KI Gay Pride 2010 Info!

Cody

Bah. Well, classes will keep me away from this one...but I'm going to pass the info along to one of my good friends and his boyfriend. They love coasters and usually hit up Dollywood, but maybe this will send them North :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do off-duty employees get in for free to Gay Pride?

You would have to call and talk to a manager. As far as I know, No.

What's Cedar Fair policy on Private Events vs Public Day for off duty employees that wanna vist the park ??

Im Proud to be Gay every day.. I think Im a overall Happy person. Think they'd let me Go and Hand out Gospel tracks gayly to all the "Happy" People there? I think that would be an Overall Gay opprutunity to share the Gospel or Jesus Christ.Sounds like a Gay Day to me :)

For your safety, I recommend not doing that. If you go there with the mind set of preaching , it will be a waste of a trip. If these people wanted too listen about the "Gospel or Jesus" they would go to church, NOT KI. You will be removed from KI property by KI security and If you don't follow their instructions, Mason police will have no problem explaining them too you.

Also KI has a strict No soliciting policy. Even if you buy a ticket and you go inside the park and try to put on a preaching act, you will cause a disturbance and since KI is private property you don't have the right to "protest" so to say. Either way you look at it, your KI pride night will be short lived.

Now it will be a different story if you come out and support and have fun and just ride the rides.

Also don't reply back too this quote if you have a disagreement, Call the parks HR.

From an operations standpoint, I can say hands down that it is my favorite night of the year to be in the park. smile.gif

Agreed. It's the one day/night where every guest is super nice and friendly plus they keep the park clean.

Unlike the employees and their guests who like to trash the place that attend with a certain local company that buys out the park every September.

I've never been to KI on gay day, but it seems like a good time to go. No one is more respectful and tolerant than people who constantly have to deal with disrespectful and intolerant people!

I really hope that no one goes there with the mindset that they can talk an amusement park full of people into dumping their loved ones and changing their beliefs. That's ridiculous.

I called the park earlier, anyone planning on getting tickets at the gate, purchase them online, you will not be able to buy the tickets at the park.

Can I have the name of the person who told you that, also what department? I would PM you but the PM system is broken....

They WILL be selling them at the gate....like they've always done.

Also I think that for you to get free parking, you need to buy your ticket online.

http://www.cincyglbt.com/pride-night

As an added bonus – advance ticket prices are $5.00 less than general admission and include FREE PARKING, so don’t miss the chance to be part of Pride Night 2010, when over 5,000 family and friends meet.

Thanks! Any details that you could get would be the best since I've seen conflicting information.

The last couple of years it would work like this

Online tickets - 40 bucks with free parking

Or

You can buy your ticket at the park + pay for parking.

I can't believe someone told you that they weren't going to sell tickets at the park.

Thanks! Any details that you could get would be the best since I've seen conflicting information.

Or

I can't believe someone told you that they weren't going to sell tickets at the park.

Seems to me that selling tickets at the park the day of would no longer make this a private event as anyone could walk up and buy a ticket to get into the park.

Or

Seems to me that selling tickets at the park the day of would no longer make this a private event as anyone could walk up and buy a ticket to get into the park.

It is a private event though.

Your season pass will not get you in for this event.

You either have to buy tickets online or day of event.

Only advertisements about this event is through local gay organizations.

Also the KI sign displays "Welcome To Pride Night"(did last year anyways)

Everyone is welcome to come, except for haters,non-supporters,bigots.

So this is an private event.

This night isn't targeting the general public either(kid section of the park is closed and so is BB)

Only people that really come are Supporters(family members or friends of a gay person they know) Gays & Lesbians and Gay organizations.

Edit: I actually pretty sure the KI sign displays "Closed to the public" and the next line is the "time" and then the next line is "Welcome to Pride Night"

Im pretty sure if the 'haters, non-supporters and bigots' decide to purchase a ticket to the private event on September 10, they would be granted admission. How those 'haters, non-supporters and bigots' choose to behave is, of course, their choice.

In other news - Kathy Griffin will be in Cleveland on Friday night so perhaps if 'Pride Night' isn't your thing, you could venture up north to see her as I know she is an advocate for "her gays"...

Im pretty sure if the 'haters, non-supporters and bigots' decide to purchase a ticket to the private event on September 10, they would be granted admission. How those 'haters, non-supporters and bigots' choose to behave is, of course, their choice.

In other news - Kathy Griffin will be in Cleveland on Friday night so perhaps if 'Pride Night' isn't your thing, you could venture up north to see her as I know she is an advocate for "her gays"...

Im Proud to be Gay every day.. I think Im a overall Happy person. Think they'd let me Go and Hand out Gospel tracks gayly to all the "Happy" People there? I think that would be an Overall Gay opprutunity to share the Gospel or Jesus Christ.Sounds like a Gay Day to me :)

For your safety, I recommend not doing that. If you go there with the mind set of preaching , it will be a waste of a trip. If these people wanted too listen about the "Gospel or Jesus" they would go to church, NOT KI. You will be removed from KI property by KI security and If you don't follow their instructions, Mason police will have no problem explaining them too you.

Also KI has a strict No soliciting policy. Even if you buy a ticket and you go inside the park and try to put on a preaching act, you will cause a disturbance and since KI is private property you don't have the right to "protest" so to say. Either way you look at it, your KI pride night will be short lived.

Now it will be a different story if you come out and support and have fun and just ride the rides.

Also don't reply back too this quote if you have a disagreement, Call the parks HR.

Many bigots and haters have bought tickets to get in to Pride Night, If they cause a scene in the park, they ALWAYS get kicked off KI property.

Last year a man was trying to hand out "Word of god on homosexuality" pamphlets in the park during pride night, He found himself with many of his pamphlets and 45 dollars in the hole after getting kicked out.

Also KI security is always on full alert for events such as these , as they too are aware that people might buy tickets and come in the park and cause a disruption.

Okay, this may sound silly, but I know in the past, if you were a member of the GLBT community you wore Red, is this happening this year?

No, red was for public days if I remember correctly. Mostly everyone you see at KI friday night will be gay so no need to stand out :P