Timberliners Delayed

Now all we need to do is make Cedar Fair put timberliners on SOB and reopen it and we'll be all good.

Yes! Exactly! Haha. I think timberliners on SOB would be great.......

Honestly, I don't even think the Voyage needs them (no, I haven't ridden it) but from what I've heard, there are no problems with jerky movements.

To be honest, I thought the worst with all of the delays. Glad to see that there's a video of the Timberliners testing. No "train won't fit the tracks" situation or anything like that. Kind of a Satanic screech coming from the video. Has it been doing that recently with the PTCs?

Do they have enough room on the sidetracks for 4 trains?

They only have three storage tracks. I don't think it will be too much of an issue though, as I imagine any modifications to the 2nd Timberliner would be made prior to delivery. Then they would probably swap the "Ravage" train and 2nd Timberliner on a Monday or Tuesday to have time to complete test cycles before the weekend.

so, since there are two different programs for the brakes because of the different types of trains, how hard is it on the brakes to have their programs being changed around so much right now?

i mean to be running one program during the week and then switching over really quick for weekend operations had to be hard on them, doesn't it?

• 5 weeks later...

so, since there are two different programs for the brakes because of the different types of trains, how hard is it on the brakes to have their programs being changed around so much right now?

i mean to be running one program during the week and then switching over really quick for weekend operations had to be hard on them, doesn't it?

During the Holiday Hustle they explained that is was just a program change in the computer, I don't think the brakes really care what type of train it is stopping.

...and, as Paula Werne commented during one of her many television interviews in the past week, the park has many other issues far more important than Timberliners right now. Particularly with Will gone, even the issue of who is going to be running the place and how must be confronted. One of the interviews said there would be movement on that front this week...

The park will go on, and the Timberliners will run...when they are ready...

The place has just been through a very devastating loss, and one that will take quite a bit of time to recover from. The funeral was just Thursday...

We were at the park yesterday (just got home) and were told by the park GM that they decided to take a 2 week break from working on the Timberliners. With everything that has been going on all those working on the project needed to have a chance to reset. This also gives a chance for those from GravityKraft that have been away from home for quite some time a chance to get reacquainted with their families.

There is still only one train visible in the Voyage barn.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't picture them being ready at all this year. I think they will debut in 2011. I'm not complaining though because Voyage with PTCs is still the best coaster ever! I could care less if they even put the Timberliners on ever, it's the best ride ever built!

To be honest, I've never thought that the Voyage was a perfect coaster as people say it is.

Do I love it? Yes.

Does it have airtime? Yes.

Is the Triple Down in the dark amazing? Yes.

Is it a ride I want to ride all day long? Absolutely not.

I don't understand how people can ride it 50 times in a single day and not go home with a back ache or head ache. I've done it five times in a single day and I went home with a migrane and the need for a nap. I can't imagine what ten rides in a single day would do to me, not even beginning to think about 50. It's a fun ride, and the first half has all the workings that make it a great coaster. However, after the triple down the ride becomes way too rough, and by the time the train reaches the station I find myself in a crouched position waiting for the ride to end. This is why I think the Timberliners are needed. If the Voyage could somehow be made as re-rideable as the Raven, then it could easily become one of my top 5 coasters, but until then it will have to remain where it is.

With that being said, I don't think the Timberliners will be ready this year. Is it possible? Certainly, but I doubt it.

This post isn't a rip on Holiday World OR the Voyage. The Voyage is a great ride, but as with any ride, there will be some cons.

To be honest, I've never thought that the Voyage was a perfect coaster as people say it is.

Do I love it? Yes.

Does it have airtime? Yes.

Is the Triple Down in the dark amazing? Yes.

Is it a ride I want to ride all day long? Absolutely not.

I don't understand how people can ride it 50 times in a single day and not go home with a back ache or head ache. I

There are many posters on there who have done just that. I have ridden it like 5 times in a row a few without getting off and 5 was enough for a while, but would have rode it again later had I had the opportunity!

Regardless of what the coaster is, I cannot ride it so many times. I guarantee though I will ride Voyage plenty of times when I go to HW, because there aren't SO many things to do there. In fact, if the Timberliners are on by the time I go, I will ride it at least 7 times! ;)

Strange...I can spend days at Holiday World with all the things to do there.

Then again, I guess I ain't your typical park guest. I could spend a day, easily, in just the gift shops!

Took the family last week and did not even make it into 4th of July section or water park. Not a big park, but plenty to keep you busy!

Timberliners Update: Our friends at The Gravity Group (Gravitykraft) are continuing their work on refinements to the new train design. Since we’re in full throttle with the season, we will not have sufficient chunks of time for testing until we’re back to weekends-only operation. We'll keep you updated with progress as we move into "weekends-only" after August 15. Thanks for your patience -- they'll be worth the wait! Meanwhile, The Voyage is running great using the original trains. :0)

That is the latest update from the HW Facebook page. To be honest, I read this as "We are going to make sure they are 100% perfect and roll them out to the public in 2011." Its all good, still my number 1 woodie BY FAR, just callin it like I see it smile.gif

Darn, looks like my *wait till the end of July to go to Holiday World because it almost guarantees the Timberliners will be ready by then" hypothesis did not work out. Oh well, at least I will get to experience the Voyage a couple times with its original trains. I thought the Voyage trains got shipped out? Did they ship them back once they realized the Timberliners would take longer than realized?

They had one voyage train left, and they took a train from the Raven to use on the Voyage. I really enjoyed the ravage train.

I know that, but why does it say:

The Voyage is running great using the original trains.

Is the old train back or is it still 2 on voyage, one of them being from Raven.

i'm guessing you didn't see the picture where part of the fiberglass frame had snapped due to forces, it's somewhere in this thread.

edit: here's the picture. (my bad, i thought it was caused by stress from forces on the train, not a bag of corn. so i guess you can just forget this post.) :)

DSC_0962.jpg