Kings Island Open This Friday Night

BoddaH1994

Kings Island is now open for weekends every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through May 21, when daily operation begins. Visit Kings Island this weekend and find out why everyone is raving about the all-new Planet Snoopy and Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. Challenge Diamondback – the tallest, fastest and meanest coaster at Kings Island! Or enjoy long-time favorites like The Beast, Vortex, Racer, Delirium and Drop Tower.

Visit Kings Island this Friday night (April 23) when the park is open from 5:00pm until 10:00pm and enjoy all your favorite rides with minimal wait time (the line for Diamondback was less than 10 minutes the first Friday night of season last year and was virtually a walk-on at many of the other rides throughout the park).

source: Kings Island Newsletter

If the forecasts for this weekend hold true, there won't be much of a wait for any ride except Boo Blasters and Flight of Fear...

*hopes Cedar Fair won't be as strict on just "raining" operations as it was last year*

If the forecasts for this weekend hold true, there won't be much of a wait for any ride except Boo Blasters and Flight of Fear...

*hopes Cedar Fair won't be as strict on just "raining" operations as it was last year*

That was answered on the 5@5 a while back, it is the same as last year.

I'm sure this article by the weather channel does not help the cause, especially if read wrong:

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/stormwatch/

Tonight isn't too bad with 40% chance of showers (as opposed to rain) during most of the park's operation. I try to think positive; a weather report similar to this (but colder) gave me a great advantage at CP last October. :)

Checked the webcam earlier.. it looked like there was a good amount of water on a couple roofs.

I was supposed to get my first visit this weekend.. looks like i'll be staying in indianapolis. =[

PS. Checked the webcam again just now.. you can actually see the rain falling now. Sad day.

What a great night at the park. Only sprinkled a couple of times but enough that it kept the hoards away. Diamondback was at worst a 2 train wait and often walk on. The only negative to the night was that I lost my phone on Firehawk. It was in a buttoned pocket. I still can't figure how it escaped.

Friday night was excellent. I think it sprinkled twice for about 3-5 minutes each time. Walked on to everything except 1st row Diamondback and The Beast at the end of the night. Even then, each was about a five minute wait.

This is the second consecutive year my wife and I have gone to the park on the first Friday of the operating season, and both times, we've had a great time with minimal waits. Saw a lot of KICers around the park. Hope everyone enjoyed the evening.