What You'll See This Saturday at Kings Island!

Spring is here!

It's that time - the time to wake from your offseason slumber and take a long-awaited spin on Diamondback, The Racer and of course The Beast as Kings Island opens its doors to the public for the first time in 2010 this Saturday!

What's new for 2010? Planet Snoopy, of course! Join Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang as they bring a whole new life to Kings Island's award-winning kids section in 2010! Far from just an ordinary retheme, Planet Snoopy brightens up the former Nickelodeon Universe and features some of the most recognizable cartoon characters in the world today.

Speaking of Planet Snoopy, there’s a brand new show set to debut with the park’s opening this Saturday called “Charlie Brown’s Hoedown!” Join Charlie Brown, Linus and Lucy as they head over to Grandma’s farm in this fun-filled musical sing-a-long for the kids. This show opens with the park on Saturday in Planet Snoopy and the show times will be 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 4:00 and 5:00.

Do you watch way too much TV? Maybe you do, but that’s not always a bad thing! Also opening with the park this Saturday, “Way Too Much TV” will celebrate the past 50 years of television sitcoms with some of the most memorable intro songs in the history of television. "You'll want to see this one [Way Too Much TV] more than once” said Don Helbig, Public Relations Area Manager for Kings Island. This show debuts Saturday, April 17th in the Festhaus and show times are 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:30 and 6:00.

To see a special preview of Planet Snoopy, “Charlie Brown’s Hoedown” and “Way Too Much TV” by following the link below:

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

Hmm... With the new show in Festhaus I'd say it's safe to assume that Down Home Country is done for? I can finally settle down in there to eat in peace?! This may be the best news I've gotten all week :)

Totally looking forward to both of these shows though, and spending a significant portion of my day riding rides and taking pictures in Planet Snoopy!

I cannot wait to actually sit down and eat in the Festhaus and enjoy this show I am an avid old sitcom fan and this just intrigues me. Looks like we have some more changes to look forward to on Saturday. Last time I was looking forward to opening day this much was probably when the ride names got officially changed and The Racer turned forwards on both sides. I still remember the night before opening day on YouTube watching the video that WLWTTV posted about the changes. 2 more days, come on Saturday!! (Actually only 1 day 23 hours and 28 minutes, for Gold Pass holders)

Justin I hate to make your week worse but Down Home Country will still be playing this season. If it makes you feel better though it wont open until like June 4th or 5th.

I'm definitely looking forward to Way Too Much TV though. I've been looking forward to it since I heard about it last November. I have alot of friends from last season in the show so I believe this show will be very good! You can bet I'll be at the 1 PM show to watch!

Thanks for the review Ryan, I definitely appreciate it.

anyone notice what they wont see? action theater, which appears to have been shuffled under the rug. No news at all since months ago, and that really, really disappoints me. Also, i think its hilarious that on the poll on the website, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is the least thing people were excited about opening day, Blue Ice cream even is beating it!

I'm excited too, Jackson! Most of my trip report will be pictures of Planet Snoopy. It fit in quite well in two other former Paramount Parks (Kings Dominion and Carowinds) and I'm thinking it'll fit in as planned at Kings Island.

I plan on doing the Planet Snoopy thing either next Saturday or the following with the family. This Saturday, I want to ride coasters with my KIC friends and remove my coaster withdraw jitters! I do want to walk through and see it though for sure!

IMG_9879_copy.jpg

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how Cedar Fair does theming.

I officially give Planet Snoopy 3 thumbs up, and I only have 2! I can't wait to see the entire area!

I really don't like that they left the orange tarps for the line...

I like the orange, but I think it would have been a little better had they had a little orange on the train as well. It would have went together a little better. Although, blue and orange compliment each other well. See Vortex for instance!