Backlot Stunt Coaster Trains Being Stripped of Their Theming

DBru

Goofy, everything you have stated within your posts on this topic absolutely describes my feelings about CF as an Entity since September of 2007. As far as your distance analogy... well I live 2 hours from KI, 5.5 hrs from CP, and 7 hours from WoF.... and Im driving the 7 hours on the 17th for WoF opening day. I have exactly two KI trips planned this year, one in September (not sure of the date yet, it depends on when a certain event is going to be held this year) and the other for GOCCs Fall Freakout in October. On the flipside to that, Ive got at least 4 CP trips planned, and will be very hopefully celebrating a new CEO.

EDIT: Robbie, I am in full agreement with you concerning the Eagles and Antiques.... put BLSC (or as Im calling it now "Bland Boring Unthemed Coaster" or BBUC) over where the go kart track is.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but lets just face it.....we are in a recession...so is CF....so its not like if any other park buys them its all gonna get better with a snap of the finger's.....

I tend to think that, should Universal buy Kings Island (a longshot, don't get me wrong, but its a hypothetical) things would get very good, very fast. Not saying that Universal would buy Kings Island, just that things would probably get better "in the snap of a finger" if they did. Do you think that The Crypt in its current state would operate for even an hour under Universal's leadership? Do you think Backlot Stunt Coaster would have trains as were posted in the first post of this thread? Do you think "Flight Deck" would be the name of a ride at Universal's Kings Island?

Also, here's an idea: Backlot Stunt Coaster... with Dale Earnhardt themed? Why not! Maybe, just maybe, licensing from NASCAR includes the right to use headlights... We can only hope!

Yes, Stricker`s grove also has an Eagles ride, although it is an 8 tub model, and is more difficult to snap than what KI`s was. It still is possible, just not as easily as Kings Islands/Carowinds.

And as an aside, back when some LeSourdsville Lake rides were auctioned/sold off, Coney tried to buy the Flying Scooters ride from LeSourdsville Lake. They were outbid by a park (the name escaped me right now) that only wanted the ride so that they could replace their own Scooter ride with newer tubs!

Answer from todays 5@5. Looks like the Mini Cooper details are gone.

Jon Roost - Have there been any changes to Backlot Stunt Coaster this year since the Mini Cooper license is expiring? For example, at Kings Dominion the cars got a paint job and the little doors removed, is a similar thing happening here this year?

You will see changes to the trains with the removal of the Mini Cooper brand. I've ridden this ride a lot and not once did I get off the ride and say "wow, those are great stickers". For my money I would have spent a few more million on steel and less on copyright allowances.

^ Well I never really like the experience to be honest with you. I just really hate the look of the cars. They could have been a little more creative. Look what they did with Xcelerator and Top thrill Dragster. I just think they put no effort into any of the re-themes at all. The park is starting to look very cheep to me.

Guest IceCream329

Alright so I looked at the photo again and I noticed something that y'll apparently haven't, smiling faces with hands waving in the air.........Have you forgotten the most important thing, the guest, and y'll are just a bunch of KI nerds so your going to notice any flaw you can, you pay more attention to the small non important details than the most important detail and that is the fun and thrill!! Only you guys don't like it, if people didn't like it, it would be closed due to low attendance.....So please stop the crying about how the stickers are missing, or there is no water or fog.....God can't you all enjoy the park and not notice the small crap. this is why y'll get upset, cause you complain and get angry over things that almost nobody notices!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest IceCream329

I did cause I am a KI nerd....so are the rest of you....except I don't get all mad over stickers and little crap like this!!!!

This is just getting to be too much. I am starting to feel like Kings Island is rapidly becoming a Geauga Lake. I was there the season before it closed and it kind of reminds me of that. The most prominent thing that sticks out at me as a comparison is that CF simply cut the Batman logo out of Dominator and left a hole in the headrest. It looked so horrible and trashy. Also, if CF just HAD to have the Paramount chain solely for Kings Island then why are they treating us in such a way? As many have said, the park is beginning to look cheap and lose it's character thanks to CF. THAT, to me, is not something you do to a park that you supposedly love.

I hope that our BLSC trains have some more detail than KD's plastic looking cars (hopefully, at least, ours have headlights and doors) but i doubt it. This is truly some undesired news. Sure, it may be better to spend money on rides rather than licensing, but you dont need licensing to make a rides trains actually look like real cars.

Hmmm, a park not planning on saying anything about a change to a major attraction untill opening day, when people find out the cold hard truth for themselves.......Where have i seen this before? dry.gif

^Exactly what I'm saying. Removing the things that are dead giveaways to the MINI brand like the stripes and the circular side mirrors. But honest to God, removing the license plates? The wind shields? The headlights? Come on now...

Terpy always says "They wouldn't change it unless they had to." But then again, he also sometimes says "Perhaps they changed it just because they could." So which is it this time, Terp?

The catch car of the Intimidator 305 train is now more detailed than Backlot Stunt Coaster. And when the 5@5 answerer said something like 'I've never gotten off that ride and said how great the stickers were,' I disagree. In fact, the highly detailed, fun little cars were the first things most people noticed, and all really thought it was clever and inventive.

I think we all need to take a step back and look at things from a different perspective. What do you go to Kings Island for? It's to have fun right? How can you have fun at one of your favorite amusement parks by picking everything apart all the time. Just enjoy the park instead of worrying about the littlest things all the time. You're guaranteed to have a better time! Sure, the Backlot cars could look better, but you will still have a nice time on the ride even if they don't look perfect. Just take a step back and enjoy Kings Island for what it has now. Not what it had, or what you want it to be. Just have FUN!

Guest IceCream329

I think we all need to take a step back and look at things from a different perspective. What do you go to Kings Island for? It's to have fun right? How can you have fun at one of your favorite amusement parks by picking everything apart all the time. Just enjoy the park instead of worrying about the littlest things all the time. You're guaranteed to have a better time! Sure, the Backlot cars could look better, but you will still have a nice time on the ride even if they don't look perfect. Just take a step back and enjoy Kings Island for what it has now. Not what it had, or what you want it to be. Just have FUN!

I agree totally, I said that before but you surely worded it better than I!!!!!! Remember all its "The Fun and Only Kings Island" Which I really like the new slogan!!

Like I said, there are things to be upset about with current management. I didn't say the park was perfect. All I am saying is, enjoy the good parts of the park, and don't focus on the bad. You'll never enjoy yourself at Kings Island if you do!

P.S. I didn't mean for the last sentence of my other post to be a pun in any way! haha