Opening Days Questions!

bkroz

I couldn't be there for opening day (though i'll be there next weekend!) and have a few questions for those who could!

Flight of Fear - red & purple spotlights on, or not?

The Crypt - changes? new music? bat operating?

Boo Blasters - beats Scooby? any surprises to look forward to?

Diamondback - how does the splashdown look?

Backlot Stunt Coaster - how do the cars look? do we still have flames?

I have a few, too...

1.) Was the Festhaus Clock in operation?

2.) Were any of the Wild Thornberries theme items kept? (The snake, 'spitting' coconuts, old spiel, etc.)

3.) How does Bubba Gump look?, or is it Outer Hanks?

4.) Does Flying Ace Aerial Chase have any special theme items? (Like a reptar replacement...?)

5.) How does the overall Planet Snoopy area look, compared to Nick Universe?

6.) How do the new shows compare to their old counterparts? (Way too much TV, Charlie Brown Hoe Down, anything else?)

7.) Have there been any unanticipated changes in the park?

1.) Was the Festhaus Clock in operation?

I didn't really pay attention, but I did go in the Festhaus.

2.) Were any of the Wild Thornberries theme items kept? (The snake, 'spitting' coconuts, old spiel, etc.)

A lot of the theme was kept, it looked like Wild Thornberries still.

3.) How does Bubba Gump look?, or is it Outer Hanks?

Outer Hanks looked fine, not much different - just that big SHRIMP sign.

4.) Does Flying Ace Aerial Chase have any special theme items? (Like a reptar replacement...?)

Nope. I was dissappointed, all it was was just a sign.

Almost the same, but brighter colors.

6.) How do the new shows compare to their old counterparts? (Way too much TV, Charlie Brown Hoe Down, anything else?)

I didn't get to watch any shows, since they start at 1:00.

Nope, not really. Everything's good old the same.

Sorry for double post

HAH. There's no point in spotlights when you could see perfectly where the train was going! It looked lighter than usual.

Didn't ride the Crypt.....not very interested....

Mmm it was OK. Scooby had a better theme, mainly, well, just because it was Scooby!

Kind of brown. Not clean, but OK. It is only opening day, so I would expect it to be clean enough.

Yes, we still have flames - and I didn't pay attention to the cars.

Didn't ride, but from what I've heard yes.

Again, from what I've heard, nothing new.

YES! Much better then Scooby! Many of the same gags and scenes, but there is one awesome element at the end. I guess I'll wait a week or two for everyone to ride it before I can discuss it.

Splashdown doesn't look that disgusting, but not great.

Red car: VOMIT! Blue Car: Could be worse. White Car: Creamcicle!

Was the Festhaus Clock in operation?

I think so.

Were any of the Wild Thornberries theme items kept? (The snake, 'spitting' coconuts, old spiel, etc.)

The "Outpost" looked similar, but there was a Mill plume of water, the Finish line, and the kids cheering. Behind the kids sits a model of snoopy, who Spits on you like the Elephant. But not as hard.

How does Bubba Gump look?, or is it Outer Hanks?

It's Outer Hanks, and all they did was move the doorway entrance.

Does Flying Ace Aerial Chase have any special theme items? (Like a reptar replacement...?)

The sign is a bit underwhelming, and they play Peanuts episodes on the T.V.s. The seats are still purple and the restraints are still yellow, but the rest of the car is red.

How does the overall Planet Snoopy area look, compared to Nick Universe?

Much better. Cobblestones and Concrete instead of asfault, much more vibrant and colorful, signs are better, the entry plaza rocks, all they need are more Snoopy characters.

How do the new shows compare to their old counterparts? (Way too much TV, Charlie Brown Hoe Down, anything else?)

Didn't see any.

Have there been any unanticipated changes in the park?

Quite a few, I'll post a topic about it.

Is Action Theatre closed?

Nope, and it's still playing Spongebob.

IS SOB sign removed or just covered? (Or just has a "Closed for the rest of the season" sign)

The crate is still there, but the "Son of Beast" in the crate is covered up.

No changes, at all... music is the same, and The Bat was operating great! our cycle did get that halt grinding it sometimes does mid ride, and took like 3 minutes to line up to the ramps but it was all ok and operational.

same as last year, didnt really smell or anything.

i think it looks newer. even though there really wasnt THAT much difference, the new paint jobs really show, and the coasters really SHINE. It gives the appearance that it is much better than it was...

