Opening day trip report!

Fear the Four

First off I forgot about bringing my camera so I had to use my phone and it has really bad quality.

I left the house around 8:15 and I live a few minutes from Mainville. I was going a way I usually go and the rode was closed so i had to turn around and didn't get to the park until quarter till 9.

Once the park opened I ran to The Beast with my girlfriend and we got the third train of the year. It felt so nice to ride again. I noticed they redid some of the supports on 2nd lift hill. After I got off of The Beast I headed over to Boo blasters. I loved this ride. In my opinion it was much better then Scooby. I came back another time in the day and bought the 3-d glasses and went again. I walked around Planet Snoopy for awhile and during that I rode Surf dog. I went over and stood in the huge glob of people by Diamondback's splashdown waiting for the rest of the park to open. Once it opened it looked like EVERYONE was running to Vortex but I ran to Backlot for the front seat and first train of the year. I got on the blue train. They launched us off. Three fourths up the hill I'm like were going to roll back and we did! We sat on the brakes for about 15 minutes. Some of the maintenance people came and pushed us all the way back to the station. They were inspecting the brakes and were going to do a few test runs so i decided to leave and go some where else. We went over to The Racer the only side opened was the blue all day. I went over to the Adventure Express and rode in the last row. I went over to Viking fury and rode that in the third row. I didn't eat breakfast so I wanted lunch early and got chicken bites at potato works. I got done eating and rode the train. I saw a few Ding dongs on white water canyon and just a bunch of ride ops standing there bored.

I checked out Action theater and there was still Spongebob. I went to slingshot for awhile to watch someone i knew. Then I went over to Diamondback in the SRL I waited about 15 mintues and got in row 8. The first drop felt pretty good in row 8. It felt so nice to ride that again.  :)

During the day I rode scrambler, the Zephyr, another ride on Viking fury, and Flight deck.  

The Beast closed down around three but I still waited. I saw it in the train shed with the covers off of the lap bars. I read on here from someone that the lap bars would not come up so they had to manually do it. The ride opened back up and I sat near the back and it was a lot faster then it was this morning. It hurt my ribs a little bit too but I still enjoyed it.

I went and stood in line for some Blue soft serve ice cream. I got a waffle cone with sprinkles. It cost me five dollars. I sat down in Planet Snoopy and enjoyed all of my Ice cream. After that I went over to Delirium I waited around 20 minutes for a ride. I did some walking around and it was night time. I went over to Flight deck because I've never have had a night ride on that. I walked passed Delirium and noticed there was like no one in line. I walked onto Delirium and enjoyed my night ride. It was cold so I went some where with a blast of warm air. Backlot had no line so I went over to that Because I still haven't made it past the first 10 seconds.

Anyways the fire felt nice and the lights were on in the tunnel. That was my first time in there. I never really knew what went on in there during that part of the ride and I saw they used some of the tunnel for storage. At that point It was 15 minutes until the fireworks so i went to the car in the heat and waited and watched the fireworks then I went and got some Wendy's on my way home.

Here are some pictures I took with my phone...

518253411_1827326969_0.jpg little fuzzy  518261691_1827357127_0.jpg really fuzzy...  hharollback.jpgsitting after a rollback!

518263044_1827361934_0.jpg                  518262233_1827359045_0.jpg                       518262094_1827358564_0.jpg

518261921_1827357949_0.jpg                  518261860_1827357738_0.jpg  These pictures were taken with my phone and there small and fuzzy sorry about that.

518264437_1827367029_0.jpg Eating at potato works.

518264344_1827366710_0.jpg Airtime!

518261574_1827356704_0.jpg I like this one!

Overall this was a good day at the park. It was a little cold in the shade. I thought Planet Snoopy brought out a big crowd of kids.

There were a lot of rides shut down for the day or just temporarily. Some that I saw were...

Firehawk, Red racer was down all day, Blue racer was stuck on lift hill around eight, Zephyr was down for a little,  I heard Delirum was down, The Beast had some lap bar problems, and Flying ace valleyed before the park even opened. That was all I noticed and heard about.