Increased Prices 2010 Season

TheSonofBeast

Comparatively speaking, a 20 oz Coke at a Reds game is 5.00 now. A 32 oz at Showcase is 5.00, compared to 4.25 at KI assuming you don't have a souvenir cup which is just $2.00 to fill 44 oz (if you have the Diamondback, 32 oz for others). This year Food is adding a lot of perks for Season Pass holders to give more for their money. The current meal deal at Subway is incredible, 4 6in subs 4 bags of chips and 4 drinks for 29.99. That's honestly the price at a regular Subway almost. (3.59 for 6 in subs, 1.79 for reg drink, 1.49 for chips equals 27.48). There are after 5 specials at Jukebox and Stunt Crew for 39.99 and as everyone mentioned, the backyard bbq is a great deal as well. There are even going to be perks in June for Cinnabon prepackaged at 50% off I believe for Gold pass holders. Again, I understand that many people hate the prices but that's the only way the park can afford 24 million dollar roller coasters. But as Food is concerned, they've added a lot of values to Gold Pass Holders. 7.50 for a meal at subway is a great deal.

Do they offer military discounts at the park?

I know in the Paramount years, there was a military discount. You may want to call the park to see if they still offer this. If they do, it may or may not be better than the online price, so you may want to compare the two.

Under paramount, not only did they have a great discount for military and policeman, but they also had a week ( i think the last week of weekly operation) that you could get up to 4 people in (including the military/policeman) for FREE. It was awesome! my dads a police officer, and that week was empty for the most part so it was great! I didnt have a season pass at the time (it was 2002-2003, one of those years...) so it was greatly appreciated!

Comparatively speaking, a 20 oz Coke at a Reds game is 5.00 now. A 32 oz at Showcase is 5.00, compared to 4.25 at KI assuming you don't have a souvenir cup which is just $2.00 to fill 44 oz (if you have the Diamondback, 32 oz for others). This year Food is adding a lot of perks for Season Pass holders to give more for their money. The current meal deal at Subway is incredible, 4 6in subs 4 bags of chips and 4 drinks for 29.99. That's honestly the price at a regular Subway almost. (3.59 for 6 in subs, 1.79 for reg drink, 1.49 for chips equals 27.48). There are after 5 specials at Jukebox and Stunt Crew for 39.99 and as everyone mentioned, the backyard bbq is a great deal as well. There are even going to be perks in June for Cinnabon prepackaged at 50% off I believe for Gold pass holders. Again, I understand that many people hate the prices but that's the only way the park can afford 24 million dollar roller coasters. But as Food is concerned, they've added a lot of values to Gold Pass Holders. 7.50 for a meal at subway is a great deal.

Thanks for the breakdown...When you break it down like that and compare it to outside food prices for the same product, it doesn't seem as terrible as some make it out to be. Sounds like Skyline is still marked up quite a bit though.

Thanks for the breakdown...When you break it down like that and compare it to outside food prices for the same product, it doesn't seem as terrible as some make it out to be. Sounds like Skyline is still marked up quite a bit though.

A 20 oz at the Reds game is not $5, but 4.25. The 44 oz is $5. Also you can get a 12 oz for $1 at the $1 stand along with hot dogs, peanuts, and ice cream. It is 7.75 for a beer at the Reds. Skyline at the Reds game is $4 for a cheese coney. Sportservice really marks up the prices there, though a Larosas Calzone is only 7.75 at GABP which is about the same price as the restaurants.

I found that the Rivertown buffet or whatever its called is a very good value. Not sure what the cost is this year but you have pretty much all the food choices plus ice cream and unlimited soft drinks for slightly above what you'd pay for small portions at one of the other options. Plus there's a discount for pass holders. Anyone know the cost of that for this year?

Do they offer military discounts at the park?

I know in the Paramount years, there was a military discount. You may want to call the park to see if they still offer this. If they do, it may or may not be better than the online price, so you may want to compare the two.

Actually the military discount didn't start until after Cedar Fair took over ownership if I'm not mistaken. CP has always had military discount tickets and KI started this policy after Cedar Fair took over.

Prices at KI are terrible!

For the few years that I have been going to KI, drink refills have been...........$1.99 ...... or $.99 for Gold, but that stopped after 2005 for some stupid unknown reason.

When I went to Busch Gardens Tampa last summer, drink refills were........... $.99

2 weeks ago when I went to Universal Orlando, drink refills were...................$.79 or $.89

There is NO EXCUSE for Cedar Fair to have prices so high.

There aren't enough pass perks either. They are making a bad situation worse.

• 1 month later...

I had an interesting price issue recently at Festhaus. When trying to get a refill of my kids cup - sold 100 yds away in Planet Snoopy, there was mass confusion around whether they could refill it at all. Then eventually after they did it rang up as $2.49 - more than my adult refill.

I will wait to make sure but I truly hope That Interpreters insightful guess is not true. I know many who are visiting less this year and many who no longer go to KI due to prices (That is the truth). We have cut back ourselves and looking to a KI visit soon. We have been going to other parks that are more reasonably priced and have found them to be a wonderful alternative, we do enjoy Kings Island being our home park but as long as the prices keep going up along with the gas prices we will continue to look for whats best for us financially and prudent. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

$5.99. A large Pepsi. (32 oz.) At Cedar Point. Raised just a few days ago.

$5.99. For a soda.

Sigh.

Is this a bad joke? A typo? I seriously had to read your post a few times over before it registered in my head....

Cedar Fair continues to surprise me, and not in a good way.

But yet, people are willing to wait in the lines and pay these prices. Now, if the cost of admission was say $10 to $15 higher, I`d imagine that they would not be willing to pay those prices. I think its safe to say that the cost of admission at Cedar Fair parks is lower than it probably should be, but they make up for the lower gate by charging more for in park food. Other parks, particularly one in Southern Indiana will charge considerably more for admission, given the product mix, and offer reasonable prices on food, and even free soft drinks.

I`d be curious to know if the price for 20oz. Pepsi`s went up at Cedar Point. I know when I was up there for the first weekend of Halloweekends, 20oz soft drinks could be had from the vending machines for $3. That compares to the $3.75 that a Coke would set you back from vending machines at Kings Island.

This is why if we want to eat at CP we go to Midway Market. $12.95 for all you can eat including your drinks. Service here sucked a big one yesterday though.

Midway Market price varies from $10 (early season weekdays) to $13 ( weekdays and Saturday lunch) to $17 dollars (Saturday dinner, usually after 2pm).