Brainstorming for a Proposed KINGS COURT Club

bkroz

Here's my two cents on it.

Personally, I think it should at least be attempted. And I'm not just saying it in hopes of getting some ERT or something. Yes, it's going to be tricky to pull together as it stands. Yes, like other people have said, the whole "work" aspect would be especially troublesome. And I'm not about to deny that, because the logic makes sense. Having workers that aren't really hired by the park yet do work seems, from a layman's perspective, to be a legal nightmare. And I agree.

But still, do try. Just because you won't be able to instantly grab the camo netting and go to town on The Crypt's ride chamber doesn't mean this still isn't a great idea. Even if it amounts to just a "Live 5@5," that's still a step closer to being able to contact the park directly. Even if they don't always take advantage of suggestions we might provide, this would still absolutely be an unparalleled source of involvement with something we all really do love.

Yes, unparalleled. As great of a site this is, the arguments that "this is what KIC does" just don't click with me. Where's the direct contact with people who can change and order things within the park? Knowing that they read the forums is okay- but that's all it is. We can do anything from nicely suggest to downright demand things from the park on here, but when it's all said and done, our suggestions are half-noteworthy at best. After all, our suggestions can be taken either as "a great idea I heard from our fans" or as "just some thoughts by some passioned park enthusiasts we need not worry about". A Kings Court would be- assuming we use our earpiece wisely- valued, respected, and exciting. Meeting with the Court could be something management would look forward to- and by all means, we should make it something to look forward to!

Which brings me to my next point: were this to happen, we couldn't dare abuse our stance with the park. We would need to realize that the park by no means owes us anything and that this is NOT some means by which we can start unloading our demands. Nobody's going to enjoy attending some meeting where all they hear is "bring back the Eagles," "fix _____ theming," "take off The Beast trims," and "tear down/open/remodel Son of Beast". That's not being a great source of park guest information- that's just plain being annoying. And I think being too persistent in those needs, important as we feel they are, would be a tempting action but the Court's quickest downfall.

Does that mean a Court should just be a rowdy band of people who tell the park what it wants to hear? Absolutely not! What I'm saying is that theming, for instance, may- may, not is- be something the park could stand to hear-- but when approached, it should be first and foremost respectful. Realize that the park officials may actually agree quite a bit with your points but simply isn't in a position to carry your requests. After all, wasn't it just last month that we had a debt management firm bidding for the right to own Kings Island and several other parks?!

If we can keep this mature and respectful, yet lighthearted and helpful, then I think this is a prime opportunity for both the park and for ourselves. But if a couple of nay-sayers are going to shoot this down, then by all means send me the contact information and let the park know I'll be stopping by soon.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but I'm sure they covered a few streets in that time. ;)

-Alex, who's had quite a while since he's posted this much.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the problem here is all talk. No one has actually contacted Don or someone else about doing this. We all sit behind our computers and wait for another person to do something about it. This is how WWII started...that and appeasment :) Sorry, AP US History test tommrow..I am scared lol

I have contacted the park via a number I was provided by the 5@5 answerer who said he would love to discuss it in person and set up a meeting. I called a few times in the weeks leading up to my visit, have reminded the answerer of 5@5 by bringing it up there, and have yet to receive a reply. At this point, I have begun to think that they may have "passed" on the idea... Besides, I was careful to call in the weeks leading up to my visit because I live four hours from the park, and cannot simply skip over there some evening the way some people here can - I wanted to have a meeting on the weekend that I was there. That weekend has passed.

I'm usually there four days a month or so, but I do not know when my next trip will be, and sort of don't expect a call back from the park at this point anyway. Sorry for getting everyone drummed up... :wacko: I will, of course, continue to try to get in contact with the park until I hear a straight answer one way or the other!

I was thinking about the Court idea today, while staring dismally at the graffiti on the saucer's interior while waiting in FoF's queue.

I think it's a fantastic idea, and it would benefit CF/KI to embrace it.

There's seriously graffiti in the saucer? It wasn't there last year...

The part that kills me is that it would be so easy to remove/clean/paint over. It's all fairly light in color, and it's not overly noticeable unless you're, say, a single rider because your family consists of chickens who wouldn't ride, and are looking around at the themeing instead of chatting with people. One of the bits has been there long enough for someone to go through a breakup (name I can't remember loves someone whose name has been covered) - it's on the top of the doorway (for lack of a better description) as you enter the saucer.

On a related note, I'm waiting for the dust bunnies on the props surrounding the saucer to rise up and take over the park.

I, for one, welcome our new dust bunny overlords.

• 2 weeks later...

If this falls through, there should at least be a KI Garden Club. ;p Get a bunch of seniors in there to improve the landscaping or something. Sheesh.

Not so nice! Younger people can not garden? As Terpy said "ageist". That was funny, lol. Although it is a cool idea, it is not going to be a reality. Kings Island does not need outsiders coming in wanting to change things.

I was thinking about the Court idea today, while staring dismally at the graffiti on the saucer's interior while waiting in FoF's queue.

I think it's a fantastic idea, and it would benefit CF/KI to embrace it.

Yeesh, did you see the huge section of paint that got peeled off during a Math and Science Day, on the doorway from the bend in the queue into the loading area? Some people... :angry: