Your View?

Guest PizzaBaby027

Agreed. Hey, back in the day when the passes did have pictures on them, you couldn`t even scan the passes at the gates to the other Paramount Parks. You had to go to guest relations and they had to print a ticket for you to get in. I agree that if they at least printed names/ and years on the passes, things would be a lot easier in case the computer system went down.

I mean, Coney still prints pictures on their passes (at least last year they did) and they were color pictures too! Unfortunately, when people use their passes for the rides, we as ride ops have to compare the picture on the pass to the person using the pass. If we catch people using a pass that isn`t theirs, we confiscate the pass on the spot, no questions asked. That happens more often than one would think. Especially with parents trying to swap the pass between them to ride with a kid that needs a chaperone!

In my own humble opinion:

When Paramount owned it, the park expanded in a lot of ways. But fact is, it wasn't run half as well as it is now. The employees are quicker at dispatching trains, the paths are A LOT cleaner, and we've had more world class rides added with the added help of Cedar Fair.

When you look at the job Cedar Fair's done so far, it's impossible to say that they've done a bad job. In fact, they've had to deal with handicap after handicap. The main one is obviously the big hunk of wood sitting to the far left of the park map. It's caused nothing but problems for the company and I don't feel bad that they want to remove it. It's caused problems since the park first opened (even when it opened it was said that the structure wasn't as good as it could have been)

Plus, King's Island isn't the only park that Cedar Fair owns now. Carowinds, Kings Dominion... ect