The Planet Snoopy Poll

McSalsa

I'm actually kind of stunned no one made this poll yet! Oh well, that's my job here on KIC...here I go: How well done do you think Planet Snoopy is, and do you perfer it or 2009's Nick U? Note, YOU DON'T NEED TO HAVE BEEN TO THE PARK YET, but please look at the pictures and images at least to get a fair comparison.

Enjoy the poll. If you don't like polls, click back.;)

I voted that it is average. From trip Reports, it looks nice, but aside from new paint colors and new names and new signs, nothing else has changed. Nothing new to make this area better than last year.

I voted Nick U was better because it was better themed. From what ive seen from TR's, Planet Snoopy has theming, but it isnt to the scale NIck U was. Reptar and Wild Thornberries had to be some of the best themed rides in the park, and they have been replaced with a sign, and a flat sign of the Peanuts Gang waving with a finish line. I havnt been there yet, so this decision isnt final.

^^^

If I understand correctly, only the Wild Thornberries, the crane, and the raft below the sign were removed... Remember, the ride also has 'spitting' coconuts, a giant snake, and a very Australian looking giant outpost, numerous Australian fixtures on the side of the building, TNT boxes, etc.

Yes, they did remove the awesome crane and a few other things, but is it really all that bad?

And I have a question... On opening day were they playing the old lift hill spiel? That thing brings back so many memories! (And fits so well with the ride...)

Planet Snoopy is more colorful, inviting, friendly and Peanuts is just SO much better then Spongebob. I didn't hear one kid (And I speant at least an hour in the area) complain about the lack of Nick. Not one.

I think PS was better than NU because it used alot more color. NU was just green and orange all over the place.

[/size][/size]

WIN!

I agree! I was fully expecting to dislike Planet Snoopy at the beginning of the offseason, when I first heard about the change. As we saw more and more updates from the park, my mind started changing. After Saturday, my mind was completely and totally made up. Planet Snoopy is WAY better than Nick Universe! It's bright and colorful. Kids loved it. Snoopy is adorable. Woodstock Express looks really really good with it's Blue Icecream Paint Job :P . The statues placed around the area are really cool and nice touches! Overall the kids area looks fantastic!

To be honest i didnt know what to plan for. My wife and i had bought some peanuts dvds so our 3 yr old could become familiar with what was going to be different. All i can say is that Planet Snoopy is a hit with him. he wouldnt leave the snoopy character alone i know he hugged him several times, and prounounced his love for lucy during charlie browns hoe down.

Overall i think that Planet Snoopy was a great change. I hope they do some things to jazz up what used to be bikini bottom it was one of the better themed areas of the park and is very bland right now. True it was cold but the water didnt have to be on for theming to be in place. this was one of my only disapointments.

We had a great time saturday and are looking forward to an "adult day" at the park.

Dexbomb ride count for 2010: Diamondback 1, sallys seaplane 1, kite eating tree 1, and woodstock express 2. not impressive i know but was a day for little man

Guest IceCream329

I work in that Area so I spent the whole weekend there and everyone enjoyed it...not a complaint....nuttin...I really love it and it is amazing....truly the best!!!

^^^

If I understand correctly, only the Wild Thornberries, the crane, and the raft below the sign were removed... Remember, the ride also has 'spitting' coconuts, a giant snake, and a very Australian looking giant outpost, numerous Australian fixtures on the side of the building, TNT boxes, etc.

Yes, they did remove the awesome crane and a few other things, but is it really all that bad?

And I have a question... On opening day were they playing the old lift hill spiel? That thing brings back so many memories! (And fits so well with the ride...)

Just thought I would bump my question... Are most of the 'old' props still in place? Is the lift spiel still being used?

(Sorry if I sound blunttongue.gif)

I voted for Planet Snoopy being better than NU because I like the paint jobs at Planet Snoopy. The colors are bright and vibrant. However, I am not a big Snoopy fan.

Well, I broke down and purchased a platinum season pass, but i have not seen the park yet. I have however seen my sisters pictures. My favorite picture by far is of the Kite Eating Tree. Looks very cool for both kids and adults. And I love the pic of Snoopy kissing Lucy's nose.

