Diamondback Restraints

DaveStroem

personally, the temps have a little to do with it as well. that ride ran ALMOST non-stop last year, thus the temps it got from peoples body heat made the steal a little more flexible. now you take that train off the ride (for mantainance) & put it back on the track several weeks before the park opens (leaving it exposed to the elements), its gonna be a tad more rigid.

i say give it a few weekends & the issue will go away.wink.gif

now you take that train off the ride (for mantainance) & put it back on the track several weeks before the park opens (leaving it exposed to the elements), its gonna be a tad more rigid.

I rode Diamondback once Saturday in row 8. For some reason Diamondback did not feel the same. I don't really know how to put it but the ride seemed kind of stiff. Last year Diamondback went through non stop testing (seemed like it). This year the ride only had to go through 100 cycles during this off season.

Q: Asa McCormick - How many test runs does a roller coaster have to make in the offseason before it can re-open in the spring? 

A: Unless it's a new roller coaster, each train will make 100-or-more cycles while a flat ride will perform 50. Once the test cycles have been completed, the State of Ohio visits to inspect and certify the rides before the park opens.

Diamondback probably had well over 1,000 cycles before it opened in 2009. This year I would say Diamondback didn't even have 200 cycles during testing. This would have a huge affect on the trains. In a few weeks the trains will be broke in more and probably feel the same to me. 

I can assure you that you have never ridden with two clicks. The computer monitors every single restraint and the train will not dispatch unless every one has at least three clicks.

im sure it was 2 clicks becuase i got the seat once by myself and just needed one more push from the attendants. they said i was all good and i rode it in june and august.

personally, the temps have a little to do with it as well. that ride ran ALMOST non-stop last year, thus the temps it got from peoples body heat made the steal a little more flexible. now you take that train off the ride (for mantainance) & put it back on the track several weeks before the park opens (leaving it exposed to the elements), its gonna be a tad more rigid.

Temps from peoples body heat made the steel a little more flexible? Are you serious? It has nothing to do with the train. People just need to lose weight.

Temps from peoples body heat made the steel a little more flexible? Are you serious? It has nothing to do with the train. People just need to lose weight.

i agree

We'll be going to CP in May.  Do they have "trial seats" at the front of the line so one can know if they will fit before standing in line and having to face the "walk of shame"?  Also if I fit in DB with no problems will I have any issues with any rides at CP?   

We'll be going to CP in May.  Do they have "trial seats" at the front of the line so one can know if they will fit before standing in line and having to face the "walk of shame"?  Also if I fit in DB with no problems will I have any issues with any rides at CP?   

On all the rides where you might have problems, yes. As with fitting on DB, that depends, MF, and TTD have smaller waist size requirements due to their belts, and on Raptor and WT its the chest size that will cause you problems.

We'll be going to CP in May. Do they have "trial seats" at the front of the line so one can know if they will fit before standing in line and having to face the "walk of shame"? Also if I fit in DB with no problems will I have any issues with any rides at CP?

On all the rides where you might have problems, yes. As with fitting on DB, that depends, MF, and TTD have smaller waist size requirements due to their belts, and on Raptor and WT its the chest size that will cause you problems.

I think I'll be fine, I'm probably more average than exceptional anyway, though could stand to lose some weight. I don't have any issues with any of the rides at KI, though for whatever reason being in the "back seat" on Stunt Coaster the restraint doesn't fit comfortably but have no problem in the front seat of the ride. Had no issues on any other ride. Waist is 42" so I'm not morbidly obese just could stand to lose a few pounds.

A couple of years ago though while waiting to get on Vortex there was a dude so fat that it took two of the employees to get his restraint to fasten with the seatbelt deal. The biggest issues I see are on rides like Beast & Racer that have the divider on the cars where it used to be one seat. I know that was done for safety reasons but still seems unnecessary (other than to make it more idiot proof)

I can assure you that you have never ridden with two clicks. The computer monitors every single restraint and the train will not dispatch unless every one has at least three clicks.

im sure it was 2 clicks becuase i got the seat once by myself and just needed one more push from the attendants. they said i was all good and i rode it in june and august.

FYI, you are talking (well typing back and forth) with a ride op for the ride in question.

We'll be going to CP in May. Do they have "trial seats" at the front of the line so one can know if they will fit before standing in line and having to face the "walk of shame"? Also if I fit in DB with no problems will I have any issues with any rides at CP?

I think I'll be fine, I'm probably more average than exceptional anyway, though could stand to lose some weight. I don't have any issues with any of the rides at KI, though for whatever reason being in the "back seat" on Stunt Coaster the restraint doesn't fit comfortably but have no problem in the front seat of the ride. Had no issues on any other ride. Waist is 42" so I'm not morbidly obese just could stand to lose a few pounds.

A couple of years ago though while waiting to get on Vortex there was a dude so fat that it took two of the employees to get his restraint to fasten with the seatbelt deal. The biggest issues I see are on rides like Beast & Racer that have the divider on the cars where it used to be one seat. I know that was done for safety reasons but still seems unnecessary (other than to make it more idiot proof)

I am a 40 waist and MF, TTD & WT were tight, but I was still able to ride. One thing I found on both MF & TTD that the belt would fit, but I couldn't get it to buckle myself. When I twisted to get the buckle fastened, it made me too tight. Someone else could buckle it just fine though.