Cheetah Hunt

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large, important update at BGTGuide - http://bgtguide.com/...1/photosapril26

LOTS of work going on now. I'm still curious as to when the water portion on Rhino Rally will be closed

Right now rumors are saying possibly by June, but we all know how plans can change. Also of interest in one of the updates at BGTGuide, another trademark was uncovered.....Cheetakah. Jack Hannah also let it slip up, intentional or not, in one of his presentations at the Park last week that BGT would indeed be getting a new cheetah exhibit next year. Just a little more to go with the rumored theme and name.

- Todd

• 1 month later...

http://bgtguide.com/...11/photosjune10

The water portion on Rhino Rally has been closed forever. The new track work on the train is complete. It looks as though footers are going to be poured sometime soon.

I'm immensely excited to see what comes out of this. I went to Busch Gardens in 2007 and loved it, and I don't believe this will disappoint.

Yep, Rhino Rally's water portion actually closed over a month ago.

* Sky Ride has now closed for the rest of 2010 and likely into parts of early 2011.

* Footers actually have started to be poured behind what will become the station.

* Still hearing Maverick-esq ride with multiple smaller trains :-)

* Random note, the new Walkabout Way opened with its Kangaroo interactions and such

With Potter officially opening in less than 24 hours, this is the next big thing to watch down here.....looking forward to details.

L

http://bgtnation.blo...pathway_19.html

Very large update from BGTNation, including a new sign that was put up.

If I were you, I would be expecting an announcement from Busch Gardens in the near future.

Indeed, but not until all the Potter buzz dies off. You can also stay tuned for some exciting news coming out of Discovery Cove as well as some news from SeaWorld and the 2010 Christmas Celebration!

Hmm.... very interesting, this brings back memories from about two years ago when KI did a similar thing for Diamondback! Rumors are saying the new coaster will be themed with Cheetahs, but BGA already has Cheetah Chase. And also, I don't remember cheetahs living in Crown Colony... so I'm guessing it won't be cheetah themed at all. The tribal music makes me feel like it'll have some type of theme related to that, but I can't think of what that may be. I'll just have to wait til' they announce it!

The new pathway from Nairobi to Edge of Africa opened up yesterday! As some minor details are now being wrapped up there, the focus will now shift to the coaster. RCPro has a new update from yesterday. Lots of clearing up by the former Clydesdale Hamlet giving a better picture of the amount of real estate that this thing is going to cover near the front of the park.

- Todd

• 2 months later...

Once again, some concept art was leaked from one of the contractor's websites. It would seem that Cheetaka is the name of the coaster, as many suspected. The concept art details a lot more about how the former monorail station and skyride entrance will be transformed. It looks wonderful, seems to be following the trend that Manta set in that it will be combining thrills with animal interactions. I find the themed supports to be a nice touch, especially those that are out on the savannah and that cross over the new Edge of Africa pathway. Hopefully all the details will be spilled soon.

Cheetaka Concept Art

Take a look while you can, I have a feeling that those pictures may soon disappear.

• 2 weeks later...

Early rumors has been that this will be the next launched Blitz coaster... Sort of like a sequel to Maverick. Makes sense, since a ride of that type (long, slightly inclined launch, tight, ground-hugging turns through a savannah, into tunnels, hidden second launch) would fit the rumored cheetah theme really well. Especially considering that many have said this will be in the vein of "Manta," where it interacts with an animal exhibit. Imagine a roller coaster speeding "through" an actual cheetah exhibit, where they may be jumping and bounding and running alongside you.

*enter from left* Hi, I'm really excited for this coaster *exit to right*

*enter from left* I think it could end up being either something like Maverick, as previously stated *exit to right*

*enter from left* ... or it could quite possibly be a strata coaster *exit to right*

*enter from left* I realized that Maverick doesn't have 4 tubed track so... We'll see. *Run to the right*

*enter from left* I realized that Maverick doesn't have 4 tubed track so... We'll see. *Run to the right*

No, but it does alternate between two & three, while Millennium & Intimidator alternate between 2 and 4. Meanwhile, iSpeed (the other Blitz coaster) alternates between 2, 3, and 4. I don't know the reasoning, but I don't think that seeing any one style limits what model the ride could be...

I'm pretty sure the reason for the different types of track are for the length in between supports. If there is a really long stretch between supports then you go with box, if it's short between supports then bi-rail, medium = tri rail, and extemely long = I305 style. Also force from the train might have something to do with that. Supports use a lot of steel so if the structure is high off the ground you are going to want as few supports as possible and use a lot of box track. There must be a formula that decides which track to use and which supports to use in order to make the ride strong but as cheap as possible. There are probably a lot of other factors like landscape and cheetahs to consider but I believe that to be the gist of it.

Definitely a successor to Maverick... Wouldn't you say? The twisting transitions, the awkward throw-you-on-your-side-for-no-particular-reason-then-straighten-you-back-out portions... Yep! Ride Sally, Ride.

Also, what a beautiful animation... Wow.

Definitely a successor to Maverick... Wouldn't you say? The twisting transitions, the awkward throw-you-on-your-side-for-no-particular-reason-then-straighten-you-back-out portions... Yep! Ride Sally, Ride.

Also, what a beautiful animation... Wow.

[/quote

I'd definitely say a successor to Maverick! I'm very, very curious to see how the beginning portion of the ride turns out....especially after seeing the tower of supports for the figure 8 section. It would seem that the launch isn't in that trench at all, like some were initially thinking. I can't wait until all is revealed. After seeing how beautifully Manta turned out, I have no doubt that this attraction will showcase the attention to quality that the Parks have become known for.

Park release another teaser today, but this time its a GOOD one....its a short clip of the animation for the ride! This gives us a good view of the two trenches that the ride will dive into. Announcement is mid-October.....

http://www.buschgardens2011.com/

code word is chase

- Todd

Todd - thanks for posting and providing the code word! I do think this looks interesting.

So based upon the composite layout in the link below, this is the portion of the ride coming out of the figure eight and heading to the top of the map. Makes me think the figure eight should be pretty forceful as the speed will need to be pretty good to carry through the portion of the course the clip shows.

Sorry for the double post, but I do believe this will interest many of you.

http://bgtguide.com/...t/composite-map