Diamondback Restraints

DaveStroem

I am a fairly big guy and often have to come close to being stapled on certain coasters. Last year Diamondback was never an issue. This year I noticed that the restraints felt a lot tighter on me then last year even though my weight is with a few pound from last year. I also noticed a few other of us big guys that were easily able to fit last year struggling yesterday.

Did anyone else feel that the restraints were tighter?

I guess it is time to kick the diet into high gear and drop some poundage.

And I can barely button the shorts that were very loose at the end of last season... I didn't gain a whole lot of weight either, but it all appeared around the midsection. In addition, since it was colder yesterday, I assume that you were wearing more clothing than you usually do at a park, which will also make the restraints seem tighter.

Guest IceCream329

I fit just fine last year but after work yesterday...on brown train, the one I always fit perfectly and this year I really didn't gain too much weight but I couldn't fit

darn I better lose it by friday!!

I really wish they'd release details on the sizes of the seats and restraints on each ride. It can be VERY embarrassing to try to get on a ride and realize you won't fit in front of a lot of people. Would be awesome if they'd release this information instead of just saying "guests of EXCEPTIONAL SIZE" may not fit. It would be great to say something like "seat width: 40"" because then you could measure at home instead of trying to squeeze into a seat with tons of folks watching.

I'm very glad they list a maximum height now - years ago, I couldn't fit on Son of Beast because I was too tall. They apparently changed the cars at some point, and I was able to ride it a couple years ago before it went SBNO...

RD

Dave - honestly didn't seem any different to me. Last year I was able to ride right at the line, but had room for one more click (which seems to happen through g-forces at the bottom of the first and second hills) - same was true again this year and I rode all three trains on my various rides. Now, if you want to talk Drop Tower - I could barely buckle on that yesterday.

Dave, I hope you do not have any problems with the coasters. My frame is 6'4" and 236 lbs. I have had a few problems with tight fits on some rides but, I lost 40+ lbs. I used to weigh around 280. My point is last year TTD was a no go,(I was down to 270) but it was not my waist line that was the problem. It was my hips. Like I said, I have a large frame so maybe in the near future there will be no problems. MF did not give me any problems but, it was a tight fit. Now my goal is 50 lbs which is a few more months away so who knows. This year I'm gonna go to Holiday World then day 2 to KI.

So far I have never had to do a walk of shame. I see other people doing them and truly feel for them. Some should know that they won't fit, but others appear that they would only to find it a no go.

My goal is to drop another 20 lbs.

Going to the parks and eating out makes it so much harder to do though.

So far I have never had to do a walk of shame. I see other people doing them and truly feel for them. Some should know that they won't fit, but others appear that they would only to find it a no go.

Speaking from experience, DBack's seats are more forgiving then MF or TTD so if you plan on going to CP in a month I suggest working on that diet.

Ive gained some weight from last year, and I essentially wore the same thing to opening day as I did to the haunt. I needed a little help from the ride ops both times so I hopefully gained in areas that will not affect my ability to ride any rides at CP. However, a Dining Plan Disney trip occurs between now and then so we will see.

You can do it! Trust me, I used to weigh over 300 pounds (6' 5"). When I went to KI on Saturday, I was at 236. Still too much, but the leanest I can remember being in my adult life was 227, and I REALLY want to get there by mid-season.

I've done the walk of shame, and like you, I feel for those folks. That's why I'd love to have more info on the restraints and seats, so those that would like to ride could see where they need to get to in order to ride things. It would be a motivational tool, trust me!

RD

However, a Dining Plan Disney trip occurs between now and then so we will see.

DINING PLAN DISNEY TRIP = DIET DEATH! Been there, done that WAY too many times! I swear I gained 15 pounds on my last Dining Disney Trip!

RD

Last time I went I actually stayed even. Im a Disney Commando and also the designated Fastpass runner (ie I get sent across the MK to get the Space Mt Fastpass in between riding BTMRR and the Haunted Mansion.) So we will see, I cant wait for the trip.

last year in august i got the lab bar down on the first click and required one more push from the ride attendants. are they still that same way? i went to carowinds the 6th and couldn't fit on intimidator. Diamondback's aren't like that right?

