I enjoyed SoB today

Chatter

In the past my experience on SoB was rough. But today, I managed to keep the restraint bar loose and allow my legs to actually move and I had a totally enjoyable ride!

I have ripped on SoB in the past so I just wanted to come clean when the experience was a good one.

lol... yep, it bumps me around for 2 seasons and everything is fine, but I finally get a smoothe ride and it eats my cell phone...

oh yeah, I agree, it has gotten better... Someone had said before that it tends to give smoother rides in colder weather, that could be self-evident.

IMO SOB is all about where you sit, as with any other coaster. In Sonnie's case, the farther back you are, the smoother the ride. Most of the time I've rode in the middle-front seats, and found it quite rough. I then tried the back seats, which ironically is much smoother. I haven't got to ride it in cold weather yet, so I can't make the "Smoother in cold weather" call.

~S~

I sat in the second set of seats near the front. I really felt that the looser restraint bar allowed my body to move more so that I didn't absorb as much of the jolting from the ride. It was really fun and I like it now. I agree about adding tunnels to it. That would be cool....especially on the first set of helixes.

I was riding Adventure Express and had a neat thought about having them enclose part of it and make it very dark........almost a FoF effect......although the young'uns might get scared....hehehe.

I almost puked after riding The Vortex. I had a big plate of eggs/cheese for breakfast about 10:30 and then we left for PKI and rode it as soon as we got there................UGH! Totally sick at my stomach with egg taste in my throat. I felt my throat go dry and thought that was it and that I was gonna puke any minute.....but somehow I overcame it and recovered to ride more coasters.....lol.

Since we are giving SOB reports I'll go ahead and throw mine in. I rode with a fellow co-worker of mine after our shift on the 5th and I'm pleased to report I had a better than average ride. The first drop and loop are still what bring me back to the ride. My lap bar stayed put until we went into the second helix but my buddy wasn't so fortunate. His came down right at the bottom of the first helix. Sorry CP tongue.gif Ok, is it just me or does your back itch after you slam into the brakes? The only thing I can think of causing this would be the vibration of the car with your back leaning up against it. Anywho, the ride ran great and it showed what it's really meant to do.

SOB does have a rough ride somtimes and I do not like it because of that sometimes. However with my frieds the roughest ride is awesome and besides I love SOB because me and Brea' saw Trevor Penick from O-town on teh rollercoaster last year and I touched him!! lol

~Ryan~

PS JUMP5'S NEW CD IS OUT TODAY SO GO GET IT!! ACCELERATE WILL BE GREAT!! lol JUmp5 rulez!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I personally ran SOB while Ken Griffey Jr. and Barry Larkin were on it last season. Nothin special. Except Jr rode in 63 right after his knee surgury, and Larkin wussed out!

hot+dry=rough

cold+wet=smooth

sub32+wet=icy smooth:)

PS. Just remember about superstars: they are normal people with talent. The difference between them and us is that they exploit their talents for money.