New Inverted Coaster?

beastrider97

I don't really like posting about rumors of new coasters but I saw something on Opening Day to make me curious. By the Skyline Chili in the park (by the front entrance) there is a store called Thrillseekers. In one of the windows there are a ton of Diamondback shirts hanging up. But on a stand in front of it there is a (yellow?) model of an inverted coaster. There was no name or any revelance to the Diamondback apparel hanging behind it. It was just there. I didn't get a picture but did anyone else see this?

From 5@5.

Zach Branstetter – What roller coaster model is in the window for display at Thrill Seekers? Is this an idea for a future design? 

Zach, the model on display is of an existing coaster. It’s not an idea for a future design. We have a couple of different coaster models at the park. I will find out which one we currently have on display. Zach, just walked by Thrill Seekers and the model on display is one that the company that makes the models created.

I remember seeing it since 08. 

Indeed, they are in fact selling those Scorpion models by CoasterDynamix. They were available at the park for the same price as on the CoasterDynamix website. Now that the inverted trains are being remolded, I believe there is a LIMITED supply of these models at KI.

Suggestion, buy a Diamondback statix, a Phoenix model from CoasterDynamix, switch the wheels from the Phoenix train to the Diamondback train and take out the inversions on the Phoenix and you have a working Diamondback themed model.

I don't really like posting about rumors of new coasters but I saw something on Opening Day to make me curious. By the Skyline Chili in the park (by the front entrance) there is a store called Thrillseekers. In one of the windows there are a ton of Diamondback shirts hanging up. But on a stand in front of it there is a (yellow?) model of an inverted coaster. There was no name or any revelance to the Diamondback apparel hanging behind it. It was just there. I didn't get a picture but did anyone else see this?

In Milford, in a shop called the Coolest Toys on Earth, they have the very same model in the window.

the Diamondback model would have never fit in the front window of thrill seekers. Diamondback's model was located in the glass viewing area that's underneath the international street restaurant, beside the main entrance, while the scorpion model has been in both the front window of thrill seekers and the little gift shop, just to the right of the main entrance.

• 1 month later...

i don't know how long you all have been going to Kings Island and posting on this site but i remember seeing that sign when i was ten- and im thirteen!!!

I think you are incorrect, I don't think that has been their three years. No offense Alex.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Millennium

YES. A B&M Invert right next to Firehawk? Yummy.

What if it was a Vekoma and in Rivertown?

Just asking

No thanks. In terms of steel, I can usually only deal with B&M's and Intamin's. .

Just asking

No thanks. In terms of steel, I can usually only deal with B&M's and Intamin's. .

Can I ask how you can call yourself a coaster enthusiast when you only like steel coasters made by two manufacturers?

Just asking

Can I ask how you can call yourself a coaster enthusiast when you only like steel coasters made by two manufacturers?

Because it's his opinion.

When was the last time that Chance Morgan installed a major new coaster? The best I can tell, the last major coaster to come out of Morgan (prior to their merger with Chance Rides) was Quiksilver Express at Gilroy Gardens out in California. It seems that Chance Rides (according to RCDB) has made a few kiddy coasters a few years back.

I`d say the four major steel coaster manufacturers today are Vekoma, B&M, Intamin and Premier Rides. There are of course smaller companies like Mack that typically make smaller more portable type rides like Wild Mouse rides.

Guest Millennium

Just asking

Does being a coaster enthusiast mean I have to like all companies that make them?

I said usually by the way. I'm really not in the mood for you to nitpick through my comments. Thanks. ;)