KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!

Cody

I know some of you have been waiting for my yearly post about this!

Date: 09/10/2010 (Friday)

Time: 6pm-12am

Links! Article With Brief Info/The GLBT Of Cincy

Private event: Closed to the general public(This really means closed for people who do not support GLBT community, All ages are welcome but Snoopy part of KI will be closed.)

Entertainment: As of my understandings Drag queen shows will be returning this year! So far I'm unaware if anything will be happening in the theater.(these shows are very comedic and also very fun to watch!)

I'll be getting ticket information here shortly!But I do know (like pass years) that your season pass will not let you in! I'll make a couple phone calls, I've just been soo busy with work that I just now hearing about the official date(thanks you, you know who you are :))

I will be there like always and this year will be the 14th gay(didn't sound right saying straight hehe) year that KI has let us rent out the park for the evening to celebrate our sexual orientation and a night of non-judgment and just pure fun and equality!

I hope to see some of you there this year! Show your support!! Remember you don't have to be gay to come! Its one heck of a night of fun! and riding your favorite rides here at KI!

*Any post that reflect a negative outlook or respond for this event or towards homosexuals, will be removed*

*simple if you don't like what I'm posting, don't reply*

Ticket Info

Ticket Prices if purchased before the event

Individual Tickets: $40

Group sales of 7 or more: $36

As an added bonus – advance ticket prices are $5.00 less than general admission and include FREE PARKING, so don’t miss the chance to be part of Pride Night 2010, when over 5,000 family and friends meet:

Ticket Price at the gate

Individual Ticket: $45

Purchase Tickets Here

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet, Ive been lurking the Forum specifically for this info, its nice to have it now. I was there last year, and with just over 3000 people in the park... ALL of which were Hella cool and GREAT fun to be around... it was absolutely the second best time Ive ever had in this park (the first being the Diamondback Auction Ride). The price I paid for the ticket to the event was a complete steal for the time I had!!

I know some of you have been waiting for my yearly post about this!

Here he goes again! wink.gif

*Any post that reflect a negative outlook or respond for this event or towards homosexuals, will be removed*

*simple if you don't like what I'm posting, don't reply*

I wonder how long it will be till someone ignores this....

Ok, so I'm a 16 year old male, are there any other 15-17 year olds on here that are gay? I know this isn't a dating site but....

How do I sign up to go? I have a platinum pass.

Also, If I asked to go, would my parents know it was the gay night? I'm not sure if it's advertised well, but I've only ever heard about it on here. I'm afraid that if my mom talks to her friends and says "Oh he went to Kings Island" then the other person would be like "Oh, you know it's gay night..."

Yeah, I'd rather stay in the closet at least till college :P

When ticket information is available, Rumor Smasher (or someone else) will post it here. That information is not yet available. This is a private event, and the park is not open to the public. Season passes and regular admission tickets are not honored. And not just gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people attend. Many park employees and guests say this is one of the best nights of the entire season.

Ok, so I'm a 16 year old male, are there any other 15-17 year olds on here that are gay? I know this isn't a dating site but....

Also, If I asked to go, would my parents know it was the gay night? I'm not sure if it's advertised well, but I've only ever heard about it on here. I'm afraid that if my mom talks to her friends and says "Oh he went to Kings Island" then the other person would be like "Oh, you know it's gay night..."

Yeah, I'd rather stay in the closet at least till college :P

Knowing people who I know personally who visit this site, I can assure you that there are. Since it is during September, when the park is usually closed most of the time, it's not exactly hard to figure out that it's a private event. ;)

Yeah, I'd rather stay in the closet at least till college tongue.gif

Not sure if they would figure you as gay by going.It's not a night for just gay people at the park.I'm not gay and I'll probably go this year.The only thing keeping me from going last year was not having money for a ticket.

It sounds like an incredible evening! I will probably make my way down, though I live four hours away... And Coasterdude101, I do not think that the event is very highly publicized, for many reasons.

Those who want to know about it can find out about it easily; those who shouldn't, can't.

It's almost unimaginable that folks could visit a theme park where everyone is accepting and you don't hear any threats of violence or slurs here and there. Whenever an opportunity arises to share a peaceful, accepting, (low-attendance) evening at a park, I try my best to attend. And without getting too politcal, there's a stigma about the gay community that is just not true. I'm sure attending this event would help cement that into the minds of those who might be open enough, and I can only imagine that it's very inspirational to see how well many gay people 'blend in' and defy the stereotype. After all, everyone is human.

Just for my planning, is this event typically during the week, or on the weekend? I know that it doesn't mean it'll be the same this year, but are we talking a Tuesday night or a Saturday night in the past?

Haha Terpy, they hit that Go to last unread post button haha...

This night has fasanated me since I first heard about it (Two Years Ago) I wouldn't mind going, but eh, lets face idk if I could get people to go with me. Now I am sure I could meet up with people, but last I did that (Opening Day)I ended up alone... :(

I really would like to go though...sounds fun. And I assume prices aren't that bad either.

Wow, 15 whole posts without someone saying something completely inappropriate in this thread. That has to be a record. I've never been, but I've heard that it's a pretty good night to go to the park. If nothing else, just for short lines.

It was amazing last year. If only the darn paparazzi would leave me alone when I go out in public! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30414192&id=1297644186 :blink::wacko:

Diamondback was a walk on most of the night. Vortex was a 1 train wait. Beast was a walk on for the middle seats, but a one or two train wait for the back. 10 minutes wait for the front.

It is the only night that I pay to visit KI after I buy my Platinum pass. It is very much worth it.

Last season I see some familiar faces that I would not think I would see on that night. People who I ride Diamondback with frequently. It was nice to see them there taking advantage of the light crowds and getting their rides in.

You should also mark April 17th-October 31st on your calender also, because thousands of homosexual guests and employees are at Kings Island on those days as well and I would hate for you to have to share the park with someone who doesn't share your beliefs or worldview.

You should also mark April 17th-October 31st on your calender also, because thousands of homosexual guests and employees are at Kings Island on those days as well and I would hate for you to have to share the park with someone who doesn't share your beliefs or worldview.

Love it!

Ticket pricing is always 40.00-50.00

Buying your tickets at the GLBT Cincy Center is cheaper

Also I think they're bringing back where if you buy your online Gay pride night E-ticket you get free parking.!!

E-Ticket last year were 40.00(included free parking)

:D

*is glad that he doesn't have to click the report button 100+times on the first 2 days of the thread being started*

I'll definitely be there! I went last year and it was an absolute blast. It was nice to see people in the park who were genuinely interested in having a good time and not only there to cause mischief and bother other guests. Very much looking forward to this :D

Love it!

Agreed! LOVE IT!