The Planet Snoopy Poll

McSalsa

The Faded version of Planet Snoopy will still look better then the faded version of Nick.

The props (statues, signs, etc.) will probably be removed as soon as they start being vandalized (I'd be shocked if some of them are still there at the end of the season). The paint will fade, and the ride names will still suck. Here's hoping for us to be bought...

have you not been to Cedar Point? they have almost the same exact statues setting around their Planet Snoopy, and none of them have been removed due to someone who thinks it would be "cool" to go and try to vandalize a statue of snoopy. plus, park security should be on their toes to prevent something like that from happening.

.....how do you make off with a 5-foot, snow white, 600-pound fiberglass rendering of a dancing Snoopy without anyone noticing in the first place? :mellow:

....And worst of all, Race For Your Life Charley Brown, way too long of a name, I don't know where they came up with that name or how it relates to a Log Flume.

I agree that Race For You Life Charlie Brown is a long name but I do think it is one of the better ride name / theming tie ins in PS.

Last night, I saw kids getting their picture taken next to the sign for the Great Pumpkin Coaster. I also saw several kids at different times getting their picture taken with the Snoopy figurine at the entrance to Planet Snoopy near Boo Blasters. I think it is a huge hit with kids.

I am a fan of the new PS, but to be fair...I doubt many kids ran over to the front of the Great Pumpkin sign and demanded a photo be taken of them with the sign. I'm willing to bet that the majority of posed photos at any park are instigated by the parents, and isn't really a fair gauge of how well the kids adore the theme. The rides, however, I think they love, and are willing to pose for any photo if it means mom & dad are happy and putting them on the ride.

The Faded version of Planet Snoopy will still look better then the faded version of Nick.

The props (statues, signs, etc.) will probably be removed as soon as they start being vandalized (I'd be shocked if some of them are still there at the end of the season). The paint will fade, and the ride names will still suck. Here's hoping for us to be bought...

You have got to be kidding me... :wacko::lol:

Nickelodeon Universe is much better in my opinion. Although the orange and green colors were over used, it looked much better than the red and blue Planet Snoopy. At PS, just about every name sucks. Like Linus Launcher, since when is Linus known for launching stuff? Or Charley Brown's Wind Up, I don't recall Charley Brown being famous for winding stuff up. Surf Dog, I never knew Snoopy was famous because of his surfing abilities. And worst of all, Race For Your Life Charley Brown, way too long of a name, I don't know where they came up with that name or how it relates to a Log Flume. Overall, Planet Snoopy has horrible names, and I really don't like Beastie's paint job.

Snoopy is famous for grabbing Linus' blanket and 'launching' him quite a way, sometimes in an attempt to steal the blanket, other times, just because he enjoys doing so. Charlie Brown is known for being the pitcher (and manager) of their never winning baseball team. Snoopy does surf in quite a few strips, but is often thrown off the beach before he has a chance to. ("No Dogs on the Beach")

IMO- Race for your Life Charlie Brown' and 'Boo Blasters on Boo Hill' are both poor names. The rest of the ride names are very catchy, and pretty good.

Or Charley Brown's Wind Up, I don't recall Charley Brown being famous for winding stuff up.

Charlie Brown is the pitcher for his baseball team... and what do pitchers do? They wind-up! Hence the picture of Charlie Brown pitching right next to the ride's name on the park website.

And worst of all, Race For Your Life Charley Brown, way too long of a name, I don't know where they came up with that name or how it relates to a Log Flume.

As for "Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown", the name of the ride is also the name of a movie that has the Peanuts going to Camp Remote and participating in a river raft race. See here. I think the name's very fitting for a water ride in Planet Snoopy, even if it is long. But was "Wild Thornberry's River Adventure" any shorter? (Actually, WTRA is 2 letters longer than the new name!) wink.giflaugh.gif

I really don't want to choose between the two because I grew up loving both.

Although I will give credit where credit is due. PS doesn't look so bad. From the pictures I think it's a good looking place. Well kid-approved. I mean I will always have a place in my heart for NU, as well a HBL which I wasn't too big a fan of but still enjoyed. Like I said I will always love NU and will miss terribly, but I think I can make room for PS.

;)

^ But his point was he doesn't like the names, no one our age understands them. And we are 15, 16, 17 etc...

really!? i wish someone had told me earlier that i didn't really know that "race for your life, charlie brown" was a peanuts gang movie, and that charlie brown was a pitcher for his baseball team.

there are many teens that know about charlie brown, snoopy, and the rest of the peanut gang. :)

• 3 weeks later...