KI 2010 Map Released

chaddie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking to see what Action Theater will be.

It should be listed as a ride, but isn't. And it is a ride because Kings Island keeps a ride count for it, and they don't do this for shows.

On their map though, it's listed as a show, but then under their shows, it's not listed at all.

I remember this being closed the last few times I wanted to ride it. I don't care what they play in it, it's just fun and should never be closed.

I really hope this will be running, it's usually the first thing I like to visit in the park.

Also................. The map has Festhaus listed only for food, and not as a show. This needs to be fixed. It's also a show!

Festhaus is not a show, it is a restaurant venue that plays shows. The shows that play within Festhaus are listed on the Shows page, and the venue's main use (a restaurant) is the one listed on the interactive map on the site. The physical map you recieve at the park, however, has Festhaus labed as a restaurant and includes descriptions of the shows that play within. I wouldn't say "This needs to be fixed!", because honestly, it's not a big deal...

The show that will play within Action Theater, though, is not listed on the 'shows' page. This is likely because we're not supposed to know what it will be yet, and also because the "shows" page is also labled "live entertainment," which the show within Action Theater will not be. The other parks list it under 'family rides,' and I'm sure ours will be there soon (here's hoping this site is updated and maintained regularly, or at least more regularly than the last one -- I think it will be).

And it is closed towards the end of the year because one of the haunted houses, Urgent Scare, is set up within. Plus, by the end of last year, the Spongebob ride film was really on its last leg, very grainy, almost colorless, and not in 3-D. I don't believe it was ever directly closed for that reason, but it's something worth noting.

I was just looking to see what Action Theater will be. It should be listed as a ride, but isn't. And it is a ride because Kings Island keeps a ride count for it, and they don't do this for shows. On their map though, it's listed as a show, but then under their shows, it's not listed at all. I remember this being closed the last few times I wanted to ride it. I don't care what they play in it, it's just fun and should never be closed. I really hope this will be running, it's usually the first thing I like to visit in the park.

I believe that they told us in a 5@5 that it would run this season. I doubt that the situation has changed, but I do find it interesting that the show isn't listed on the PDF map... but, if it were closed, it would not be on the PDF map, much like Son of Beast. My bet is that it will open, and with a new movie.

The maximum heights have always existed, even if they weren't on the map last year - they were advertised at all three attractions. One of my taller friends often stood by the ones at Invertigo and Drop Zone just for fun (he's 6'3", and I believe the maximum is 6'5" or 6'7"). Pretty much any ride with over the shoulder restraints will have a maximum height limit.

The park just looks so small without that son of a beast back near Flight Deck. It just doesn't look right.

Guess I missed the news that the new website was up...

The Son of Beast must still have the HEAVY fog around it from Halloween Haunt......:)

so, i know it's not on the online park map, but is Son of Beast on the park maps provided at Kings Island?

the only reason i ask is because i think i remember reading it was hard for the park to make a decision whether to include it on the park maps or not, and if the decision to not have Son of Beast operating this season was made so close to opening day i didn't see them having enough time to have new park maps printed in bulk and shipped to the park.