KI 2010 Map Released

chaddie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Map: Ehh, not much to get excited about. No Son of Beast, Planet Snoopy, and aww, they left it Green! Bummer.

New Website: Win Win Win So Much Win. Gotta love it. Judging from what I can see from the site on my phone, it looks awesome. I can't see the background color though, Cedar Point is yellow, Carowinds is Blue, what's Kings Island's?

EDIT: See it now, Dark Blue. I'm also dissapointed that the download section is basically just Diamondback's, and still there's only one webcam. I hope they put up more, the 5@5 said there would be. And a lack of photo gallery, aww.

Notice also, "after 5:00 meal deals."

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/park/meal_deals/index.cfm

This banner is all over the site, too:

picture1jz.png

Looks like they're really pushing this, and rightly so: they need to prove that they're at least working with food prices. $40.00 for a family of four to have food and drinks? Really not too bad...

P.S. Wow the site is incredible! This has been so needed, and the wait has paid off! Love it.

the website looks awesome!

yeah there are some minor errors here and there that can be fixed, its still great.

but did anyone notice that the crypt is still under a "5" in the thrill section....and also if you look closely at the map you can see that the "kite eating tree" isnt actually a tree....its still seaweed and if you look at "boo blaster on boo hill" you can see that the sign in front of the castle is still scooby bc you can see his face....and also you did you notice that the only difference in "surf dog" is that they just took avatar off the center of it......everything is just the same.

and i agree.....the park does look smaller with S.O.B. missing on the map.

I don't really think they changed the map much at all... They added ghosts on Boo Blaster's castle, but that's really almost it. I was actually looking forward to Planet Snoopy being "pale yellow" on the map as it is at every other park, because I thought that would shift Action Zone back to bright yellow and Oktoberfest back to brown... That would be a welcome change if you ask me. Haha! But the site is incredible.

EDIT: Also interesting: They finally removed the "car" from Tower Gardens. Haha!

EDIT 2: The map also displayed lockers next to the Crypt (labled "Lockers near The Crypt"). These were actually moved over to the raft ride last year, weren't they? It's obviously not a big deal, I'm just asking out of curiosity.

I'm glad to see they are now recycling.

Kings Island has always been known for throwing away truck loads of good plastic, cardboard, and paper (BEHIND THE SCENES) just from the employees alone as they prepare things to be sold in the park.

I personally think any employees or management not doing their part to contribute to the recycling should be penalized or terminated as a way to enforce this.

Believe it or not, some businesses do pretend to recycle just to build up the self confidence of their employees and to earn the trust of their customers, only to toss it all in the trash when no one is looking. Then there's also the problem of having too much to recycle with not enough trucks to pick it all up so the excess goes into the trash anyway.

If Kings Island is serious about this, which I hope and think they are, then they'll stick with this to make it work and fix any problems they may have with it along the way.

Anyone else notice the Rivertown Junction discount? I know it won't stand, but hehe, it'd be awesome!

Quote:

Get awesome in-park meal deals when you flash your 2010 Gold or Platinum Season Pass!

• BREAKFAST WITH THE PEANUTS GANG DISCOUNT - $11.99 per person! (purchase at the front gate)
  • BACKYARD BBQ MEAL DEAL - $9.99 per adult / $5.99 per junior (also available online)
  • RIVERTOWN JUNCTION DISCOUNT - $15 off the regular price
  • CINNABON - 1/2 off pre-packed 4-pack and 6-pack Cinnabon
  • FUNNEL CAKE DISCOUNT - Buy one, get one 1/2 price before 5pm

I also think that some rides should be in both family and thrill rides, as they were on the last website - apparently, Adventure Express and Backlot aren't thrill rides? It just makes the park seem a little less roller-coaster laden for newcomers. As for the number ratings, though they seem out of place, they really can't be changed oftentimes.

As far as speed / height, Adventure Express is a three or four, but it does meet the parameters of a 5:

high speeds and/or heights, aggressive and unexpected forces, and rapid directional or elevation change. Riders will encounter many unexpected changes in speed, direction and/or elevation.

The same can be said of The Crypt - while it might not be as intense as it once was, you will experience unexpected changes in elevation and direction that you can't always necessarily brace for or anticipate. As such, it must be placed in the 5 category.

Consider us lucky.

Glad to see the new site. For those of you curious, under the rides section, they also detail how many people have ridden certain rides. For example, 2001 was the year that Drop Tower has had its highest ridership since it opened, with 623,905 rides that year. Since it opened it has given 5,787,377 rides, which is 31st most in park history!

At first I had to chuckle about the lack of SoB appearing on the map and thought of the slew of jokes my kids are going to tell when they navigate the park. "What's that?" "I dunno, it's not on the map..." "Must be uncharted territory!" "Looks like a mistake to me." "A mistake on the map?" "Nope."

(repeat for four months or so...)

Then I just got excited about the 2010 season and so very thankful that we have something cool like KI so close to home!!!:DB):lol:

My opinion on the new website? Epic win.wink.gif There are typos, yes, but it looks so much better and having a "history" section for all the rides is cool. I wish they would add a list of all the rides, ranked in order of how many rides they have given in their careers.

(Discovers Poll Section) OH NO! THEYZ HAZ POLLZ TOO! ME AM OUT OF JOB!!!tongue.gif LOL

Adventure Express is a 5 but Drop Tower is a 4? :blink:

I'd put Express at about a 3, and Drop Tower around a 523!!!! LOL

The Dodgem is rated a level 4... At this level, every ride in Kings Island besides 'Go Diego Go' belongs in the five category.

But I must admit this website is much better than the last, and all of the ride descriptions are very accurate.

Adventure Express is a 5 but Drop Tower is a 4? :blink:

I'd put Express at about a 3, and Drop Tower around a 523!!!! LOL

The Dodgem is rated a level 4... At this level, every ride in Kings Island besides 'Go Diego Go' belongs in the five category.

But I must admit this website is much better than the last, and all of the ride descriptions are very accurate.

My ratings would be Drop Tower, Diamondback, Vortex, Firehawk, The Beast, and Delirium all 5s and everything else in the park 4 or below. Adventure Express would be a 4 for me. I think they just need to make it to 7 ratings. That would be better.

I love being able to zoom in and really see the details of BLSC, the Adventure Express sign, etc. These maps are very well-crafted.

Yet again, the map says 'Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack' and the site says 'Outer Hanks.' Which is it this year?

Also, the Diamondback trains look odd. Hahha. Those are my observations of the hour.