PTR: Kings Island Opening Day 2010

gigacoaster2k

Tom (Tom76257) and I left his house in Fairfield around 7:30 am to head to KI!

(I'm not going to remember every little detail or everyone we rode with.. so if you remember something I forgot to add, please post.. I welcome additions to my trip reports from people who were there! :) )

Here I am in my I305 first rider shirt!

24721_10150154094260277_640870276_11962149_7580109_n.jpg

My camera absolutely refused to turn on.. I couldn't get it to work no matter how hard I tried. I even replaced the batteries with new ones (yes, I put them in correctly), still nothing. :(

We got to the gate to see Adam (pkiboy), Danielle (keiko_coaster), Aaron (pkiVortex), Justin (Justin M17), Jared (rotag), Brad (Indyguy4KI), Sean (indianapolisman), Derrick (Phantom Theater) and so many other KICers, I lost count. I even saw a couple of people with I305 first rider shirts that I recognized from KD opening day! The people at the tolls were having screaming contests with the crowd, lol, it was fun.

The gates opened, and we all bolted for Diamondback!

24721_10150154094270277_640870276_11962151_936939_n.jpg

24721_10150154094280277_640870276_11962152_3598363_n.jpg

We met up with Darlene, who gave Tom and I both Speedway gas cards that get you 6 cents off per gallon. We ended up being on the SECOND train of the year!

After DB, it was off to Beast. The trims weren't grabbing too hard, so I was actually able to enjoy the ride.

I've always been a big fan of the part where it comes out of the first tunnel and has 3 hard turns to the right.. it feels like a GCI there. I always love the part where it screams through the last tunnel too. The speed is just insane!

Then it was off to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill! I ended up kicking Tom's butt.. I scored 930 and he scored 210.. not bad for my first time on that ride! (I still love you Tom, it's ok lol)

Jared and Tom wanted Invertigo's first train of the year, so off they went. My crew decided to hit DB instead, and we got to sit in the very back!! I LOVE IT!

24721_10150154094285277_640870276_11962153_2042998_n.jpg

24721_10150154094300277_640870276_11962155_4720923_n.jpg

We met up with Gabe (Captain Nemo), and we were walking past the Eiffel Tower when a nickel landed at my feet. I still regret not telling an employee about this.

We went to BLSC and saw the new cars. Gabe said they look like BMWs. It's still the same ride to me. Tom told me that Invertigo was down, so they hit Drop Tower instead.

We went to Vortex, where of course we got line jumped, and this guy behind me asked for a piece of my gum and explained that he was trying to hide last night's beer breath. We sat in 7-1, where I only got one little head bop.

Tom and I were getting hungry, so we got some food. Raptor Jo had said she had presents for Tom and I, so he called her. We met up in the parking lot, and she handed me these!!

24721_10150154094320277_640870276_11962159_1744606_n.jpg

We went back in the park, and I had to take a pic. I love KI's grand entrance.

24721_10150154094325277_640870276_11962160_5121185_n.jpg

We rode Flight Deck in the very back, which was great as always.

Then we went to Racer, which was only running the blue side. It appears to have been retracked, but it honestly didn't help. The blue side of Racer jackhammers me.. ouch.

We met up with Ryan (BoddaH1994) and went to Zephyr. That ride still makes me feel a little green, but it's fun lol.

After that, Ryan informed us that Way Too Much TV was playing soon in the Festhaus. We went there, and grabbed some food. Way Too Much TV is a very energetic and fun show. The girls have fantastic voices, and the performers had lots of energy.

Back to Flight Deck we went, and then Tom and I split from the group to go ride Slingshot, as we saw the line was finally short. He had gotten our tickets earlier in the day for only $5 a piece! I was chatting with the two girls in front of us, and learned that they were CP ride ops, who were there with my friends who worked on Magnum last year!

We went to ride BLSC, but it was down, so we ducked out of line. One of the employees was actually watching for line jumpers. She must have busted 10-15 people trying to enter from the grass on the other side. There needs to be a fence there.

Off to the train we went, and we got lucky enough to go under DB just as it was running, and got to see the train roaring over us!

Tom and I met up with 2 of his friends, and walked around Planet Snoopy. As nice as it looks, with all due respect to KI, Tom and I were more impressed with PS at Carowinds.

We went back to DB with his friends (I got to sit in seat 3!), and by this time it was getting so cold that my teeth were chattering even with 3 shirts on. The ride was severely cold and I informed them at the top of the hill that I was going to ride curled up in a ball, but I threw my hands up anyway lol.

Tom and I went back to the car to warm up, and I grabbed a fourth shirt in a desperate attempt to keep warm. We re-entered the park, and got potato fries from Potato Works. They were so hot they were burning my tongue, but at that point I didn't care.. I was freezing.

We got in line for DB around 9:55 pm, and I looked at my BlackBerry to see that it was 42 degrees.. and the wind was still gusting.. and we were about to get on an 80 mph coaster. All I can say about that ride was BRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

We left the park around 10:30 pm. I know we rode AE at one point, but I forget when it was.

Ride count:

DB - 4

Flight Deck - 2

BLSC - 1

KI/MV RR - 1

AE - 1

Racer (blue) - 1

Beast - 1

Slingshot - 1

Vortex - 1

Zephyr - 1

Boo Blasters - 1

I really enjoyed opening day. It was nice to see everyone again.. I missed you all a lot. :)

Wow your fast at posting PTRs! I still need to finish my huge KD/Carowinds/SFOG/Dollywood one, and than start my Kings Island opening day one! Sorry I didn't get to hangout with you guys, it seemed like every time I called Adam he was in line for something, or every time he called me I was in line for something. Atleast I got to say hi to you and Tom, and got to hangout with Adam for a while!

My Dollywood photos refuse to upload to Facebook or I would have a PTR up right now. :(

Is it possible to insert an image from Facebook on KIC? Whenever I try I get a "that is not a valid extension error" or something like that.

Also, enjoyed the PTR - can't believe I didn't see you again beyond the metal detectors, although I did get to ride Drop Tower and hang out with Tom for a little while.