KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!

Cody

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like a blast! I am definitely going. Gay pride at Kings Island would be a blast! :D

It very much so is!!

Every year I've been I have seen families with little one gets pushed in strollers, I've seen old couples just enjoying the evening atmosphere. Its really relax and a night full of fun. Im very excited for this year and hopefully we have 4k+ family and friends this year!

• 2 weeks later...

*squeeeeee* TOTALLY excited! I didn't get to go last year cuz of work, but now i have a normal 8-5 so guess where i'm headed right after work :) It's well worth the money, and I don't mind paying for it in the least. Minus last year I've gone the past 4 or so years, and its ALWAYS good time. Yes a few religious nuts sneak in (how they get those sandwich boards and boxes full of "Gay=Evil" pamphlets in I'll never know. And yes you have the occasional family thats slightly freaking out, but it is single handedly thee absolute best night to actually enjoy the park! The people are friendly and the outfits are fun (comeon who doesn't love a good flag twirling drag show?!) and everyone is respectful.

oh and there will definately be a meet up. Maybe i'll have to dig the glam rock stuff out from last year O:) (<--- Ryan would it be so hard to have an angel smiley? :P)

We tried meet ups before and they never work. I was never invited for the meet up. :( I think there should be ERT at Diamondback for Gold and Platinum pass holders until 1 am. :wacko:

I wonder if we can all fill up one full Diamondback train with ourselves and significant others. Do you think we would have enough to fill a full train? That would be a riot!

Don't spread the word too much, we don't want to wait in a long line for our favorite rides. :D

Hehe I'll try not too!!!

This year should be good, Next to none disrespectful pamphlets should be in the park this year, KI security takes rather good care of us gay/straight/lesbian/trans for the night.

• 2 months later...

Tickets are now on Sale

As an added bonus – advance ticket prices are $5.00 less than general admission and include FREE PARKING, so don’t miss the chance to be part of Pride Night 2010, when over 5,000 family and friends meet

See post 1...the date for this year is listed there...

(Terpy is amazed at how many people only read the last post or two in a thread...)

Wouldn't it be better if you just told us terpy were to lazy to read that much...hahaha! :)

I am not gay however my son is and I am proud of him. I will be there for this. I remember it being called red shirt day.

See post 1...the date for this year is listed there...

(Terpy is amazed at how many people only read the last post or two in a thread...)

Wouldn't it be better if you just told us terpy were to lazy to read that much...hahaha! :)

I am not gay however my son is and I am proud of him. I will be there for this. I remember it being called red shirt day.

Not a lot of people wear red now...its more rainbow-ish ;)

Thank you for the info RumorSmasher, Ive been waiting for this little tidbit :). I actually saw a bumper sticker that Im turning into a t shirt to wear to the event that I thought was just GREAT! It said "2QT2BSTR8" biggrin.gif

I think I found my new shirt :)

Friday September 10th, 6pm to Midnight

Got It... I bookmarked the link.......

I'll buy my ticket as soon as I have the money.

I've been on Gay Day before a long time ago and just haven't been in the last ten years because I'm bad with dates. I love the idea it will be open till midnight, I hate the sunlight and I will enjoy this much more.

Gay Day is the one day you can just be yourself, and find others that think the same way.

Though I don't have anyone to go with, I'm sure I'll find people to talk to and ride rides with.

If anyone wants to do a meet up, I'll attend.

Even though Planet Snoopy will be closed, I think they should at least run The Flying Ace roller coaster. Many adults ride it and you don't have to have a kid with you to ride it. It can also be ridden without any shoes.

I KNEW I forgot to do something... I totally blew off the screenprinters. Rumor_Smasher, I am going to get a design made tomorrow and go talk to them Monday, then I will get with you about price and whatnot and just get with you the night of the event outside the park.

I now have info and a design for the shirts made.... anyone interested PM me for details.

:D please do tell =]

Well its July so we got 2 more months til then I will be at other prides and helping out.

• 1 month later...

Well In about a month this event will be going on

Did anyone wanna do a KIC meet up? I would be up for meeting.

Also I gotta make a couple calls, I think there's going to be a bit more entertainment then there was last year.

• 2 weeks later...