 (I say 20) years, most meat will be cloned.

My above post was slightly incorrect. (And thanks for pointing it out.)

Oh I didnt mean to point you out. I find cloning very interesting, so thats why I asked the question of how they did it.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2006-08/cloned-beef-its-whats-dinner

I think I found your article. Way cool. Slightly different from what you said but great memory for over a year. So it seems (at least to this article) that if you find a perfect steak you can basically send it out to be cloned into a whole cow then you would be able to have that perfect meat over and over again. But how can a cow (or any other animal) that is cloned be the exact same. If its put in a different environment (if you were cloned just to be eaten....) then the food intake and out take may be different. If the exercise was not the same the marbelization of the meat would be different.....

It looks like they decided not to do a menu at all on the new web site design.

So I'll need a few weeks after April 17th to find out what has all changed and to update this menu.

but yeah.... much more food choices this year than last year, I think... so this is good.

So I'll need a few weeks after April 17th to find out what has all changed and to update this menu.

but yeah.... much more food choices this year than last year, I think... so this is good.

They did add a menu.

Ill be checking out the new pretzel shop on opening day.

They did add a menu.

Ill be checking out the new pretzel shop on opening day.

That's not a menu!

It's just a list of places to eat at with a highlight of what they are known for. This is nice for someone just browsing, but not so great for people that want exact information.

One could argue that there aren't many people who visit the Kings Island website looking for an exact menu of every item featured at every store... Be they first-time visitors or enthusiasts like us, most people just want a general overview if they care enough at all. Kings Island is an amusement park and has a selection of food items to match that. For the most part, the things that are vegetarian outside the park are also vegetarian inside the park. If you have a question, ask it, or don't eat it.

Not having an exact listing of every single option offered at every location should be the least of our worries...

Besides, I feel that, unless you're a vegetarian 100% because of the poor treatment of animals etc. etc., there's no reason to be so strict. If it's meat, don't eat it. If it's made in chicken broth and you don't want it, don't eat it. If you don't want jello because it has traces of cow, then just don't have jello. Do we really need a menu to demonstrate that? To just go through the listing of each restaurant and delete "hamburger" and "hot dog?"

I'm vegetarian-esque - I don't eat meat because I'm not a big fan of it. Perhaps it offends really strict vegetarians that I do it so casually. Vegetarianism, if done correctly, is a healthy way to live if only because, as was said, you have less exposure to the fries and stuff... If you ask me, that is. Which no one did... Oh well!

• Like 1

This is pretty much offtopic, but while we are discussing the food on the new Kings Island website, does anybody know how much a corndog at Midway Treats & Eats will cost you? I haven't had one at Kings Island in a very very very long time.

• Like 1

This is pretty much offtopic, but while we are discussing the food on the new Kings Island website, does anybody know how much a corndog at Midway Treats & Eats will cost you? I haven't had one at Kings Island in a very very very long time.

one arm.... if you want a drink it will cost you the leg

• Like 1

It's just a list of places to eat at with a highlight of what they are known for. This is nice for someone just browsing, but not so great for people that want exact information.

Besides, I feel that, unless you're a vegetarian 100% because of the poor treatment of animals etc. etc., there's no reason to be so strict. If it's meat, don't eat it. If it's made in chicken broth and you don't want it, don't eat it. If you don't want jello because it has traces of cow, then just don't have jello. Do we really need a menu to demonstrate that? To just go through the listing of each restaurant and delete "hamburger" and "hot dog?"

What exactly is wrong with this dude coming up with a vegetarian menu and posting it here? I mean... why does he have to justify it? It was a nice thing for him to post. If you don't want to use it, then don't, but I'm sure that someone out there is getting some use out of it.

There are at least a thousand and three webpages of complete menus for Disney World eats with every cent and french fry accounted for. A single posting of a vegetarian menu on a KI message board isn't going to hurt anyone. Let the guy do his research and post it for those who will find it useful. Some people aren't aware of some soups that are broth based or desserts that contain gelatin. If he wants to do the leg work, more power to him.

Yes, I need a cookie. :D