Cheetah Hunt

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*enter from left* Hi, I'm really excited for this coaster *exit to right*

*enter from left* I think it could end up being either something like Maverick, as previously stated *exit to right*

*enter from left* ... or it could quite possibly be a strata coaster *exit to right*

*enter from left* I realized that Maverick doesn't have 4 tubed track so... We'll see. *Run to the right*

Todd - thanks for posting and providing the code word! I do think this looks interesting.

So based upon the composite layout in the link below, this is the portion of the ride coming out of the figure eight and heading to the top of the map. Makes me think the figure eight should be pretty forceful as the speed will need to be pretty good to carry through the portion of the course the clip shows.

Yes, the portion in the video is from just after the figure 8 until just before the run out into the Rhino Rally portion. I'm very intrigued with the figure 8 portion. After viewing the themed support structure for it, I'm wondering if we may still see some type of vertical or beyond vertical Maverick-esq drop from the top of the tower down into the trench?

- Todd

I don't like the green track.

I think the green track blends quite nicely;

I believe the track is supposed to be like the tall grasses you see in the African Savannah, and the trains will look like actual cheetahs, sort of how Diamondback's trains look like snakes.

Note marlfox_21 put his own comments inside the quote from me.

I have not said what my favorite park is here, but I have indicated many times that Busch Gardens Tampa is among my favorite parks. As is Great Adventure, Disneyland, California's Adventure, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Knoebel's Amusement Resort, etc.

- The layout does seem a little unusual and doesn't scream excitement

- It's probably because we aren't used to seeing rides from this point of view and can't tell elevation, ride elements, or speed from it

Bottom line, there are things I just don't get from looking at this composite (but I'm not supposed to am I)

Remembered I said this back when the composite layout was first seen.

Now, seeing the teaser clips, I'd say:

- This ride is starting to scream excitement (Maverick type turns low to the ground through this terrain at BGT - yeah, that's exciting

- Input for the next marketing department - release the teaser clips first, then the layout. Layouts just don't do a ride justice

Remembered I said this back when the composite layout was first seen.

Now, seeing the teaser clips, I'd say:

- This ride is starting to scream excitement (Maverick type turns low to the ground through this terrain at BGT - yeah, that's exciting

- Input for the next marketing department - release the teaser clips first, then the layout. Layouts just don't do a ride justice

Well, keep in mind that layout that you are referring to was unintentionally leaked out because some nosey enthusiasts were snooping on the construction company's website. It has since been protected and is no longer accessible. I still don't understand how people, not talking about you KIfan, are assuming it is a less intense version of Maverick? Of the two short clips that have revealed only a small fraction of the layout, it is very Maverick-esq with the low to ground turns, quick transitions and such....but not seeing how it can be deemed less intense? It also is still unknown if it has inversions or not. In the first clip that was revealed, toward the end, you can see the segment of track that starts to jump over to the former river portion of Rhino Rally.....it resembles a heartline roll but it isn't quite clear enough to tell for sure. The ride won't be everyone's cup of tea, which is fine.....I personally find Diamondback to be relatively dull and mundane while others think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. To each their own.

- Todd

I agree with Delirium Guy. You can't judge a coaster yet that 1. Hasn't even been released yet, and 2. You haven't even ridden it. Seeing a top view blueprint does no justice. Just look a Diamondback, look at it from the top and its just straight lines. From the two teasers I have seen, it looks to be an impressive experience that all will enjoy. Not all coasters have to have inversions to be fun.

^That's what I thought. Also, at the end of clip one, I believe I see an inversion at the far right corner... hmm...

It does somewhat resemble a heartline roll. It also seems as though there may be another possible inversion within the Rhino Rally canyons. Of course, that isn't confirmed yet. The figure 8 is definitely different, but Iooks like it could turn out to be quite fun! Looking like there could be some nice airtime in the front seat as the train crests that hill after the launch and also some potential on that sudden drop off down into trench 2. Sheikra_rocks is correct though, play clip 3 followed by clip 1.....you begin with the turn over the former Clydesdale area and end up all the way out to the portion that jumps over to the Rhino Rally canyon.

A few things that are confirmed from the plans that were leaked:

* Trains will be 4-cars each, holding 16 passengers total....number of trains is still unknown

* Dual loading stations like Maverick

* 3 launches.....one immediately out of station, second one is in Clip 3, the third one is just prior to where Clip 2 starts out of the Rhino Rally area

^That's what I thought. Also, at the end of clip one, I believe I see an inversion at the far right corner... hmm...

It does somewhat resemble a heartline roll. It also seems as though there may be another possible inversion within the Rhino Rally canyons. Of course, that isn't confirmed yet. The figure 8 is definitely different, but Iooks like it could turn out to be quite fun! Looking like there could be some nice airtime in the front seat as the train crests that hill after the launch and also some potential on that sudden drop off down into trench 2. Sheikra_rocks is correct though, play clip 3 followed by clip 1.....you begin with the turn over the former Clydesdale area and end up all the way out to the portion that jumps over to the Rhino Rally canyon.

A few things that are confirmed from the plans that were leaked:

* Trains will be 4-cars each, holding 16 passengers total....number of trains is still unknown

* Dual loading stations like Maverick

* 3 launches.....one immediately out of station, second one is in Clip 3, the third one is just prior to where Clip 2 starts out of the Rhino Rally area

I'm predicting that this will be one of, if not the best, roller coaster out there today... It has all the incredible elements of Maverick, and (from the videos) the elements of themeing and interaction that Maverick promised, but ultimately opened without. "Grace" really is the perfect way to describe that element in clip 3... Wow. Imagine the smoothness, the speed, the force...

Yes, I will be making the trip to Florida for this one... No question about it.

I'm predicting that this will be one of, if not the best, roller coaster out there today... It has all the incredible elements of Maverick, and (from the videos) the elements of themeing and interaction that Maverick promised, but ultimately opened without. "Grace" really is the perfect way to describe that element in clip 3... Wow. Imagine the smoothness, the speed, the force...

Yes, I will be making the trip to Florida for this one... No question about it.

Well, I'm not going to go so far as to say that. Easily my most anticipated ride in a while though and I'll be very, very happy if it turns out to be that incredible of a ride since I'm only 45 minutes away! Between Kumba, Montu, then this....BGT's coaster collection is going to be hard to resist visiting on a frequent basis. The combination of elements and theming are really going to elevate the ride experience, the drop from the figure 8 down into trench #2 looks great! I'm just imagining already how different that area of the park is going to look next year, as it has always been a relatively dead spot in its former days. I am glad to see for former Clydesdale area being utilized in the form of the new outdoor Cheetah exhibit, though after seeing that on the plans I'm wondering how the queue is going to interact with it, if at all. I am not sure we will see the queue be quite as intertwined with the exhibit as the one found on Manta, but then again there could be some surprises they still have in store. Should be finding out everything in a few weeks!