old favorite classics

Mr. Coastermania

Hmmm, I have been on dark rides that have things jumping out at you & Wild Mouses (3 different ones at that) in the last 2 weeks. Mirrored mazes last year at the haunts. So I guess I don't really miss them at all.

I do miss the walk through fun house at Cedar Point that had a twisting slide at the end.

I miss rides like the rotor or dark ride haunted houses where you crash through the doors and everything jumps out at you.

Wild mouse coasters or even the walk through mazes like glass houses.what are your favorites?

I love it.I wonder if ther is a park out there somewhere that still has one?Time for me to research.

See my Avatar! lol

RD

Is there any plausible reason to why Seasonal Amusement Parks have been removing their 'fun for the whole family rides', only to replace them with high intensity thrill rides geared mainly towards teenagers and young adults?

Seriously... There are many more family members than teenagers and young adults combined. Why market to the smaller group?

Edit= Just to add something to the mix, My whole family (grandparents, cousins, aunts, etc.) used to have a annual trip to Kings Island. Two years after Phantom Theater was removed, we stopped. We haven't had a big family trip ever since. My sister can not even remember Kings Island, and she's 11...

Is there any plausible reason to why Seasonal Amusement Parks have been removing their 'fun for the whole family rides', only to replace them with high intensity thrill rides geared mainly towards teenagers and young adults?

Because it's hard to market "Family-Friendliest". Tallest, Longest, Fastest were much easier to use as "hooks."

Seriously... There are many more family members than teenagers and young adults combined. Why market to the smaller group?

They're getting there, finally. The ads the last few years have been very family focused. TTD/Kinga Ka were at the pinnacle of the Coaster Wars and I think both comapnies saw that the battle was unsustainable. They also noticed that, while easy to advertise, the new monster coasters weren't accessible to a large portion of their customers.

Really? Please explain Intimidator 305.

Thanks.

Parks still need big scream machines (Behemoth, DB, the Intimidators), that's a given. They didn't however, set out to reclaim the "tallest" or "fastest" record now, did they? They are but an ingredient in a successful park.

That is not of what I speak. By virtually all descriptions of enthusiasts, the ride causes blackouts, gray outs and intense experiences. Why would you purposely add such a ride to a park in this day and age if you had learned the Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster "lesson?"

The ride may not be the tallest or fastest anything, but it is certainly the most intense built in many a year....

That is not of what I speak. By virtually all descriptions of enthusiasts, the ride causes blackouts, gray outs and intense experiences. Why would you purposely add such a ride to a park in this day and age if you had learned the Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster "lesson?"

The ride may not be the tallest or fastest anything, but it is certainly the most intense built in many a year....

I think it's another case of CF putting too much trust in IntaRide for the effects on rider. This is a lesson that should have been learned after Maverick;s last minute "alterations."

what was the pirate ride like at the point, I assume you rode?

Also that would be a great addition for the point!

Perhaps it was my youth that made the ride stand out for me, or the fact that my ridemates (i.e., my parents lol) always made the ride scarier by adding their own unexpected screams and grabs during the ride, but I thoroughly enjoyed Pirate Ride up until it closed, especially the rooms with the big octopus and the guy getting hanged (or hung, whichever tense is more proper). I was devastated when it closed. As long as the building remains standing I'll at least have some physical reminder of it!