Are There FREE Handouts For Season Pass Holders Opening Day?

PKISecurity

I'm sorry...but I haven't attened an Opening Day Event while holding a Season Pass. The wife doesn't want to arrive at 9am if it's going to be 40 degrees out. She's thinking more like 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I don't want to miss out on any FREE loot in the morning. So, does anybody know for sure if were going to miss anything by not being there fiirst thing? Thanks.

I was hoping for a KI lanyard for my season pass being that you have to show it off to get discounts on games, food and shopping. It would make it easier than carrying a wallet or fanny pack. T-Shirts for the first couple thousand or Free front of the line pass for "anyride" would be great. Just some type of perk for Opening day you know?

Two years ago on opening day did'nt they hand out free cans of energy drinks I got like 3 cans.

I know multiple times last year and the year before, there was a large Full Throttle truck outside the front gates giving cans away for free.

Interpreter...You're Too Funny! I thought my portion of cutting KI's deficiate was paying the $360 for my family to get in on Opening Day!

It would take 2,777,778 million families of four at $360 to demolish their $1 BILLION of debt. Do you think they might make it laugh.gif ?

tongue.gif !!!

Two years ago on opening day did'nt they hand out free cans of energy drinks I got like 3 cans.

I know multiple times last year and the year before, there was a large Full Throttle truck outside the front gates giving cans away for free.

I just thought of this...Having worked Security when it was PKI, giving cans of energy drinks (Full Throttle Being My Personal Favorite) is the crummiest idear yet! Four options there:

1) You run it back to your car so that it can save for later, so it gets all nice and warm plus, so you can walk and extra mile for the day

2) You give it up at the Metel Detectors because no outside drinks are allowed in the park and the Security Team Can Then Parties Like A Rock Star behind the scenes with the confiscated Drinks during shift rotation...(JUST KIDDING) They get tossed but not a bad idea though LOL!

3) You suck down the 20oz can of Energy Juice Immediately and be totally hyped for the next 6hrs before entering the gates

4) -or- Just don't take one and lose out

I'll take option number 3, but still a bad idea!

They were still giving away those CF jackets last year at CP to those that purchased a season pass.

When I renewed my platinum pass there last October, I asked the employee about the promotion package my CP email said I should have received. He told me he was out of the packages (a CF jacket and bring a friend for $9.99 before 2009 season ends coupon). Funny the email did not list a time limit, and obviously supplies were very limited. On the bright side, I renewed for $145 :)

I remember back in the day Sea World in Aurora, OH handed out snacks (pretzels, peanuts) as guests left the park. I miss those days.

in 2005, or 2006, around the time vault was just rolling out they handed it like free candy for a whole week or so in august around the park. it was AWESOME. i remember getting them and being so happy because it was amazing, its to this day been one of my favorite sodas.

So is anyone at the park? Did they give you anything other then a great ride on Diamondback?

Nope, nothing at all for gold passers. they did give a treat to NON gold passers though by allowing them to enter the park 10 minutes early past the front blockade and flooding the park at 950...

If you don't think that was priced into the season pass price...you ain't much of a marketer! :)

Terpy..."there is no such thing as a free lunch"

Well, even when Paramount gave out the season pass lanyards it wasn't exactly like they were standing out on Kings Island Drive giving them away. You had to have entered the park... and likely they made money in some way, shape or fashion by you having access to the park.

Then again, is anything really free?

I remember back in the day Sea World in Aurora, OH handed out snacks (pretzels, peanuts) as guests left the park. I miss those days.

SWO had a free carnival(games and food type deal) for its season pass holders at the end of the season, they knew how to treat its pass holders.

Back in 2005, while working at a certain location outside of the public view, Coke gave us cases of Coke Zero for us to drink! That sure hit the spot along with all the tons of free food the ladies working there used to bring in! Beings Coke is our soft drink provider, I ask a question while working there: "When will we be given cases of Bud for us to drink and sample? After all, they are our beer sponsor!" You can imagine the answer that I received! I ask that to my manager Dawn and Nikki when she paid a visit to my work location.