Blue Soft Serve Ice Cream

Hank

OK - now I seem to recall that the blue soft serve ice cream used to be Huckleberry Hound's Ice Cream - or something like that. Then, it was another name. Regardless, is it really blueberry flavored or is it more like "Superman" berry/tutti-frutti flavor. OR, what the heck flavor does it claim to be - or what flavor do you think it is? I've always wanted to try a cone, but for some reason I just never got around to it, not to mention being diabetic, I really shouldn't indulge in such sweet delights!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an ice cream company in Sandusky, Ohio called Toft's. They've been there for years and I believe they now have a shoppe in Cedar Point - just like Graeter's Ice Cream has a shoppe in King's Island. Toft's makes a Blue Moon ice cream and it is kinda berry tasting but not REALLY blueberry, as they also make a blueberry ice cream (with real blueberries, I might add). Anyway, seeing the blue soft serve cones at KI always made me wonder - is it blueberry or not? I realize it's not really ice cream, just as most frozen custard places don't really serve frozen custard, but it is blue and therefore I questioned the flavor.

Guest IceCream329

Well I actually work at the stand that this post is based on..I work at Ice Cream in PS formerly known as Huckleberry Dairy, The Ice cream is actually ice cream and is made from Trauths milk company. The flavor is blueberry, nothing else and is not yogurt in the least. It is true blue ice cream!

Well I actually work at the stand that this post is based on..I work at Ice Cream in PS formerly known as Huckleberry Dairy, The Ice cream is actually ice cream and is made from Trauths milk company. The flavor is blueberry, nothing else and is not yogurt in the least. It is true blue ice cream!

No, it is not. There is no such thing as soft serve ICE CREAM. The butterfat would not allow it to freeze to such a consistency. Whether you work there or not. You need to look at the containers of mix that go in the machines.

lol....yea .... you gonna be there opening day ?? trying to meet up with a few members of the forums, just to say hi and meet and greet :)

One never knows...least of all me. Perhaps I will be, perhaps I will not. It all depends...

And that's the way it is...

Guest IceCream329

I have seen the recipe on the jugs/cartons and it is truly ice cream, blueberry indeed no doubt about it!

EDIT: I love that there is a thread about my location and my favorite thing ever!!!

Guest IceCream329

No, it is not. There is no such thing as soft serve ICE CREAM. The butterfat would not allow it to freeze to such a consistency. Whether you work there or not. You need to look at the containers of mix that go in the machines.

lol....yea .... you gonna be there opening day ?? trying to meet up with a few members of the forums, just to say hi and meet and greet :)

One never knows...least of all me. Perhaps I will be, perhaps I will not. It all depends...

We do not freeze the ice cream we keep it in a refrigerator and we pump it as liquid and it goes through a process in the machine that makes it soft serve.....it is ice cream, read the jugs of ice cream mix and machine!

Guest IceCream329

Again, I beg to differ. I did not work around the dairy business/fast food business for years to not know this. Also, I have seen the mix containers, as recently as yesterday.

Well I have seen the containers as recently as today, as I worked today!

lol....yea .... you gonna be there opening day ?? trying to meet up with a few members of the forums, just to say hi and meet and greet smile.gif

Blah....... comon i want to meet ppl from the forums.

The Taylor Company makes most of the machines in use:

http://www.taylor-co...s_singflav1.htm

All handle only low or non-fat soft serve "ice cream" (ice cream-wise)...so perhaps it is Terpy who needs updating. Not meeting the old definition of ice cream, the "new" 1994 requirements allow this to be called low fat ice cream, so you and the park are right.

Terpy, who got a little modern education today! :)

All handle only low or non-fat soft serve ice cream...so perhaps it is Terpy who needs updating. Not meeting the old definition of ice cream, the "new" 1994 requirements allow this to be called low fat ice cream, so you and the park are right.

Terpy, who got a little modern education today! smile.gif

ok then ....question is which machine KI use ? tongue.gif you know i will check on opening day :P

Guest IceCream329

All handle only low or non-fat soft serve ice cream...so perhaps it is Terpy who needs updating. Not meeting the old definition of ice cream, the "new" 1994 requirements allow this to be called low fat ice cream, so you and the park are right.

Thank you but actually all the ice cream stands in the park excluding Ice Cream in Nick Universe Planet Snoopy use those machines Ice Cream in PS use a different machine. I do not recall the machine but I will find it and post soon enough!

Guest IceCream329

Thank you but actually all the ice cream stands in the park excluding Ice Cream in Nick Universe Planet Snoopy use those machines Ice Cream in PS use a different machine. I do not recall the machine but I will find it and post soon enough!

...which is why I said most of the machines in use. I, too, am not sure what others are in use in the park. Taylors are quite expensive, last nearly forever and have sharp knife-like blades inside that are rather interesting. Cleaning those beasts was also interesting years ago...as was the gasket goop one applied to the gasket at the front of the machine....The machines have been substantially "improved" since.

Terpy, who got a little modern education today! smile.gif

blah ....... true answers thats what we need

:P

At upwards of $3 a pop (so to speak) and probably less than $4, Terpy won't be working on very many of them this summer....just a wee bit more loss and the gradual loss of nearly a person will be done...then the fun part starts...I think it is called maintenance...

Now, ask me about Cedar Point's frozen custard or Chuckwagon's pizza up there...either is well worth saving calories for!

Guest IceCream329

It is interesting why Ice Cream/Huckleberry dairy is the only ice cream stand that uses something besides Taylor. Only if I remembered the name of it I would post it but I don't. I can sure enough find out soon and post!

At upwards of $3 a pop (so to speak) and probably less than $4, Terpy won't be working on very many of them this summer....just a wee bit more loss and the gradual loss of nearly a person will be done...then the fun part starts...I think it is called maintenance...

Now, ask me about Cedar Point's frozen custard or Chuckwagon's pizza up there...either is well worth saving calories for!

ok now your making my mouth water for the ***** cream ......yum i am ready ...yo 17th ....where ya at .