KIC Coaster Trip 2010 PTR

DropZone99

I am glad that I232 is getting more air as it works in. When we rode it on opening day (3rd public train) it had little very little air. By the next time it was much better. Adam (PKIBOY) reported that the next week it was still better then our rides the week before.

So I guess what I am saying is that the early reports were not wrong, but that the ride very well could have improved with actual loaded trains. Did Diamondback change from week 1 to 2?

I'm glad to hear that. Maybe in the middle of the summer it'll have even more airtime? And about Diamondback, no it was just as okay the first time I rode it compared to the second time I rode it. Only because those two rides were in row 8. My third ride was in row 16 and the ride seemed way better. The ride got better every time I rode it that day. The best rides on it for me was May 2nd. at night. It seemed to be running better, had more airtime, but it was before Ride Warriors Weekend. RWCW made me sick of Diamondback because I rode it 19 times in just 2 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the huge delay, since Photobucket was being messed up I didn't feel like dealing with the stress. And than I went to Kings Island (not even going to do a PTR), than Holiday World (which the PTR is already up). I felt stressed like I have to post these. I really do want to post them but it takes so long to upload all the photos, I wish I could just write the trip report here and just post a link to my facebook albums with all of the photos.

------------------

Anyways, I left off at Carowinds and we just rode Hurler. After Hurler, I believe Me, Tom, and Angie went towards Afterburn and met up with the rest of the group. Afterburn had a half full queue which was only about 10 minutes but I wanted the front seat so it was another 10 minutes. Afterburn was my 100th. coaster! Looking back I wish I would of made it a wooden coaster, but I guess I can make my 200th. coaster a woodie. Afterburn was a great coaster, but out of the B&M inverts I still like Montu best. Afterburn is better than Raptor and the Batman clones though.

119.jpg

120.jpg

After Afterburn all of us walked down the hill to Thunder Road. We rode South Carolina first in the front. It was great, better than Racer and Rebel Yell! Than we just switched over to North Carolina and rode towards the back which wasn't nearly as good.

125.jpg

As we were walking towards Planet Snoopy I saw Kings Island's Vortex on a Carolina Cobra bottle!

126.jpg

First of all, the Planet Snoopy at Carowinds looked really nice! Obviously I never got to see it as Nickelodeon, but Snoopy actually looked nice here (although I still think Snoopy is dumb). All of us wanted to go straight to Woodstock Gliders and just stay on for a while, but due to long lines we couldn't. We only got to ride once. But atleast on my one ride I was snapping like crazy! I still can't believe I can actually snap! Tom was also making the ride go crazy with his snapping!

118.jpg

117.jpg

132.jpg

001-1.jpg

023.jpg

As you can tell from all of those photos, Carowinds is a very pretty park. All of those were actually taken in Planet Snoopy, well except the last one.

Angie, Tom, and I went to Woodstock Express, while everyone else went somewhere else. On our way I noticed POV the ride!

127.jpg

Also, their Woodstock Express is the same as the one at KI (and KD, but we didn't get to ride theirs) but theirs runs sooo much better. It was really fast, and it flew through the whole layout making for one extreme kiddie coaster! That and the kiddie coaster at SFOG are my two favorites!

130.jpg

I hate Reptars... but being a credit whore I rode it anyways. It sucked as much as the one at KI. Enough said.

After Reptard the three of us made our way to Nighthawk. We wanted the credit really bad. It had a full queue and started off running one train but later went up to two. Firehawk > Nighthawk. I didn't know a flying coaster could actually be rough, but yes Nighthawk is! And actually, the smoothest part of the ride is actually the corkscrews!

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

014.jpg

008.jpg

I loved the drinking fountain in the queue, great idea!

So after we got our credit, we needed two more. The park was about an hour away from closing (Why do they close at 8 again?) We still needed Carolina Cobra and Ricochet. We agreed we would try to get Carolina Cobra first since none of us have ridden a true boomerang (Invetigo & Deja Vu don't count!) The line was very small thankfully, and we only had to wait for the train to pull into the station!

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

Carolina Cobra was smooth, but very intense. After we got off, all of us felt dizzy. We just needed one more credit, but Ricochet had a long line. We saw Adam, and the rest of the group by Carolina Goldrusher so we met back up with them. I ended up riding Goldrusher one more time, than we all went to Intimidator.

We got to Intimidator at about 7:50PM. and we entered the queue. We went to the vending machines and just stood over there and let anyone who entered the queue infront of us. We wanted to be on the last train of the night (but didn't scream at the ride opts. like someone on TPR said). So we ended up getting the very last train of the night (me and Adam got front seat too!) It was the perfect way to end the night at a great park. I really like Carowinds but I feel like I didn't get to appreciate the park because of the crowds. Next time I go, I'd love to go on an empty day so I can enjoy it more than rushing around to get credits!

024-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Thanks for reading, I'll try to get Six Flags Over Georgia posted sometime this week!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Millennium

Great PTR. Dollywood is quite possibly my favorite park. Clean, beautiful, great food, great service, and a great collection of rides. Could you post your PTR of Dollywood?