I voted for Planet Snoopy. It's true that last year the paint of NU was faded and the paint in Planet Snoopy will eventually fade, the look of Planet Snoopy is a lot better. Instead of just using orange and yellow, there are tons of colors. I like the way the Woodstock Express looks, and I love the look of the area. It will still win the award for best children's area... without a doubt.

So standbyme, what complaints do you have with Planet Snoopy at the moment? Considering you've been to the park, seen it in person for yourself, etc.

Because when I went, the area looked better paint wise, the ride signs were all better, Boo Blasters was better, not to mention the kids absolutely loved it.

Last night, I saw kids getting their picture taken next to the sign for the Great Pumpkin Coaster. I also saw several kids at different times getting their picture taken with the Snoopy figurine at the entrance to Planet Snoopy near Boo Blasters. I think it is a huge hit with kids. And as I`ve said before, as long as there are rides for kids, it really makes no difference what the area is themed to. Back in the day at Coney Island, the area was themed to the "Land of Oz." It makes no difference what it is themed to, kids will still have fun and create lasting memories.

Coney Island Rocks, they have a new lift spiel on Race for Your Life Charlie Brown. In fact, most of the rides in Planet Snoopy (both here and at Carowinds) got new spiels. And yes, the coconuts and snake props on the log flume have both been removed.

The Faded version of Planet Snoopy will still look better then the faded version of Nick.

The props (statues, signs, etc.) will probably be removed as soon as they start being vandalized (I'd be shocked if some of them are still there at the end of the season). The paint will fade, and the ride names will still suck. Here's hoping for us to be bought...

Overall I liked PS, I just think they cold have done a few more things. As many other I think Surf Dog needs a Snoopy on a surf board where Avatar was. I also think that they could have done more with the "pumpkin patch" then just putting a cut out in the middle of the coaster.

I also think that they could have done more with the "pumpkin patch" then just putting a cut out in the middle of it coaster.

I thought that too. I mean, at least maybe put some artificial pumpkins or something. I do like the painting on the building though.

The Faded version of Planet Snoopy will still look better then the faded version of Nick.

The props (statues, signs, etc.) will probably be removed as soon as they start being vandalized (I'd be shocked if some of them are still there at the end of the season). The paint will fade, and the ride names will still suck. Here's hoping for us to be bought...

have you not been to Cedar Point? they have almost the same exact statues setting around their Planet Snoopy, and none of them have been removed due to someone who thinks it would be "cool" to go and try to vandalize a statue of snoopy. plus, park security should be on their toes to prevent something like that from happening.

Nickelodeon Universe is much better in my opinion. Although the orange and green colors were over used, it looked much better than the red and blue Planet Snoopy. At PS, just about every name sucks. Like Linus Launcher, since when is Linus known for launching stuff? Or Charley Brown's Wind Up, I don't recall Charley Brown being famous for winding stuff up. Surf Dog, I never knew Snoopy was famous because of his surfing abilities. And worst of all, Race For Your Life Charley Brown, way too long of a name, I don't know where they came up with that name or how it relates to a Log Flume. Overall, Planet Snoopy has horrible names, and I really don't like Beastie's paint job.

Alot of rides at Nickelodeon Universe had good names when they were built, but over years that show stopped showing. Wild Thornberrie's River Adventure, in 2001 Wild Thornberries was really popular, but by 2009 very few kids still watched it. I'm pretty sure Danny Phantom, Rugrats, Avatar, Fairy God Parents, Spongebob, Dora Explorer, Scooby Doo, and Backyardigans still come on. And some of those are still really popular, and will be for a long time.

Every kid knows who Spongebob is, and they loved meeting him, and riding rides named after him. At Planet Snoopy, I'm sure most kids have heard of Snoopy, but don't watch it. I saw some kids hugging Snoopy and other characters, but I don't think they hugged them because they love their show. They probably just hugged them because they saw a big dog or giant little kids that look soft.