Well they did have quite a few recycling bins, more than i had expected... they let the General Public in 10 minutes early, which was extremely irritating (although i did talk to guest services and they said it was a one time thing to show off planet snoop a little early, but still..) also, as they said at the 5@5 Flight of Fear brought back the pictures, and they were operating today! Also, at the end of wild thornberries they have a lazy snoopy misting you with water in place of the elephant... and for some reason they had congo falls and white water canyon operating despite the chilly temps, but only one racer...

1) Is Action Theatre closed?

Yes, sadly it was. I did talk to some guest services person whos name i will not disclose who said that they were trying out new movies, and that it would NOT be spongebob 3d. take that with a grain of salt, ill see it when it happens. it honestly was the biggest letdown of the trip.

WHAT? granted, i did go by early on in the day, but it wasnt open when i stopped by... i did notice nothing had changed around it but that really upsets me. Im hoping that what guest services told me was true, but i would doubt it if they were playing spongebob today.....

WHAT? granted, i did go by early on in the day, but it wasnt open when i stopped by... i did notice nothing had changed around it but that really upsets me. Im hoping that what guest services told me was true, but i would doubt it if they were playing spongebob today.....[/size]

It was closed (trash can blocking entrance) when we went by to see if anything had been changed...Spongebob sign was still there though.

No changes, at all... music is the same, and The Bat was operating great! our cycle did get that halt grinding it sometimes does mid ride, and took like 3 minutes to line up to the ramps but it was all ok and operational.

Sigh...

For some reason, I actually thought the park would look into some of the simple suggestions for this ride that have been presented to them. I guess I need to stop getting my hopes up.

No changes at all as far as I could tell.

It pwns Scooby, by a lot. Tons of surprises. I won't give anything away.

Still flames, but the trains look ugly. Jackson, Josh and I all agreed.

IS SOB sign removed or just covered? (Or just has a "Closed for the rest of the season" sign)

Just covered up

Great, very colorful

1. My opinion I like Snoopy a lot better.

2. Only theming on the cars I saw were license plates.

I have a few, too...

Was the Festhaus Clock in operation?

Does Flying Ace Aerial Chase have any special theme items? (Like a reptar replacement...?)

How does the overall Planet Snoopy area look, compared to Nick Universe?

1. Nope

2. Didn't see anything special other then the train just sitting there.

3. I actually loved it.

2) IS SOB sign removed or just covered? (Or just has a "Closed for the rest of the season" sign)

1.Its playing Spongebob 3-d.

2.The box is still there but the name is gone.

Have there been any unanticipated changes in the park?

The Character Carousel has no characters displayed upon it. However, I did not ride it, so I cannot say whether this ride, nonetheless, has character.

Yeah I saw that as well. I thought it was odd that its called the "Character" Carousel, but all I saw were horses.

Some other changes that I noticed today. It appears that the ride crew at the train are sporting new uniforms. They are more similar to the overalls that the engineers actually driving the train wear. And, it appears that the train will be receiving some new railroad ties, as there were several ties located on the side of the tracks throughout the ride.

Yes, sadly it was. I did talk to some guest services person whos name i will not disclose who said that they were trying out new movies, and that it would NOT be spongebob 3d. take that with a grain of salt, ill see it when it happens. it honestly was the biggest letdown of the trip.

WHAT? granted, i did go by early on in the day, but it wasnt open when i stopped by... i did notice nothing had changed around it but that really upsets me. Im hoping that what guest services told me was true, but i would doubt it if they were playing spongebob today.....

While I was on The Racer I noticed some Kings Island Staff working on the sign where you pick which movie you were going to see. Not really for sure if that means anything but they did have a ladder and it seemed like they were doing something with it. Also I did see people in line so it seemed to be open I think that was around 12:30.

Some other changes that I noticed today. It appears that the ride crew at the train are sporting new uniforms. They are more similar to the overalls that the engineers actually driving the train wear. And, it appears that the train will be receiving some new railroad ties, as there were several ties located on the side of the tracks throughout the ride.

I like there new uniforms. I wouldn't want to wear them though!

Some things I noticed is your no longer aloud in the old queue line for Flight commander, I didn't see the lights on Diamondback's lift hill turned on until around ten, there is a new fence next to exit on Viking fury where people used to walk on frequently(I think the fence was there during haunt), the Dodgem exit is no longer at the other side of ride, on the park map the Eurobobbles are listed as Launch pad, The Eiffel Tower does not change colors right now, and the last thing I noticed was the Fountains turned blueish other then staying red. I only remember them stying red.