Another trim on I305?

oh no doubt when they built it they probably thought, man there is such a slim shot that this ride will go x mph. But it seems if something could go wrong it probably will.... now with this ride it just needs to be slowed down. Possibly the numbers they were crunching for speed and gforces were off by just a smidge. greying or graying out on a coaster is not so bad but if many people are doing it, then theres the issue..... haha DVO i got that little engineer, designer, assembly worker line from my uncle. Hes a nuclear engineer and he tells me that his plans were always right, it was the people putting it together wrong... ha

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only greyed out on MF the first time, and Maverick the first time.

I usually grey out on Invertigo.

I ALWAYS grey out on Titan at SFOT.

Everyone's different. Not everyone rides under the right circumstances (drink water)!

I gray out quite often after MF's first drop. I occasionally gray out after Maverick's first drop. I barely grayed out after I305's first drop.

I've noticed that I gray out more intensely and for extended periods of time when I ride while I'm hungry. I'm hypoglycemic, so that may have something to do with it.

They do extensive simulations on a ride like this before building it. It shouldn't need trims. If they trim this brand new roller coaster, they're just being silly. Trim brakes on a first drop make no sense. It's like building a race car and putting a four cylinder engine in it.

Graying out / tunnel vision is kind of fun. It happened to me once on Face/Off. I did completely lose consciousness once on Son of Beast though - that wasn't as fun.

They do extensive simulations on a ride like this before building it. It shouldn't need trims. If they trim this brand new roller coaster, they're just being silly. Trim brakes on a first drop make no sense. It's like building a race car and putting a four cylinder engine in it.

Graying out / tunnel vision is kind of fun. It happened to me once on Face/Off. I did completely lose consciousness once on Son of Beast though - that wasn't as fun.

actually its nothing like building a race car. And what do you think a restrictor plate does? It restricts the amount of clean air going into the engine to slow the cars down. why did they do this you may ask? Well they did this to make the cars safer, as in its better to hit the wall at 190 versus 220..... Now onto I305....They do extensive simulations but computer models and the actual rides on human bodies can and are (most times)different. Things can happen, the human body is not a finite (X) but more an indefinite number. so sometimes things can change. If they think trimming this ride will make it more popular then they are not being silly they are being smart. Graying out is actually not fun for some or most people. Depraving your brain of oxygen can be a very serious issue (not saying the coaster does but in reality thats what is happening.) Some people enjoy this feeling so much that they die trying to repeat this occurrence. Now you said you did black out on SoB now imagine blacking out on this coaster. The quick turns could cause damage to the unconscious body.