Math and Science days

coasterville

Well, it would appear I have an over abundance of PTO hours at work, and due to being almost maxed out, I need to burn some. I noticed the park is open on Fridays from 10-10, but also noticed its Math/Science Days.

I did check the FAQ and it says its a public day, and as such passes and tickets are honored. So, while part of me thinks "It's a friday in spring, how bad can it be" the other part of me says "It's school field trip days, and I know what those can be like"

Trying to decide if I want to go to the park on a Friday in May, or if there will be so many kids at the park, that it wouldn't be worth it. I'm thinking of the old adage "A lousy day on the golf coruse is better than..." I'm also thinking that around 2 or 3, a lot of those field trip groups will start to head home, giving a couple hours before the after work crowd hits.

I note from the rides listing that it looks like Planet Snoopy will be closed along with the water rides, train, Eiffel Tower, Scrambler, Monster, Troika, Action FX Theater, Son of Beast, and Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Thoughts? I mean I have a platinum pass which includes parking, so it's not like I'd be out anything.

I went last year on a Friday in May around 6 or so and didn't realize it was Math and Science Day. The crowds weren't terrible, but I mainly rode Diamondback as a single rider, so take that for what it's worth. Firehawk and FOF didn't produce but about 15-20 minute wait, so considering how crowded those can be, that wasn't bad. If the crowds were like last year, it shouldn't be enough to not go.

I went last year on a Friday, the day before HW's opening day. It wasn't that bad. Sure, there were lots of kids, but for the most part they were pretty well behaved and the crowd wasn't bad at all. In fact, in my TR, I referred to it as "Walk-On Friday". Here's my TR in case you're interested: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17238&view=findpost&p=294819.

I'm playing hooky from work on 4/30 to go to KI. I'm trying to make it an annual event the day before HW's opening day. We had a good group get together last year on that day, so if anyone wants to go, the more the merrier!

I was there for Math and Science day about 2 years ago, and the crowds werent too bad. However the kids there that day were very rude i had a group of about 7 line jump almost all the way to the front and receive no punishment.

Does anyone know if there will be limited ride availability on Friday April 23 when the park is open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.? I know CP has limited ride availability on Friday nights during their Halloweekends. Just asking because of CP's policy and the way things are set up for the following Friday at KI.