Tower Gardens = Smoking Area?

CedarPointer

Guest IceCream329

Well lets get real, Kings Island does things not because they feel as they should just screw with the guests and for fun they do things like this for a reason, based on guest survey and statistic analysis....They do what they think is best for the guest and what will make the most profit....I base everything I stated above on my prior knowledge before employment at the park!

No kidding! Maybe plant a few flowers and fill up the waterfall... Honestly, how hard is that? I mean, really? And voila - a beautiful piece of park history revived! "Kings Island is back to the way it was before Paramount... Except the food prices, lack of Scooby Doo, the logo, the landscaping, the theme, and Tower Gardens.... So really, it's only back to the way it was before Paramount because Paramount's is no long in the name..."

And I still don't understand why people are saying to "Be careful." Pat, I get, because he's new and may not understand this is an unofficial site, but Dawg? ... If Kings Island were to get angry about a particular thread here and go out of their way to request its removal, this is the last one they'd want removed. There's nothing controversial about this... They're turning an area of the park with perhaps the most unused potential into a smoking area. I don't think it'll be wall to wall with smokers or anything, but it's the idea of it - just a few flowers and a bit of water would make this area incredibly beautiful.

I wouldn't mind it if it were the only smoking area in the park (it's rather large, you know). But I think people are far more likely to use one near, say, Diamondback, then one that's an empty spot that nobody uses anyway. They should seriously consider moving Starbucks to the current Airbrush or Funnel stand, and use Tower Gardens as a cafe-type area.

They dont like us talking about this topic. They have deleted topics on smoking before.

Only if it didn't pertain to anything or was being discussed somewhere else, or just had absolutely no point/relevance. there is always a reason for a thread being deleted... trust me.

It's on the online map. ;)

And, it's *not* a debate on smoking in the park, it's on one of the few quiet, relaxing areas still left being turned into a smoking area.

I think i missed something on this whole thing.... :huh: Besides the entire thing won't be filled with smokers. and besides.... how many of you complaining about it ACTUALLY walk through the dang thing more than once? Anyone? beuhler? beuhler? :P

I do. But usually, only when I'm with first-timers to describe how it used to be.

It's much like The Crypt. It's bare-bones, awful theme-wise, and when they add music to the queue, our initial reaction is to say "Yay! They added music! They really do care!" They take away 100 things, then add back 2... We should ask where those 98 went, not praise their addition of 2.

This is the same idea... They turned a beautiful area into an ugly dead-end... Then, when they make it a smoking area, we say "Oh, that's fine, it's not very pretty anyway." So we essentially forgive & forget for them making it a smoking area since it's 'ugly,' forgetting that they're the reason it's ugly to begin with!

Sad...

Again, this is no big deal, even to me. At most there will be four or five smokers in there at any given time... But it speaks volumes.

This seems to be a bit of an exaggeration. Tower Gardens wouldn't be a smoking area. There would be a smoking area in Tower Gardens. A heck of a lot of people already smoke there, so they might as well just make an actual smoking area there. At least then they won't be roaming all around.

This seems to be a bit of an exaggeration. Tower Gardens wouldn't be a smoking area. There would be a smoking area in Tower Gardens. A heck of a lot of people already smoke there, so they might as well just make an actual smoking area there. At least then they won't be roaming all around.

You really think that?:lol: