Timberliners Delayed

It has been announced by both Gravity Group and Holiday World that the Timerliners are delayed.

The Gravity Group

We want to keep everyone at TGG central up to date on the status of The Voyage Timberliners. Due to an unanticipated delay in the manufacturing process, the new train did not arrive at Holiday World today. They will arrive in a week. Holiday World plans on premiering the Timberliner trains on The Voyage by May 14. We'll keep you posted about the testing process. We appreciate your support and understanding.

http://www.facebook....itygroup?ref=ts

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari

Okay...so the *good* news is that if you wanted one last ride on the original Voyage trains, you can do that opening weekend (May 1-2). Due to an unanticipated delay in the manufacturing process, the new train did not arrive today as planned, but will be here in a week. We'll premiere the Timberliner trains on Voyage by May 14. We'll keep you posted about the testing process and truly appreciate your understanding!

http://www.facebook....dayWorld?ref=ts

Since two of the PTC trains have been sold to Darien lake for use on Preditor, this means that their will only be one train operations on Voyage for the first two weeks of the season.

There is only 1 of the original 3 PTC trains left at HW to put on Voyage. They are replacing 3 PTC trains with 2 Timberliners. The way that I read it, the PTC train will be used on the 2 weekends before May 14th. The quotes do not say one train operations here, but Paula has said that on Coasterbuzz.

• 1 month later...

From Holiday World's Facebook:

Timberliners won't be taking riders this week or next (including the holiday weekend). We're working hard to get the testing successfully completed; as I'm sure you realize, a brand new design requires extra time/attention--it would be foolish to rush it. We're so sorry to disappoint--we'll keep you posted as testing progresses. Meanwhile, Voyage is open, just not w/ new trains. Thanks for understanding.

Disclaimer: I mean this in the most respectful way possible.

First off, yes, Voyage seems to be intended to operate every day of Holiday World's calendar. Paula has made no suggestion aimed towards them closing it anytime for testing. If the park is open, it seems they intend to have Voyage running.

Now hear me out, even if you disagree... I know we're all totally psyched for the Timberliners. But guys, it seems like we (meaning enthusiasts in general, not just KIC) are sitting around groaning about it unfairly. It's not as if Holiday World is intentionally making everyone wait to get a ride on their new trains. If you read through Paula's exceptionally patient and overly kind comments on the HW Facebook page, this will become evident. (I know I couldn't be as patient as she's been. Nearly every post is related to "When will we ride the new Voyage trains?") They want to get them running. If one of their main pluses is reduced maintenance/retracking on the ride because of the trains, don't you think they'd want them- and them alone; not the PTC train- running now? They're doing their absolute best to get the Indiana testing requirements out of the way while ensuring that the trains themselves will be flawless when we get our hands on them. They don't want to lunge headfirst into something and get I305-esque results. By I305-esque results, I mean not making sure everything was absolutely 100% perfect before letting the GP on. First drop trim brake rumors, anyone? YUCK.

Will, Paula, and the rest of the Holiday World family are doing their best, just like they always seem to do. We should be thankful they want to be sure it's done right the first time, because, frankly, hearing things like "the boats were too long for the lift hill- oops!" just kind of irritates me. And in the meantime, why not simply revel in the fact that there's even a Voyage to ride? It's not as if they've shut it down until the Timberliners are functional. I'm convinced they withheld a train from Darien Lake and Predator for a specific reason: Voyage still remains an absolutely mindblowing ride, and they want us to have an opportunity to experience it. So let's just be glad it's running at all, because honestly, if it were me running the park and paying for Voyage's retracking fees, not running the ride till the Timberliners arrived would be very, very tempting.

That being said and on a side note, it does seem like Holiday World is kind of getting screwed over on actually receiving the trains. I agree with DaveStroem to an extent- I think someone may be in for it when this is all said and done. But then again, it may be just another case of the Gravity Group wanting to make everything perfect. And as far as I'm concerned after my first Voyage rides earlier this month, good things come for those who wait.

Especially if the Gravity Group is involved with it.

Now don't go spending my whole $.02 in one place. ;) Just kidding.

I still find it odd that Holiday World was so quick to unload 2 of the three PTC trains. Given that the new Timberliners are a prototype, it is surprising that they allowed two PTC trains to be sold off before the new trains were clear to take riders. Seems like they would have put a clause in the sale agreement stipulating that the arrival of the second train would be contingent upon receiving their new trains. Fortunately for Holiday World, they did not sell the third PTC train.

And for those wondering, it is not possible to run both a Timberliner and a PTC train at the same time. That is according to Holiday World`s head coaster maintenance person (I forget his name, but he was at the Q&A session for Holiday Hustle). Essentially, the computer programs are different for the two trains, since the Timberliners has more brake fins (one per car) versus the PTC trains.

No one should complain about the Timberliners not being ride-able. If you have ridden Voyage before, it's an amazing coaster with the PTCs. It's my all time favorite coaster, wood or steel. And honestly, I could care less about the Timberliners even being added, the ride isn't broken, why fix it? I actually fear that the Timberliners are going to make the ride not as good.

^ My thoughts as well... including the part about adding them, though I am overall excited for the Timberliners. I've heard less-than-great stories about the effect of Millennium Flyers on Hersheypark's Wildcat in the areas of airtime, smoothness, and overall fun, but I've decided that's not going to bring me down. Timberliners are a completely different beast with their ability to steer, not to mention that the Gravity Group has basically made it clear that they want them to enhance the ride, not neuter it. TGG focuses far more on the wild, "out of control" feeling, whereas Great Coasters seems to focus more on more family-friendly rides that pack an at least respectable punch and length maintained within a tiny footprint, a goal by no means bad. Of course, I've never ridden a GCII coaster; this is just outsider speculation. But regardless, I do think they're taking into effect the nature of their rides. As such, I will remain optimistic within reason about future Voyage rides.

I understand that people want to ride The Voyage with Timberliners, but what I don't understand is why people are getting upset about them not being on the coaster itself. The Voyage has been voted the best wooden coaster in the world three times with PTC trains. It's an unbelievably great ride WITHOUT Timberliners. Do I want to ride it with Timberliners? Absolutely. Can I wait? Yes. This is Gravitykraft's (TGG's sister company that focuses on building coaster trains designed by TGG.) first project and problems with prototypes can and do happen.

Bottom line for the people who are getting uptight about the Timberliners not running (no one in particular) - Calm down. The Voyage is still a great ride. Prototypical problems happen and both the people at The Gravity Group and Holiday World want as little problems as possible with the Timberliners.

On a side note, if you want to experience something new at Holiday World and Splashin' Safari, ride Wildebeest. The world's newest and longest water coaster looks like a great ride from the looks of it.

Personally, I would much rather have them take longer to test the new trains and know that everything is running smoothly, than for them to just throw the new trains on and see what happens. I'm not usually one to have patience (as many of you have seen :lol:), but in this case, I can be. Voyage is a spectacular ride with PTC trains.. if it is even better with Timberliners, I can wait as long as it takes.

...and everyone here who wants to ride Voyage with the Timberliners, like it or not, will at least wait as long as it takes...

Or decide to take their business elsewhere, which is very, very unlikely.

Imagine if you lived near Knoebel's and couldn't wait to ride Flying Turns.

You still would have to.

As long as it takes.

Answer me a question please? The quote says something about things being ready for May 14. This seems like the story is old, but this is May 19th so what gives? Is the Timberliner trains ready or not? I guess I should not worry since I am ot going to HW until June 7. I hope they are ready by then.(LOL)

Thunderbeast, the Timberliners were supposed to be on the Voyage from the beginning of the season May 1st. They announced a delay with an anticipated date of May 14th. They have now said that they will not be available for the next two weekends.

I am not upset that the Timberliners are not ready, but a little disappointed. My concern has to do with the 1 train operation on the best coaster on the planet.

Here is an image of the damage that the Timberliners got supposedly from a loose bag of corn.

DSC_0962.jpg

As we've told you, the Timberliner trains won't be ready for riders this weekend or through the holiday weekend. In order to deal with the capacity challenges presented by running just one of the original trains (we hate lines, too!), we've come up with a Plan B.

Holiday World will be running one of the Raven trains on Voyage. Kudos to Will and the gang.

I'm probably going to HW this Saturday, and I'm really excited to ride Voyage again! I know Raven's trains are PTCs and so are Voyage's current trains, but I wander if they will ride differently? I can't wait to take photos and videos of Voyage with a red train, its going to look so weird! Hopefully having double the capacity will make it a walkon so I can get my 50th. ride on it.