Unless B&M changed their designs they should be the same (2 clicks.) To my knowledge they have stayed the same since Apollo's Chariot and Raging Bull.

last year in august i got the lab bar down on the first click and required one more push from the ride attendants. are they still that same way? i went to carowinds the 6th and couldn't fit on intimidator. Diamondback's aren't like that right?

Unless B&M changed their designs they should be the same (2 clicks.) To my knowledge they have stayed the same since Apollo's Chariot and Raging Bull.

the funny thing is i couldn't ride apollos charoit either and that was in april of 09 then when i went to Kings Island in june i got on Diamondback. however the ride attendent at apollo was being crabby and said she couldn't see the redline. i dont know if i can't ride my favorite coaster at ki, then i absolutly gotta do something.

My high was 270 lb 2 years ago. I have ridden everything at CP last year with only minor struggle on Wicked Twister late in the season. My goal is to get to a point where there is ZERO issues. I think another 20lbs will do that.

As to DB & I232 at CW. They are the same seats so if you were a no go on Intimidator, chances are you will be on DB too. :(

My high was 270 lb 2 years ago. I have ridden everything at CP last year with only minor struggle on Wicked Twister late in the season. My goal is to get to a point where there is ZERO issues. I think another 20lbs will do that.

As to DB & I232 at CW. They are the same seats so if you were a no go on Intimidator, chances are you will be on DB too. sad.gif

actually people siad the restraints on intimidator were narrower to prevent some airtime and they were.

As several of you here know, I always have trouble with Diamondback. I'm 6' 4" and 310 pounds evenly dispersed, and it's always a crapshoot as to whether or not I ride. Usually I have to sit in the back row of any given car and have a ride op willing to do some pushing. (Usually my man Cory)

I guess I just don't understand why these seats aren't more accommodating. I'm by no means skinny, but I'm not fat either. I'm just a large person, mostly muscle, with some fat. I feel like me and many others I know here should have an easier time. There are some people I see around the park that are obvious no-gos, but a lot of us big guys around KIC should be able to fit easier.

I didn't have any more trouble than usual on DB this past Saturday. I have to be stapled on that ride, there's no way around it with my size. I've learned how the restraint should feel on my legs... and I can tell when I'm going to hear my seat number called out before the train is dispatched! laugh.gif But at least I fit, unlike one drop ride at KI and multiple coasters up at CP. I've learned to accept my problems with older Intamins, and am slowly working on resolving them on my end. I need to be there by at least the time that GatorGirl gets to be 48"... as of this past Saturday, she has 4 more inches to go. Newer Intamins (Fahrenheit, which I only got to try the test seat and didn't have enough time to ride, and Maverick, which I actually got to ride) posed no problem for me last year, since Intamin has adjustable belts on those. But I like that DB is a B&M... and even with being stapled on DB, I still get tons of airtime!

What if I were too skinny to ride -! Haha. Literally, it seems like I could just slip out.

I can only hope to be "too skinny" one day.

I love DB I believe it is (3 clicks) to ride you can try the test seat out front it 3 clicks to change the light from red to green .

I love DB I believe it is (3 clicks) to ride you can try the test seat out front it 3 clicks to change the light from red to green .

yeah i hear others say they could get the test seat down but not fit on the ride itself. for me the test seat on Diamondback was a no go but i got on the actual ride with 2 clicks. that is what's confusing for me. i know intimidator was 3 clicks for sure. but somehow i've rode Diamondback 8 times and every time i rode with 2 clicks.

You get a lot of exercise while walking around at the park, so it isn't unusual for a ride you fit on just fine at the end of last year to be a close fit or no-go at the beginning of this year. Just try to squeeze in a few TOP*GUN rides in your park visits. :lol:

yeah i hear others say they could get the test seat down but not fit on the ride itself. for me the test seat on Diamondback was a no go but i got on the actual ride with 2 clicks. that is what's confusing for me. i know intimidator was 3 clicks for sure. but somehow i've rode Diamondback 8 times and every time i rode with 2 clicks.

I can assure you that you have never ridden with two clicks. The computer monitors every single restraint and the train will not dispatch unless every one has at least three clicks.