Roller Coaster Track Question., PICTURE SIZE FIXED.

CoasterFreak45

I was coming down route 9, right by the wilder exit, and in the Maxim crane yard there was some roller coaster track. There was mainly curved yellow pieces, but also a few red pieces. I never noticed this before, has it always been there?

I now have pics! I apolgize for the quality I was kinda far away. It kinda reminds me of chang. There is also in between this track a large amount of bright blue supports

Roller454.png

efgrgrgwg.png

dvdsafggwewh.png

Well im 10000000% sure that all of Changs track is sitting at Six Flags Great Amreicas back parking lot. When I was at No coaster Con back in January I talked to the Director of Operations of the park and he told me that.

Well, I must say, after seeing those larger pictures, that they do in fact look like roller coaster track. And the second picture, the blue pieces in front of the yellow pieces even look like coaster supports. And the colors do seem like a perfect match for Chang.

Adam, while 100% of the coaster could have been on site in January, it is now mid-April. And with the state of Kentucky getting involved in the ownership battle of who exactly owns what rides, they could very well have moved some of the track to a new location. It appears that this is the case anyway. I`m not sure of any other B&M coaster in the US with that color scheme that has recently been dismanteled.

Thanks for the address. That's only 10 to 15 minutes from where I work. I'll go check it out when I have time. I'll also show this topic to my sister and see if she thinks it's Chang. I haven't been to KK in probably close to 15 years (before SF owned it and before Chang existed), but she was there a couple years ago, so she might be able to identify it.

I am wondering though. If that is indeed from SFKK, why would it be up here? Louisville is a good 90 minute drive from here. The state fair board is based in Louisville, and most othe state offices would be in Frankfort. Why would they pick a crane company in Wilder to dismantle it, haul it away and store it?

Six Flags has had a habit of taking apart coasters and leaving them spread around. There was a SLC from Astroworld that was laying in a field next to Great Escape before recently being moved and assembled at LaRonde. SFA has a coaster in a field that can be seen from Superman.

could also be "batman the escape" from astroworld / darien lake.... also a b&m standup that has been shipped around several times....

http://rcdb.com/3472.htm?p=0

http://rcdb.com/53.htm?p=0

i e-mailed lance from screamscape and he mentioned that it could be this coaster.

AFAIK the old intamin standup from SFAW is still on site at DL & rusting away,this appears to be Chang's track & supports as SFAW's was a darker shade of yellow & blue.

Chance are that the state fair board wants the ride back & it's gonna be returned to them because it wasn't an asset of the current SF management teams to remove since it was installed before even premiere aqquired the park.