Closed Rides

chaddie

Agree that it was disappointing to see so many rides down for significant times today - I'd at different times planned to ride Invertigo, Flying Ace, Race for you Life CB, and BLSC and they were all down. The good thing about Kings Island, however, is that they have enough rides that even with so much downtime there was plenty of other options - and many many more days to get those rides in.

what happen to the Flight of Fear why did it shut down for 30mins did someone get sick

I doubt that most members on here would know why it was down, and anyone who did know is not allowed to post that information pubically...

It was down for a launch issue. Maintenance came and from what I could see pushed the train back into the station. I couldn't see much cause there was this giant in front of me. But they tested the ride like 5 times, and riders were then let on the ride again... Cedarpointer if I get in trouble for "disclosing" this information... I'll give you a call. <_<

I know that this is probably not the best topic to put this, but for all of you who were at the park today, did anyone notice the very large empty space in the middle of the Coney Mall midway? There are no trees, no planters, no mulch, just.....grass. Also, the BLSC trains do look like KD, sort of, I don't think they look half bad. Although the front of the cars have no headlightsdry.gif , each of the cars have a new set of tail lights and they still have their same cool license plates on the back. The lights were on in the BLSC tunnel.

although it is a commonplace thing for Firehawk to open late in the day, i was VERY dissapointed that it did not open for the day until around 11:30. You would think with as much preparation that goes into opening day they would go extra out of their way to make sure downtime is minimal. Things happen, but i feel like it took WAY longer than it should on OPENING DAY. any other day, and i would have been fine with it, but not today.

Also The Red Racer, I don't know if it was down all day, but it was certainly crowded enough to have both running

it was still down after 12pm, when it normally opens up on medium to high attendance days. i thought it was strange to have the rougher of the bunch running, but i think they did do a little retracking on the blue side (i noticed a ton of easily spottable new wood in the middle bracing that you see immediately on most of the drops...

what happen to the Flight of Fear why did it shut down for 30mins did someone get sick

I doubt that most members on here would know why it was down, and anyone who did know is not allowed to post that information pubically...

It was down for a launch issue. Maintenance came and from what I could see pushed the train back into the station. I couldn't see much cause there was this giant in front of me. But they tested the ride like 5 times, and riders were then let on the ride again... Cedarpointer if I get in trouble for "disclosing" this information... I'll give you a call. <_<

Well, actually, I was referring to employees who would know, but whatever.

im just guessing it was closed because of the cold weather

doubtful, they had WHITE WATER CANYON and CONGO FALLS open today... whos bright idea was that? the line was nonexistant on both, with you having to wait a good minute or two to see a actual boat with people in it (waited to nail people at white water canyon and it took ten minutes to use 2 quarters... it was not cold enough to close anything for that...

The Red Racer was indeed closed all day today. And White Water Canyon was still open around 9:15 pm. The park was extremely busy most of the day.

And one can expect rides to have some bugs to work out on the first day of the season. Its the first time that they`ve been running for twelve straight hours in a while. The cold and brisk wind throughout the day certainly didn`t help things with some certain rides.

I was a bit disappointed to see Invertigo & (old) Runaway Repatar closed. Delirium & Viking Fury closed multiple times. Kind of bleh. The cold did not help either.

It valleyed I think.

Also The Red Racer, I don't know if it was down all day, but it was certainly crowded enough to have both running

I never saw the red racer running all day. Around 8ish the blue side was stick on the lift hill. I saw ride ops going up the lift hill. 

Really some kinks to work out. I think that, overall, our experience has taught us that opening day isn't really all we thought it was cracked up to be. With the cold weather, closings and staff mistakes, we'd rather let them work it out for a few weeks before we touch down on the park next year.

We noticed Invertigo, Race FYLCB, Beast, Monster, BLSC, Old Runaway Reptar (forget the new name...) closed today. We saw the clock greenery was missing, wallpaper peeling from the BH queue area (intentional?), there wasn't a big Snoopy on the Surf Dog (previous photos lead me to believe there would be, but I understand that rides can vary), and a few other things that seem 'off' today. And the crowds? A 45 minute wait for Top Gun is just weird.

Most of the staff behind registers needed help, it seemed to take forever to get anything food-related ordered. At one point we ordered a Diamondback cup at a place in Planet Snoopy (by the bumper cars). The girl told my husband that they didn't have the Diamondback cup and handed him the Fear the Four 32 oz instead, still charging us for the Diamondback. She told the hubs that the pictures on the window were from last year, and that the cup he had was the right size! Poor hubby went along with it (he's way too nice). I'm not. We quickly found ourselves back at the stand. After ten minutes of much negotiating, phone calls, button pushing, and general confusion, it was as simple as my initial suggestion: 'How about we walk over to that other food stand and grab one of their Diamondback cups for this purchase?' The manager seemed to agree, because he did just that. It was a kind of head-shaking and shrugging moment. I'm sure they'll work out these quirks once everyone settles in.

I'm wondering, besides cabin fever...what is the attraction of opening day? Maybe I just experienced an annoying one, but I'm not really seeing the advantage of hitting the park early when things aren't quite ready.

Best part of the day? Way Too Much TV. It was corny... not as funny as I thought it would be, but there was an interactive audience trivia portion and lots of tunes we could sing along to (plus..Festhaus was warm). :D I'm not sure if they rotate the actors, but Paige was in this one and my daughter got a photo with her. I believe she was the witch in Gouls Gone Wild.

well i they do alot better me and my wife had the worst lunch ever we went to the back lot stunt grill we had to sent back are hamburgers 3 times they were iced cold i think the put them on way to earily and also i think that Kings Island should make better rids for big and tall ppl im talking about a better fit i went on The Beast loved the ride but its a very tigh fit i got off the ride when it was done and im still hurtting my ribs hurt and my hip. does anybody eles agree

We were there the entire day. Invertigo never opened. Bumper cars were down while we were in that area, as was BLSC. The red racer was down for a large portion (if not all?) of the day. The Beast closed for a while as we were waiting in line. Reptar (whatever it is now) never opened. Flight of Fear was down while we were in line and Boo Blasters was down for a little while as we waited too. I joked that we brought bad luck to the rides, since everything we stood in line for had to stop at some point. Monster was also down during the evening, as was Delirium. I think that is all of the closures we encountered. It was pretty crowded today, so rides being down really added to wait times. I think we waited over an hour for the Scrambler (and were attacked by termites, ick!)

All in all, I'm pleased with our trip. The ride closings were a bit annoying, but understandable. It was the first day, afterall.

Hope everyone had a great time ;)